By edhat staff
March is almost here and you know what that means…. March Edness time!
That’s right, Santa Barbara’s first-ever, ORIGINAL (O.G. if you will) photo hunt game is almost here. Many will try, but no one does it like edhat, and we’re gearing up for another month of scrambling, stressing, and asking strangers on the street, “Do you know where this photo was taken?!?”
For those that are new to edhat or recently acquired internet, March Edness is a fun and highly competitive photo challenge game that questions how well you know your local area. Or just how well you remember details of your surroundings.
Every weekday in March (Monday through Friday), beginning on Monday, March 6th, we’ll post a cropped photo at midnight. You then have until 8:00 pm that same day to guess the location in that photo. The first week we start off easy and then progressively increase the difficulty level through Week 4.
At the end of Week 4, the top three winners will be announced. Since this game is only for paid edhat subscribers, don’t forget to renew your membership to be eligible to play and win sweet prizes.
Plus… this year is edhat’s 20th anniversary so we’ve got something fun up our sleeve to celebrate.
Below are the rules for the game in their entirety but email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
MARCH EDNESS 2023 OFFICIAL RULES
1. All pictures taken, cropped, and displayed for March Edness are located and chosen by Ed and the dedicated staff of edhat.com, without any help or suggestion from any member of the community, subscriber, contestant, politician, third-party locator, voice of a higher-beings, or any other powers that be.
2. One picture will be shown every weekday for twenty days, beginning on Monday, March 6, and ending on Friday, March 31.
3. All pictures will be located in Santa Barbara County
4. Only paid Edhat Community Members can play March Edness.to renew your membership.
5. Pictures will be placed on Edhat.com each weekday at midnight.
6. Entries must be received by 8:00 PM on the same day that they are first shown. (For example, the first photo will go live at 12:00 a.m., Monday March 6th. You will have until 8:00 p.m. on Monday, March 6th to submit your answer)
7. The number of points awarded for the correct identification of a picture increases each week. And yes, each week the photos will become more difficult.
- Week 1 Photos: 1 point
- Week 2 Photos: 2 points
- Week 3 Photos: 3 points
- Week 4 Photos: 4 points
8. Contestants are asked to be specific. Please add as much information as you can to prove you know the location in the photo. For example: “State Street in Santa Barbara” will not be awarded points.
9. All decisions as to whether or not a contestant receives points, how many points he or she receives, and whether or not he or she was specific enough are made by Ed and the dedicated staff – and they are final.
10. Friends & Family Rule: Good friends, married couples, brothers, sisters, soul-mates, and all those who share information with each other are required to enter the March Edness Contest as one entity. Please don’t create numerous accounts, that’s not cool.