Scanner Reports 12-27-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
As soon as the weather turned wet on Christmas Morning my cold came back, that is normal for me being ill on the Holidays. I have asthma too, all my life I have had that but though it be cold, wet, rainy, at least I have a roof over my head. At least I have hot coffee and a good hot meal. As I age I feel more grateful than I did when I was younger. Friends came by, not getting too close they dropped off gifts. Santa was good to me this year, he usually is. When the rain came it was a good hard rain, I was grateful for our water supply Cachuma would be getting more water, our creeks running animals in our hills and in the backcountry will have plenty of water. I love a good hard rain then the wind I sat here and listened to it along with the scanner more 415 Domestics than anything it seemed they are always sad. A couple of them were pretty bad, our police officers responded code 3 lights and sirens to stop potential physical attacks, and those that had become physical.
I did not see any official tornado warnings on Facebook but friends mentioned them. I was tired and went to bed then cuddled under my blankets with Joey and Fish Head 3 we snored away Christmas night. Earlier before the warnings mentioned from friends I heard 3 large gusts of wind with a slight roar in them, they lasted longer than regular gusts and seemed stronger toward the back of our property. I never thought it might be a tornado if it was it was a weak one. Being from Indiana I have been close to tornado's before and they are quite scary. I was sitting on my Grandparents porch one sunny warm day drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette when I heard a freight train coming down the track they lived across the street from the tracks though the sound got closer and closer. I saw no train and just as I thought of a tornado the sky went black and I yelled the two most famous words in history when doom is upon us..."Oh Shit!!!" I jumped up and ran for the garage behind the locked house but never made it somehow I got hooked on the back door as I got thrown toward it my arm went through the glass to this day I was so frightened I don't know if I intentionally broke into my Grand Parents home or the wind pushed me through the glass. I looked toward the front of the home before going in and actually saw the monster coming through the darkness. I got the door open the basement right there down the stairs I went there was a bathroom there that was the first place I went, then for the fridge which was packed full of beer and wine like any good alcoholic. Soon after that the tornado disappeared the Sun came out again my wrist was cut from the glass blood all over the place coming from my wrist like a faucet. I called 911 the EMS got there as my Grand Parents pulled up they thought I just broke into the house to get their beer they were angry and I almost went to jail. They were a few blocks away and did not know the tornado touched down in their Hood not much damage was done. Seeing a tornado Up close and Personal is scary, waterspouts not so bad. Thank the Good Dog we got lots of rain. HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS..
Scanner Reports, CHRISTMAS:
- Man Down bleeding from the head, 2300 Block of Broadway in Santa Maria
- Med call Salvation Army 423 Chapala
- Medical Aide 1200 Block of North Ontare engines 4 and 15 responding mutual aide. Engine 4 Captain to Engine 15, "You can cancel Merry Christmas" That was nice.
- Mid Town ex boy fiend trying to get into residence, not just a fiend either a horribly abusive subject who had warrants and pending charges involving sex offenses and Strangulation.
- Smoke investigation outside Cliff Drive and Allen Road warming fire found by Engine 6
- 23152 Drunk Driver in the Handicapped spot at Cottage Hospital black Chevy Colorado 312 West Pubelo
- Suicide Attempt 1500 Block of Garden street
- 1900 Block of Santa Barbara street Medical aide
- Missing at Risk elderly woman on the Mesa, Found
- Burglary to a white van Bath street and Arrellaga.
- 459 Burglary on Mohawk.
- 415 Domestic Scumbag holding down female and beating her in a green Jeep 1100 Block of East Cabrillo per witness
- 415 Domestic 800 Block of Castillo.
- 227 East Arrellaga Elderly Man Assaulted by a male in a mini van parked in front of the church 242pc.
- 330 Highway 246 Trespasser in a Hotel Lobby.
- Drunk down with a back pack 600 Block of East Haley.
- Drunk Driver La Cumbre Off Ramp HMA in a black SUV 3:05pm
- Medical call Vons 1040 CVR Fallo victim, Montecito.
- Fire reported out FOOD ON THE STOVE 400 Block of East DLG There goes the Turkey will there is always Cam Lam American and Chinese food.
- 415 Domestic 800 Block of Orange Avenue Male and Female beating each other up yelling.
- Female in wheel chair unresponsive Medical call with PD response 130 East Haley.
- Vehicle into the ER at Cottage That was all I heard about that. I figured it was non injury, I hope.
- Medical Aide with PD response 323 East Cabrillo 242pc Assault female Assaulted Cowards left before the police showed up. A female officer got the victim into a warming center for the night Hopefully the woman will be there for acouple nights.
- Med call 3000 Block of Rucker Road North County.
