By Roger the Scanner Guy
I once knew a woman many years ago who lived in Montecito and was very wealthy. Her husband had passed away and left her everything, her name was “Vinnie.” After a time of mourning she met a younger man and fell in love with him, he had nothing. After some time together she became ill it was discovered that she had a tumor in her brain. She was no longer her self and needed care yet her younger husband got her to sign everything over to him and he dumped her out on the street, she was homeless. She went to the Morman Church here in Santa Barbara for help, she met a man there he brought her home to Goleta. They lived together in the home for some time then moved to the West Side of Santa Barbara on San Pascual with help from an old friend who was a realtor, she bought a home there. It was a large home there, they started a “Board and Care Home” and they never turned anyone away. I knew both of them personally. That is how I know that ANYONE can end up HOMELESS….. Anyone, It does not matter who you are or how much money you have you can become HOMELESS. Being Homeless is very hard being Hopeless is worse. Vinnie was not Hopeless neither was her mate Ken they had both been Homeless after losing everything gained a little back and dedicated their lives to helping others for the rest of their lives.
Vinnie had been an Independent Hero back in the 90’s for taking people into the home on San Pascual she passed on around 20 or so years ago, Ken passed on around 2010. It does not matter who you are or what you have one day you can lose it all. Be grateful for what you have if you don’t want to help others that is OK just don’t judge them too harshly because in reality your judging yourself. Merry Christmas HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Small flames seen possibly near a camp at the Paige Youth Center on Hollister in Goleta.. Highway 101 Southbound South of Santa Maria Way Vehicle Fire.
- Vehicle on the rail road tracks near Santa Claus lane Union Pacific notified.
- Subject yelling for help near McKenzie Park for several hours near the ball field help was finally called Medical
- Engine 2 535 East Yanonali med call.
- East Cota at Chiquita Road Medical call
- Medical call The Salvation Army 423 Chapala.
- Male severely beaten on Sicilian Road in Orcutt Will I know what that is like and I hope he gets well.
- Southbound highway 101 just South of Old Coast Highway vehicle on its roof. When I get another car someday I’m not going over 5mph everywhere
- Female refusing to leave the restroom at Starbucks 539 State street
- Premises check Oak Park
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park
- Non injury accident Carrillo and De La Vina
- Premises check Stevens Park
- Domestic Violence 300 Block of North Soledad female hit male.
- Reckless male juveniles on bicycles 5 of the little boogers EastBound on Ortega from State street
- Med call 1000 Block of East Haley
- Trespasser at Cottage Hospital 320 West Pueblo.
- Rollover traffic Accident 3400 Block of Highway 246
- 3 Vehicle accident minor injury 600 Block of San Fernando Drive
- Suspicious black Mercedes in Reporting Parties driveway 700 Block of Meigs Road
- Transformer problem 300 Block of Stevens Road
- Gas Powered leaf blower 300 Block of North Milpas Film at 11
- Burglary to a storage container 20 South Calle Caesar Chavez.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- 602pc Male refusing to leave the Trumpster 3100 Block of Orcutt Road
- Med call 1600 Block of Bath
- Abandoned white van in the parking lot of Mechanics Bank 914 Carpinteria Avenue
- Medical call unconscious intoxicated subject 900 Block of Linden in Carpinteria
- Med call 900 Block of Spring street
- Suspicious subject putting a scooter near a Trumpster in the 400 Block of Anacapa street
- Code 3 Medic’s Cacique and Milpas Medical call
- Female in a black Honda Civic leaving packages at doors in the area of Peabody School
- Kiteboarder in the water at Carp State Beach Kife Guard went in looking for him both came out of the water a few moments later all is well.
- 2400 Block of Metcliff audible alarm
- Suicidal Subject at Sansum Clinic
- Unconscious subject at the Methodone Clinic
- FST’s in progress somewhere in town
- Traffic Accident 2200 Block of Purisma Road in Lompoc
- Smoker behind the building 1295 Coast Village Circle
- Skateboarders on the sidewalk heading Northbound State street and Carrillo
- Animal Control 3 at the County Animal Shelter just hearing that makes me sad poor Fur Babies
- Mile Marker 4 of San Miguelito Road Rollover Traffic Accident.
- Highway 101 Southbound at El Capitan Ranch Road Rollover due to a tire blowing out.
That is all for now… Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Willie, Mark, Ricky, Bengie, Lafayette, Ted, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBETHEHOBO,KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger