Scanner Reports 3-11-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Lightning. The other night the lightning storm shook me up because we used to have those storms in the Midwest when I was growing up and there were a couple of close calls. So I have always had this fear that I was going to be struck by lightning some day. When I was a little kid about 6 feet tall lightning struck our TV antenna and roof, it fried our TV and everything else electric in the house, of course, I only noticed the TV, being 7 years old. There were also a couple of holes in the walls of our house from the lightning strike but I only remember the one a few feet above my head. I was not traumatized about it I thought it was kinda cool at the time something to tell the kids at school maybe they would take a break from kicking my ass for a day or two.
About 10 years later while in the boys home in Fort Wayne I was sitting in the dayroom watching football next to "Po" our House Father, we were on the 2nd floor in the day room we had a terrace with an iron railing. The terrace door was open, Po had his hand on the railing and had just taken his hand off when lightning hit it during a Thunder Storm. I was about six feet away he was much closer but we both saw it being so close. He turned to me with this horrified look and I still bust up laughing remembering the look on his face, he must have thought I was the devil.
The last time was here a few years back right between my cottage and Belinda's a strike hit the ground close enough hopefully it will always stay a few feet away. The other night Joey went out during the storm. Being a cat you cannot tell him what to do, he doesn't listen, neither do I so we get along great. He did not come back right away so I got worried, like a good Mother I went out to get him. Loud roaring thunder, lightning, lighting up the sky like daylight. I found him under Gentleman Jim's Truck shaking like a leaf. I begged him to come out but he wouldn't he was too scared. I started thinking if I did not get back in the house I was going to get it so I came back in. When the neighbors got home there were two more cars for him to shelter under so the next time I went out to get him he ran from vehicle to vehicle to get shelter and into our little house. A little while later I decided to crash we usually do early now as sleep is much better than pain. I was sitting on the edge of my bed Joey, Jo Bear was under the bed hiding. I was watching the lightning storm through the blinds hiding. As I looked out of the window I noticed something I have had for a long time hanging from the curtain hook a glow in the dark, plastic bolt of lightning on a key chain about a foot long, before I went to bed I took it down and put it in the closet. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Loud Basketball 5:20 am in the 1200 Block of San Pascual it was 3 Subjects and not one had a criminal history.
- 20002 Non Injury hit and run Milpas at Gutierrez streets suspect vehicle a white Honda North on Milpas
- 415 Subject and his dog not allowed on the Amtrak train has to be in Santa Cruz by 3pm. I don't know why the dog was not allowed on the train I hope they got to Santa Cruz by 3pm.
- 415pc Transients disturbing in the Milpas UNDERPANTS.
- 2002 Non injury hit and run on Quinientos victim is at Summit Gas at 8 South Milpas and Has Video.
- A home on APS, I will not say where, is abandoned and the next door neighbor believes there is someone inside as there is evidence that someone has been entering the home. Imagine if you will how many squatters are in abandoned structures here. I wonder if there are Squatters in Sears Yet?
- Suspicious Subject in the Milpas roundabout they did not say why they were suspicious.
- 415 Family Nephew threatening to burn down the building 200 Block of East Carrillo, besides that he isn't violent.
- 415 Road Rage someone brandished a handgun I did not write down where it occurred though I seem to recall maybe it was on the lower West Side just North of Montecito I stink it was in that area, of course, I wrote down the area of where the gunmen lives but since the police know there is no need to tell them again.
- 23103 Reckless grey Mitsibushi Lancer North Bound in the Bike Lane on Bath street at Micheltorena.
- Suicidal Subject at PATH 816 Cacique.
- Female panhandling with 2 children tells reporting party she could no longer care for her children at Vons 1040 Coast Village Road.
- 242 Assault investigation 4000 Block of Via Lucero.
- Subject using drugs in the bathroom of a restaurant in the 700 Block of Chapala.
- 20 to 25 Juveniles trespassing on South Kellogg in the 100 Block something about a Skate Park? Why would they be trespassing at a Skate Park.
- 415 Neighbors 1200 Block of Cacique.
- Teenager did a Beer Run at Rite Aide 35 South Milpas.
- Green Lazer light pointed at Airplanes somewhere in the downtown area reporting party Santa Barbara Airport.
- 242 Assault at Sycamore Senior Village not sure where that is exactly Lompoc maybe.
- 5150 Transport from Cottage Hospital to PHF.
- Premises check Drag Strip 600 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Overdose in the back seat of a car in a driveway in the 700 Block of West Micheltorena with Family Members on scene arguing over it.
- Suspicious subject female dressed in black approaching passing vehicles San Roque at Calle Rosales The Woman dressed in Black.
- Squatters or Thieves over the gate and through the structure of Santa Barbara Iron and Metal We Go Male and Female arrested.
- In the 2400 Block of De La Vina there was a 415 Domestic and the female was throwing the males clothing out the window.
- Check the Welfare of a male sitting in front of a residence in the 800 Block of Laguna not answering the reporting party Who I ASSume is the Home Owner. When the police got there I think the guy spoke to them though I don't know what about or how it ended up.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Possible gas leak inside of a residence in the 900 Block of Camino Corto.
- Vehicle vs hydrant possible DUI 1000 Block of East Cota Street.
- Check the Welfare of a dog hit by a car running in traffic 1000 Block of Garden street.
- Check the Welfare of a Black Female Adult crawling around on all fours Sycamore at Hot Springs.
- Code 40. Drunk Down 331 West Montecito.
- Vehicle accident Storke at Market Place Unknown if injury.
- Skate Boarder Down on the bridge at SBCC 100 Block of Loma Alta injury.
- Overdose 900 Block of East Main.
- 5150 Transport Cottage Hospital to Vista Del Mar.
- 415 Male who was wearing female clothing wanted for trespassing at Starbucks in the 1200 Block of State street.
- Code 40 Drunk Down 400 Block of Por La Mar foaming from the mouth though he was Drunk.
- 415 Fight 2 males fighting over the theft of a bicycle one subject had a knife he was the one on the ground who possibly needed help the other guy was North on State street with the bicycle last heard. I don't know who the rightful owner was.
- UI Subject threatening to kill his Uncle in the 1000 Block of Olive.
- 484 Theft a couple ripped something off from a store in the 700 Block of State street they were followed by the reporting party till they dropped the item somewhere on Anacapa near Parking lot 10 guess they won't be going back to that store for awhile.
- Subject sleeping and drinking behind the Dumpster at 1515 State street.
- Suicidal Drunk at Starbucks in the 800 Block of State street.
- 415 Family 300 Block of Elizabeth.- Suspicious Circumstances at Santa Barbara Bank and Trust would not say what but the R.P. Was a juvenile.
- 415 Domestic male pushed the female back into the apartment while holding a golf club he threatened his girlfriends friend then shut the door 500 Block of East Carrillo Abusers are always brave when they have their weapons in their hands.
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist San Jose Road at the San Marcos Trout Club.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- 415 Transient threw a chair at a customer in Starbucks in the 500 Block of State street and must have hit them because the call was changed from a 415pc to 245pc Assault with a weapon the suspect fled but I'm pretty sure they caught up with him down the street.
- 242 Assault someone was pushed down some stairs in the 600 Block of East Micheltorena street.
- 415 Transient disturbing at Starbucks in the 800 Block of State street.
- Wanted subject on a bicycle in the 1300 Block of Shoreline.
- 459 Burglary Hot Prowl after a guest left a key in the door 200 Block of West Pedregosa WMA 5'7 Jeans, shirt.
- Suspicious subjects going through bags of clothing in a parking lot in the 100 Block of West Micheltorena, male and female in a white 1989 Corvette registered to the 400 Block of Chapala.
- 415 Between a Land Lord and a Tenant 1100 Block of East Haley.
- Premises check Skaters Point.
- 100 Block of North La Cumbre items thrown male yelling...10 Year Old Girl saying she was 242ed Assaulted.
- Compound Fracture to the Arm Elings Park 2500 Block of Cliff Drive near the Landing area Unknown how Arm was injured.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly female in the 1000 Block of Chapala.
- The same Subject who assaulted an Employee at the Santa Cruz Market 324 West Montecito street on the 6th of March and has refused to leave the premises afterwards is in the store today again on SUNday refusing to leave Maybe someone should press charges
- Premises check Lot 10 600 Block of Anacapa.
- 602 Trespasser in a females room at Westmount College 900 Block of La Paz a male teenager or in his early 20's invited himself in the reporting party did not know him. He left Security called the SBSO they responded unknown if they found him.
- Sucidal subject at Alemada Park.
- Check the Welfare of an ill Subject in the 1700 Block of San Pascual who wants to end it.
- Elevator Rescue 510 Salsipuedes 3 rd floor. Everyone was rescued thanks to the heroic response of our dedicated Firefighters.
- 415 Transient disturbing customers at a store in the 600 Block of State street.
- Med call 3800 Block of Cresent.
- Possible Water Main Break at El Sueno and Cathedral Oaks.
Will That is all outta me for Now Have a Wonderful MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Maxwell, Fish Heads One and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Mavis, Pat, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Eddie, Bambi, Ricky, Bengie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on WEDnesday...Later, Roger