Vegetation Fire on Hwy 101 near Milpas

City firefighters are on scene extinguishing a vegetation fire on Hwy 101 at Milpas

edney Jan 29, 2022 11:36 AM
Vegetation Fire on Hwy 101 near Milpas

I'll bet the smoke from encampment fires has to be rough on the respiratory system. Plastics, feces, fuel, fabrics bicycle tires.
The people living between the RR tracks and the freeway have it bad enough with their steady dose of dust, fumes layered over meth, paint and solvent huffing, and cigarettes. I'm amazed at how resislient the human body is.

fitz Jan 29, 2022 07:21 AM
Vegetation Fire on Hwy 101 near Milpas

Yesterday noticed a small encampment right at the top of the Las Positas southbound off ramp. Panhandler sitting on the railing and walking down along the cars lined up to turn left. Dangerous. Lots of trash. On the other side, a woman was panhandling on the roadside, northbound offramp Another dangerous situation. She was painfully thin and could barely stand up. Caltrans should not allow panhandling at these locations. Please, someone in charge, please take these people to a shelter and take care of them. Randy? A good project for you.

a-1643531243 Jan 30, 2022 12:27 AM
Vegetation Fire on Hwy 101 near Milpas

I should've known PP or figured it out. I only know it from county fire online site. Does it cover more? Anything in SB City? If so, I'd love to know. Thanks for the reply.

tagdes Jan 29, 2022 09:17 AM
Vegetation Fire on Hwy 101 near Milpas

They use it all the time when other jurisdictions are in often needed coverage areas. Montecito and SB Fire here, County Fire with SB Fire ( Modoc and near Hendry's Beach ) and sometimes all 3 along the foothills. Some are automatic for medical and some mutual aid due to call importance, like second alarms.

bicyclist Jan 29, 2022 06:55 AM
Vegetation Fire on Hwy 101 near Milpas

Guess I should have not taken the shortcut for "Pulse Point" (I used PP).
my question should have been: normally it's listed with the word "Fire..." but it said "Auto Aid" why/what? (this is the first time I've ever seen that phrase used on that site).
I hope that answers @3:23AM / 3:24 AM questions...

a-1643455385 Jan 29, 2022 03:23 AM
Vegetation Fire on Hwy 101 near Milpas

Call me ignorant but what is PP? Besides Planned Parenthood?
PoPo? Police Patrol? Paw Patrol (trying to refer to the cartoon)? I really don't know and am curious. Okay, I looked it up, Public Police, I guess? I'll stick with police or LE.