By Roger the Scanner Guy
Another day, another dollar, another shooting and nothing else has to be said. There will be another one soon seems like there always is. I wish there wouldn’t be but it seems to happen anyway. It’s hard to say if the shooter would have killed if they had no gun? Maybe they would have used their car, a knife, a lawn mower, a baseball bat whatever they had to kill someone with, or destroy their life. Hard to say. A gun is easier just point and shoot, if you’re far away it’s almost as if you didn’t do it like playing a video game. Everyone always seems surprised when it happens but then one can tell they expected the person that did it would go off sooner or later.
If you call the police and report your suspicions about someone about to go off there isn’t much that can be done until they do. Of course, if it involves a threat to the police something is usually done before the action. One of those things. Nowadays it seems like Death and Taxes, and shootings happen to everyone. Poor little kids don’t know what is going on but soon they will when shooting drills become as commonplace as Fire Drills, and Storm Disaster, and Earthquake Drills. One has to be prepared for the unexpected in our day and age and maybe they will always have to be from here on out even if the shootings were to end. It is all very sad I remember coming to the realization in my life that no one deserved my anger. It was the beginning of the end of my anger toward the world I had begun to realize that everyone in life had problems I was not the only one though it always felt that way.
Guns are tools just like everything else, though some guns should only be available to law enforcement, and military personnel. Maybe since the NRA and other gun rights groups are resistant to helping end these massacres, professionals ought to look at the source of the trouble, the people themselves, and change laws regarding mental health and the threats people make. Just yesterday I heard a subject threatening to blow up a building in Santa Barbara, most of those calls are Bull Shit but not all, these threats should be taken more seriously. Sure some people who threaten are going to do it anyway, but some just might change their mind and ask for help. The only thing I can relate is that I felt there was no hope, show someone there is hope for change in their life and that will help and it might stop something horrible from happening.
MONday Scanner Reports:
- Subject was crossing the freeway Fairview at the 101 Monday morning.
- Structure Fire response for a smoking dryer in the 4000 Block of Modoc.
- Vehicles blocking construction work in the 1200 Block of Cacique.
- Illegal burn on Leadbetter Beach it’s that time of year again getting cooler outside more warming fires.
- Several 314pc Suspects near Nordstroms going through the Walkway 17 West Canon Perdido.
- Transient refusing to leave 7-11 in the 3400 Block of State street.
- Fight over a non-injury traffic accident.
- Somewhere County heard this Domestic fight, Female was on the ground male standing over her she got up and punched his ass in the face! I like women like that…Last I heard it was an all out Rock em Sock em Fight.
- 101 North Milpas Fight 2 Males.
- Possible Hate Crime 132 Harbor Way Uber Driver punched twice and thrown to the ground by 4 Subjects who were riding in his vehicle all 4 were detained heard no more after that jackasses.
- Medical call for an Unconscious male at Core Power Yoga in the 1100 Block of State street.
- The Sand Sculpter near Stearns Wharf got his tip jar stolen by a female.
- Code 40 Subject in and out of traffic yelling in the 1800 Block of Cliff Drive threatening people.
- Code 2 Medics for a subject in a wheelchair with facial injuries Carrillo and State street.
- Assault at the Library victim in a wheelchair suspect HMA wearing a backpack took off on a bicycle East.
- 5150 Threatening to blow up a building in the 400 Block of East Cota.
- Camper in a wooded area in the 1000 Block of Coast Village Road.
- Felony hit and run vehicle vs bicyclist suspect Izuzu Jeep black or dark blue front end damage.
- Fight 300 Ellwood Beach Drive victim hit with a metal pipe.
- Room Mate history of Mental Illness going crazy 6800 Block of Seville in I.V.
- Drinker in the 200 Block of West Alamar.
- Assault occurred in an apartment at Beach City in the 800 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Suicidal Subject in the 3900 Block of Via Lucero.
- Subjects with flashlights in a closed business in the 200 Block of North Milpas.
- Stolen vehicle investigation 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Several subjects fighting Castillo and Montecito.
- Fall victim leg injury The Villa Santa Barbara 227 East Anapamu.
- Medical call unconscious subject 5200 Block of Foothill Road.
Scanner Reports Tuesday
- Possible H&S Activity in Stevens Park 258 Cannon Drive WMA 40’s associated with older model black Suburban camping past 2 days.
- Report of a Bicyclist down Mountain at Gibraltar, Fire and medics responded and were UTL Unable to locate.
- Child Abuse happened at home report taken McKinley school CWS Involved.
- Suspect from Assault of a subject in a wheelchair yesterday at the Library was on the 2nd floor SBPD responded.
- Subject using some type of whip to pick up and hurl rocks at cars on La Patera in Goleta sounds like some type of Sci Fi Adventure. I bet it’s my friend Jamie doing it he works in that area and reminds me of a Super Hero “Jamie is dat you?”.
- Someone attempting to steal cell phones at Carpinteria wireless in the 100 Block of Casitas Pass.
- Premises check at Silly Hall.
- Unconscious female in the stairwell at the Council of Alcoholism 133 East Haley, Medical call.
- Premises check 100 Block of West Anapamu.-Threats investigation SB High School 700 Block of East Anapamu.
- Female yelling in the 3000 Block of DLV.
- Medical call 1600 Block of San Andres unresponsive subject.
- Suspicious circumstances on a broken window on a structure behind JJ’s Liquor, I never heard whether or not it was a 459pc Burglary.
- Theft investigation 29 South Milpas contact Robert the security guard that guy is a genius course I think most Security Guards are.
- 100 Block of South Canada subject kicking windows.
- Subject slumped over the wheel of a truck Donavan at Broadway.
- Perfume Theft from Rite Aide 35 South Milpas Hispanic couple last seen Northbound on Milpas.
- Suspicious vehicle engine running 3900 Block of State silver Jeep parked at an angle in a parking lot.
- Subject threatening 500 Block of State in the area of Haley and State street.
- 415 After a 20002 Hit and Run subject on a motorcycle hit by a blue Honda Civic ran into the Civic with their motorcycle on Modoc could not make out the cross street.
- Medical call 5100 Block of Carpinteria Avenue.
Will that is all outta m, for now, my back is hurting I can hardly walk if anyone knows where I might be able to find a used Walker the kind with 4 wheels and hand brakes let me know looking to not spend much $ on it because I may have to rebuild it to work with my size. Anyway Have a great WEDnesday…Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Stan, Kent, Carl, ELMO, Diana, Jim,Patrick, Christy,Magruder,Don,Edwin,Cory, Rambo,Sherry,Marty,Cop John, David Cox, Poe, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger