I was watching some news show last week about David Berkowitz, the Son of Sam serial killer who terrorized NYC back in the 70’s. That bought back memories mostly bad ones. The Show was called something like David Berkowitz Speaks. Like many killers, he did not take responsibility for the killings, instead blaming it on the Devil in his head making him do those things. I used to be totally obsessed with serial killers, mass murderers, and criminals. I used to think I had more in common with them than I did people who were not criminals, and it was the furthest thing from the truth in my head. Funny how we lie to ourselves that way. It has a lot to do with how we feel about ourselves, so it’s not entirely intentional. I have never thought much about myself. I thought I was meant to be a bad person, so I had bad thoughts, and I was obsessed with those thoughts and being a bad person, even though I wasn’t. So in my case I fought those thoughts, which turned into horrible temptations which I had very little control over, so I did things differently than others do. I avoided situations which made the temptations and bad thoughts worse, many of which were overwhelming. It is a miracle that I did not act out on the thoughts. Looking back all these years, I’m glad I did not. Though I have limitations in my life, I feel free of that emotional insanity. Many Folks have bad thoughts they do not act on. I have asked other people and have confirmed it. So my message today is if you are having weird thoughts telling you to act on bad things, DON’T DO IT. It’s just bullshit in your head. Get counseling, it helps.
Everyone has problems, no one is better than anyone else in this world, though some may think they are. We all have problems. I bet David Berkowitz regrets his actions and deep inside, though he won’t admit it, knows he did not have to act on those bad thoughts and temptations.
Here is your Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Brandishing a knife, Shoreline at Santa Cruz. A skateboarder brandished a knife to the reporting party then left the scene in a truck after some type of disagreement.
- Assault at the probation office, someone had an eye injury, medics responded.
- Someone thought to be not breathing at the bus stop in the 200 block of North Milpas was actually sleeping.
- Traffic accident in the Carrillo Underpass.
- Traffic accident, 100 block of South Quarantina, solo vehicle into three parked cars.
- Suicidal female outside Mission Audio, 1910 DLV.
- Minor injury accident Mission at Castillo.
- Vandalism, three males painting something with green and red paint. Oak at Modoc.
- Assault, subject yelling and assaulting staff members at Regional Vocational Center, 520 East Montecito.
- Medics at Castillo and Mission for the auto accident there.
- Subject passed out in a vehicle in the parking lot of Home Depot in Market Place, WMA in a black truck, check his welfare.
- Suicidal subject having suicidal thoughts La Playa Stadium SBCC.
- Some guy clocked the pizza delivery man, Cheltenham at Kenmore. I would never do that to a pizza delivery man. Sounded like it was over a female. I’d much rather have the pizza myself.
- Suicidal subject on the East Side calling 911 and not telling the dispatcher their address so they were going by cell phone pings to find the subject, 800 block of East Yanonali.
- Subject passed out in a truck, Storke at Hollister. Not sure, but could be the same guy as earlier.
- Drunk males laying on the sidewalk in the 800 block of State, blocking.
- Transient disturbing at Amtrak on La Patera in Goleta.
- Some type of fight at the probation department, 117 East Carrillo. Second one on Wednesday.
- Check the welfare of a dog crying inside of a house. Reporting party thought dog was being beaten, in the 3700 block of Uranus.
- Subjects setting up homeless camps, 2200 block of Las Positas.
- Physical fight in the parking lot of 313 West Arrellaga. I think it was two men fighting each other.
- Smoke investigation outside 200 block of North La Cumbre Road. Did not hear anything about a fire.
- Medical call PATH, 816 Cacique.
- Burglary to a room at a motel in the 400 block of West Montecito Street.
- Burglary to a residence on South Voluntario, missed the address.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Premises check, McKenzie Park.
- 5000 block of Happy Canyon Road, vehicle accident injury, two vehicles, SUV and a van.
- Medical call, rear of Saks, male subject down.
- Knife brandishing after having an argument with a pedestrian in the 5700 block of Hollister, a motorist pulled a knife on the subject, then calmly walked into his business. Doofus.
- Threats investigation, 1400 block of San Pasqual.
- Telephone wire down, 1400 block of Lou Dillon Lane.
- Disturbance over theft of loaf of bread Santa Cruz Market 324 West Montecito.
- ACT team responding to the 7100 block of Alameda in Goleta on a 5150 hold.
- Vons Turnpike, shoplifter.
- Domestic on Milky Way, 100 block, Santa Maria.
- Transient disturbing, 100 block of State Street.
- Unknown type medical emergency at PHF, 315 Camino Del Remedio.
- Fire department requesting assistance in the 600 block of Pilgrim Terrace.
- Possible fall from a seizure with a head injury in the 300 block of West Mission.
- SBPD on a subject who sounds drunk, State Street at Haley.
- Assault at the Chevron Station, 3500 block of Santa Maria Way.
- Fall victim, 900 block Ward Drive.
- Male in the city police station trying to report his vehicle stolen, disturbing.
- Overdose on the 2nd floor of the Faulding Hotel.
- Premises check, Dwight Murphy Park.
Well that’s it outta me right now. Having some horrible arthritic pain and I need a break. Everything hurts. Have a great weekend. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, C.J., Jonathan, Brad, Billy, Walter, Fred, Cop John, Marty, Magruder, Don, Cory, Edwin, ELMO, Rambo, Sherry, Diana, Jim, Stan, Kent, Carl, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on Monday. Later, Roger