Scanner Reports 8-20-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
A good friend of mine lost his best friend last week, a cat named PoPo. He posted his picture on Facebook holding the kitty, thanking him for all the joy the cat bought into his life, as well as the sadness of saying goodbye, both cat and man looked very sad. I have had a few cats in my life, they were better friends to me than people. When it comes time to say Good Bye to a fur friend it is heartbreaking, to say the least, as we as their human guardians are in many cases choosing to end their suffering by having them put to sleep.
The first time I experienced this was with Clancy, he was a ginger kitty. I could not hold him or give him the last hug, my girlfriend held him as he looked into my eyes we said goodbye forever as he floated away. In the car leaving we had heard Jerry Garcia had also passed away, I hoped somehow, or someway they were together. Clancy was the first kitty to come into my life and save it. Saving my life is an ongoing process with kitties. I lost one kitty to a cat foundation here in Santa Barbara who volunteered to take her in until I got my own place and settled, but when I did they refused to give her back. She existed in a cage with other kitties on their property, I should have broken the cage and took her but I didn't and she like all the other cats were hopefully rescued.
There was a cat that lived on the property here long before I moved in, he wandered off as some cats do, his name was Benny he was a Siamese. One day after I moved in he wandered back, he was said to be about 30 years old, about a month after he came back we found him dead out front. I buried him with all his favorite toys next to my house which had been his place before. Not long after that a female Calico showed up here on South Milpa, I took her in and Named her Angel Baby. Not long after her Pooh Bear wandered over here, Pooh Bear had belonged to a Homeless Gal who could not take care of him anymore, she asked me to take him in. He and Angel seemed to hit it off, they both had a home. Pooh Bear liked to wander into dangerous places like the 101 Freeway. One day he got rolled up under a car up there and thrown about 30 feet, one of his legs shattered. I got a loan and had the leg cut off, Boy did he hate my guts for having his leg cut off, It didn't matter though old Pooh Bear could still do many things cats with 4 legs could, he lived through so many more than 9 lives: falling outta trees, attacked by a raccoon, getting run over by a crazed punk on a scooter, being attacked by a dog. Each time I took him to the vet he needed more attention than any other cat I ever had, he did not seem to have a lot of fear. He was friendly when others were not. He paid his dues like many white cats he got cancer first on his nose, then his ears, got his ears clipped. Angel Baby was our Mommy cat she watched all of us like hawksL Me, Belinda, Pooh Bear, we had our own little family then someone took Angel and killed her. I threatened the S.O.B. I suspected and never saw him again though there were others involved. Our Hearts were broken, Why do people do that? For days after Pooh Bear would lie on the bed and cry for his Angel. We were left together like that for a couple years till Jo Bear came around and we took him in. He was like Angel Baby and Ballistic Belinda, mixed Belinda loved him and he was her baby for 2 and a half years until we lost Belinda October of 2014. 2 Weeks later a huge tumor popped out of Pooh Bears Face. Surgery did not get all of the tumor, he did not seem to be in pain so for a time I took care of my 16 year old baby Pooh Bear. I also had Jo Bear who I was calling by his mafia name Joey the Cannoli. Things started to get real bad for Pooh Bear and I realized his time was coming and I thought there was no way I would be strong enough to watch my little buddy pass away, but it wasn't about me it was about him. Sixteen years full of Love he gave to me. He was in so much pain at the end crying and I don't think he knew quite what was going on but he knew something and he knew it was his time and he was telling me and so I called the vet. She came over with an assistant on April 2nd 2015... 6 months after losing Belinda. I laid his velvet blankets on the bed and laid him on them, he looked so sad I could not help my tears as if they were falling from the sky. They put the medicine in him and slowly he closed his eyes, he had this sad frown so I got up and held his head smooched his lips and thanked him for being in my life and I told him I loved him, then he was gone they covered him up. Asked me if I wanted to be alone with him a few moments I said "Yes." So they left I sat there my heart in pieces.
I wanted to die so bad, my family was gone I did not know what to do, I wanted to die but I could not leave Joey. Belinda asked me to take care of him if something happened to her. I sat there talking to Pooh Bear then I pulled off the cover they put on his head and though he was gone from this life there was a big smile on his face. That smile made all the difference in the world to me. He knew he was loved, he was no longer in pain he was in a better place and he was happy. That made all the difference in the world to me my little baby boy was in a better world. Now I am bought back to that time watching my friend morn the loss of his good friend. I wrote this for him to tell him that his Kitty knew he was loved, he is no longer in pain and he is in a better World. Someday we will all be together somewhere else I hope.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- SBSO Call to pick up the registered owner of a vehicle stolen last week from the 5100 Block of Walnut Place. Maybe their car was found.
- Solo vehicle rollover at highway 166 and Bonita School Road minor injury cut to the hand.
- Stolen white Ford F-150 on Jacaranda Way 10851pc.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run of a fire hydrant at San Leandro at Sheffield Drive.
- Check the Welfare of a female being 242ed Assaulted in a white van at State street and Constance HFA victim, WMA suspect male driver not wearing a shirt. The police searched all over and surrounding areas parks etc and did not find them I hope the woman id ok.
- Smoke Alarm 2nd floor residence in the 100 Block of Skyline Circle engine 6 found no problem.
- 3 Shots reported heard in the area of the 400 Block of North Hope.
- Anonymous request for a premises check at a residence in the 600 Block of North Alisos.
- Woman heard screaming in the 700 Block of East Pedregosa residence reported as a mustard colored home with a white picket fence. Police responded and could not find a house at the address reported so they checked everywhere including the 700 Block of West Pedregosa. I don't think they ever found the residence but there was an address in the 800 Block East Pedregosa mentioned.
