Where Can I find Aji Panca Chiles?

Reads 1944

Does anyone know if there is a local store where I can buy Aji Panca Chiles in the Santa Barbara area?

Flicka Sep 17, 2018 12:10 PM
Where Can I find Aji Panca Chiles?

The Mexican market I mentioned is on Carpinteria Ave., by the Alazar Theatre. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Kim's had them, good suggestion.

alorsenfants Sep 16, 2018 09:42 AM
Where Can I find Aji Panca Chiles?

It certainly attests to the worthiness of this site -- not to mention this town -- that you can get so many informed answers to a difficult question like this! I have seen jarred aji amarillo peppers at Santa Cruz, and buy the paste, but can't be any more helpful myself. Good luck!

Mr.J.J. Sep 16, 2018 09:19 AM
Where Can I find Aji Panca Chiles?

Santa Cruz market has frozen Peruvian aji peppers and also a Peruvian aji sauce in a jar. The latter is very versatile and I use it often.

yin yang Sep 16, 2018 12:59 AM
Where Can I find Aji Panca Chiles?

Considering how "popular" Blue Tavern and Ricardo Zarate was here in SB, I doubt it. I'd call shops in LA, or even try to contact Zarate. Google "aji panca chiles buy in los angeles" or "where can i buy aji amarillo near me." (Black Sheep came up; whether or not they use it, I'd recommend checking with Chef Ruben, as they're wonderful people; he has responded to my emails.) G'luck! Let us know; I'd love to see what you make.

22701015201 Sep 15, 2018 08:46 PM
Where Can I find Aji Panca Chiles?

They have a medium heat and are taste a bit berry like. Blueberries I think. Would love to know if anyone finds them in a store around here.

Flicka Sep 15, 2018 07:06 PM
Where Can I find Aji Panca Chiles?

Are they Mexican chilies? We have a good Mexican market here in Carpinteria. I don't know the name, although I have shopped there. Before making a trip down call the Carp Chamber of Commence for the store name and maybe phone #

a-1560927407 Sep 16, 2018 02:25 PM
Where Can I find Aji Panca Chiles?

I think you are talking about Kim's Market....their staff is very helpful and they can probably steer you in the right direction. Kim's is close to the Polo fields...basically across the freeway from Santa's Lane.