- Med call 1118 East Cabrillo
- Med call 331 West Montecito
- Possible elder abuse by a Care Giver in the 700 Block of West Cabrillo.
- 2500 Block of DLV male on a video picking up a box in a parking garage walking toward a storage area wearing a black Hoodie and a hat.
- Vehicle over the side a hundred feet down Highway 101 Southbound at Old Coast Highway.
- Medical call at Station 2 819 Cacique.
- On Shoreline at the Harbor tree down in the roadway.
- Flooding on West Cabrillo making driving almost impossible.
- Tree Down in the roadway 400 Block of North Ontare.
- Arcing wires Garden at Arrellaga.
- Female locked out of her residence on a balcony 4800 Block of Sandy Land I bet that was fun during the storm Fire Department Assistance call I hope she is OK.
- Med call 423 Chapala street The Salvation Army.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- 459 Audible alarm 800 Block of Alston Road
- Medical Aide 1600 Block of Clearview Road
- 900 Block of Robal Lane Medical Call.
- Heard there was a working fire in a mobile home in Lompoc did not hear where.
- Subject with a sword hitting trash cans 100 Block of West Haley subject wearing a ski mask and a black Hoodie.
- Subject refusing to leave Starbucks 1235 State street.
- Foot Patrol 500 Block of North Milpas
- Traffic lights out at Foothill and La Cumbre
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park
- Suspicious grey SUV in the parking lot of Refugio State Park 2 Days reporting party thinks it's stolen
- 415 Female yelling 315 West Carillo
- 415pc Disturbance investigation 3761 State street
- Medical call 1300 Block of East Gutierrez
- Minor injury traffic accident Mission at DLV.
- Check the welfare of a female with a black eye panhandling on the Mission street off ramp
- Medical Emergency rear of the county jail
- SBPD Flag down 500 Block of North Milpas possible countrtfeit case.
- Wires arcing at the Jackson Family Winery 800 Block of Bell street.
- Subject having a panic attack after being bit by another human being at the Rescue Mission 535 East Yanonali.
- Tree down 4800 Block of 9th street in Carpinteria.
- Leaf Blower 500 Block of Arroyo Ave.
- Highway 166 at Highway 33 Vehicle Accident.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation at the police station.
In case you experience a tornado in Santa Barbara a basement or underground is the best way to go but if that is not available in a tub or shower is better than nothing if you are in an open space and there is no escape lay flat on the ground. That is what I heard, I'm no expert. We had basements in Indiana some times the roofs get torn off of homes but it has another floor to get through if your in a basement. I saw a small funnel rip up a small tree once in the yard here I know they can do damage but Thank the Good Dog it's on a much smaller scale...I knew 2 guys that laid flat on the ground in a park and the tornado did not kill them they had a dog and the dog was barking at the tornado. They told me the dog was picked up lifted about 20 feet in the air by the wind then gently placed back down, the dog was never the same again. I'm scared of all storms but I think lightning storms scare me the worse for more tips of how to stay safe during a Tornado Google I'm sure there are a lot of tips out there. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are ready for 2020, I think I will see the eye doctor in 2020 and get a new pair of glasses...That is it outta me Have a Great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby. Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Clancy, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Pat, Mavis, Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Bengie, Ricky, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Po, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry. LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock. Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger
Dec 28, 2019 01:43 PM
Roger, was there anything to this report of fire near Lake Cachuma this morning (Sat)? CHP: Sr154 EB SR154 ACROSS FROM LAKE CACHUMA.
9:33 AM .UNKN WHATS ON FIRE / POSS BRUSH FIRE.
9:32 AM .Appended, 09:53:02]  SMOKE SEEN.
8:52 AM .[Appended, 08:54:44]  FIRE ON HILL.
8:49 AM .NOT AFFECTING RDWY.
8:49 AM . 1/4 MILE OFF RDWY.
8:48 AM . SMOKE SEEN / POSS BRUSH FIRE.
Dec 27, 2019 07:01 PM
2020 has such a cool sound to it. I just know it's going to be one of the best years ever.
Dec 27, 2019 09:06 AM
It appears a very small, narrow one touched down briefly in Ventura, harbor area. In this area there is no way we would have one strong enough to destroy homes. Sure there can be some damage but when the warning came through I wasn't that worried - figured at worst it would be a strong microburst similar to what we had a few years back when that young lady was injured. Most people here do not have basements so an interior bathroom is your best bet. Unlikely this will ever happen again.
Dec 27, 2019 03:55 PM
I'm sure it will happen again maybe not every year we do get kick ass storms once in a while
Dec 27, 2019 08:44 AM
Just when we thought Haley cleaned up its act there is a pirate attack.