- 415 Fight at a residence in the 600 Block of San Pascual a fight over the Land Lord taking the reporting parties Fire Pit.
- Check the welfare of a subject down next to a wheel chair Haley at Milpas streets.
- SBPD needed to assist Harbor Patrol on a fight call at Marina 2.
- 415 Panhandlers at the IV Market 900 Block of Embarkdinero Del Mar disturbing.
- Medical call for a subject down under the Milpas underpass.
- Med Call at the Harbor in front of the Maritime museum for food poisoning.
- Subject in the bushes yelling near Silly Hall DLG Plaza.
- Dog bite on San Ysidro Road.
- Guy with an open container yelling at people walking Southbound on State street.
- Naked man in a wheel chair 19 East Haley check the welfare.
- Someone broke into a friends trailer somewhere in town to steal their friends marijuana but the victim was home OPPS! There was a scuffle the police were called the bad guy took off, the victim decided not to press charges so no crime was committed really of course the police officers time was wasted.
- Unconscious female in a grey Lexus SUV at Chapala and Quinto was passed out from drinking and arrested for 23152 Drunk or DUI Driving.
- Drunk yelling at Rite Aide 35 South Milpas.
- Vehicle not returned to Enterprise Rent a Car S.B. Airport 10851 Stolen.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Code 40 Female walking around 2500 Block of Borton Drive asking for help from 911.
- Hollister at the 217 Male subject in a white bathrobe hitchhiking toward Goleta.
- Suspicious subject driving in the area of the 1100 Block of Mark Ave in Carpinteria in a white van.
- Overdose 6600 Block of Abrego.
- Camper in a green Ford Explorer 331 West Montecito.
- Kids were jumping off the roof of the Sea Center into the water off Sterns Wharf.
- Fire department and Medics for an unconscious female at a residence in the 2500 Block of Modoc.
- Check the Welfare of a male in a wheelchair in traffic 800 Block of DLV.
- Open door USA Bank 936 State street SBPD on scene.
- ATM Alarm Union Bank ATM at the Harbor View Inn 28 West Cabrillo.
- 415 Neighbors with no bong 3900 Block of Berrywood.
- 415 Subject disturbing at Blenders in the Grass in the 700 Block of State street.
- 415 Domestic 1900 Block of Red Rose Way.
- Leaf Blower on Ortega gone on arrival.
- Hikers injured La Cumbre Peak.
- Harbor Patrol requesting assistance for a code 40, Drunk coming in on boat 2.
- A Drunk guy living in the city kept calling 911 because of a bad sunburn but a police officer said it's not that bad and if he keeps calling they were going to have to charge him with something.
- A possible 261 Rape suspect was spotted at Marshalls in the 900 Block of State street followed down to Cabrillo in the 200 Block West before he was stopped and detained, I'm not sure if he was arrested.
- 242 Assault male hitting a female at Dwight Murphy Park.
- Check the Welfare of a subject who locked himself in a bathroom in the 3400 Block of Orcutt Road.
- Blue 4-Runner Wis. all over the double yellows coming down the pass 23152, 23103, Drunk and Reckless.
- Code 40 Female on the beach West of Sterns wharf and a male with a camera taking pictures of her.
- Drunk parked in a Parking spot passed out at the Habit 216 South Milpas.
- Med call for a head injury at Motel 6 443 Corona Del Mar.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Gardener stalking a resident in the 3400 Block of Richland Drive.
- Vehicle fire highway 101 Southbound North of La Conchita.
- Female Under the influence of drugs locked in a bathroom 6800 Block of Hollister.
- 200 Block of Ladera suspicious subject checking door handles of apartments in that block.
- Premise check Dwight Murphy Park.
- Camper in the parking lot of the SunShine Cafe in the 3500 Block of State street.
- A female drained her lizard in a driveway in the 1000 Block of East Mason.
- 415 Possible Domestic 1400 Block of Almond.
- 415 Domestic 2100 Block of Sycamore Canyon Road.-
- Jaguar door open vs bicyclist injury Figourea East at State street. I hit and open door on a bicycle once and broke the door bent it all the way back but I weighed alot at the time.
- There was a structure fire call in the 300 Block of Ladera.
- 415 Subject disturbing in the 1100 Block of East Cabrillo x2 or Twice.
- 23103 Milpas Off at highway 101 then North on Milpas Four to Five Lexuses racing up the street.
- Fall victim in front of Bank of America 834 State street.
- Stolen bicycle from Arnoldis 600 Block of Olive a Royal Blue Schwinn taken.
- SBPD on a subject First West Cota.
- Premise check 500 Block of Anacapa city lot 11.
- Med Call 210 Stearns Wharf Panic Attack at Long Boards.
- 10851 Vehicle theft 100 Block of Victoria blue Subaru.
Well that is all outta me for now. A funny thing happened on the way to the Water Machine at Tri-County Produce, there was a guy walking back and forth over the railroad tracks at Milpas as if he was waiting for the train. I was thinking that he might be thinking about ending it all, I thought I might have to call the police so when I get to the tracks he starts talking to me and it's Gibberish. I have no idea what he is saying, I leaned in a bit suddenly he starts laughing and he blew this huge slimy grey booger out of his nose Holy Shit I jumped back! Almost Got me! Another reason I feel sorry for the police...Yucky Wucky.! He walked on I still have no idea what the HELL he said.....Have a Great MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin,PoPo,Lola, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl,Jonathan, C.J., Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Marty, Cop John. David Cox, Poe, Pat, Mavis, Ricky, Bengy, Eddie, Bambi, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Jerry, Isabelle, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger