Scanner Reports 7-22-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I have been here 39 years and in all that time while there have been some changes, for the most part, they were expected changes. 39 years ago there were working-class poor people who struggled to pay the rent as there is today, there were homeless people back then and beyond, also though not as many homeless folks as there are today. Wealthy folks living here they have always been here, gangs have always been here, not much change in the scenery we still live on the sea with the mountains behind us. Our politics have been pretty much the same for some time now, We are now a Sanctuary State where we welcome all those who wish to live here free of harassment from others that do not want them around. Coexistence is a wonderful thing in my opinion that I'm entitled to. There are a few people out there who don't agree with coexistence or being around others who are unlike themselves but we all get along despite our differences. I hope it never changes. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Non injury accident 1600 Block of San Andres
- Med Call for a Fall Victim 325 West Islay.
- Campers in the 300 Block of Edison
- SBPD on a subject 800 Block of Reddick
- Stolen auto investigation at the Police Station.
- Subject looking into vehicles in REI's parking lot 321 Anacapa street.
- Med call possible overdose 4200 Pozo Circle.
- 415 Mother, Son 100 Block of West Cabrillo.
- Med Call Reaction to Marijuana 800 Block of Redwood
- 6 Juveniles trespassing on the Ventura River Bridge with fishing gear.
- Code 40 Drunk being 415 in his own apartment at the Marc in the 3800 Block of State street.
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist Rose Avenue at Guiterrez.
- Someone got a ticket for smoking at Skaters Point.
- A thief ripped off Tri County produce for various items BMA in his 20's with a HFA, he was wearing a red jacket they were both last seen heading West.
- 484pc Petty theft of a backpack 200 Block of Stearns Wharf.
- Stolen Scooter investigation 100 Block of West Sola.
- Near drowning Cachuma Lake patient conscious, breathing Fire department, Medics at Launch Ramp.
- Med Call rear of the county jail.
- 415 Over a non injury traffic accident.
- Suicidal female at the rear of the library
- Campers setting up camps Laguna and Rose Avenue.
- Possible cash drawer found in the 100 Block of West Yanonali.
- Brown Road at Highway one rollover traffic accident 2 Patients trapped serious injuries.
- Subject threatening to kill a woman and her boyfriend 1300 Block of Salinas Place.
- Suicidal female with a knife 200 Block of West Haley.
- Code 40 Drunk male Paseo Nuevo.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Gunshots heard in the 4100 Block of Paseo Redondo, Northside of town nothing found
- 459 Burglary to an office in the 100 Block of West Victoria.
- Med Call for a fall victim at the Californian 2225 DLV.
- 4 males with sleeping bags in front of the Cabrillo bathhouse Wires Down Bath at Nogales
- Check the welfare of a female sitting on the ground 1000 Block of Coast Village Road.
- 415 Transient disturbing at Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Couch dumped 400 Block of Via Lucero.
- Suspicious Circumstances boyfiend might have taken off with vehicle last seen at Wilson and Yanonali a gold 2016 Honda Civic.
- Fire alarms no fire Balboa building 700 Block of State street.
- Drunk driver in a white Toyota truck ran over curb almost hit pedestrians 115 South La Cumbre Road.
- Med call near a swimming pool 5700 Block of Via Real possible near drowning.
- 415 1900 Block of Cliff Drive one subject saying he is being harassed by 6 subjects.
- 415 Transients yelling possible fight brewing 26 East Haley.
- 242 Assault/battery Cabrillo Ball field suspect got away victim transported to Cottage.
- Fall victim head injury near a swimming pool 100 Block of North Hope.
- 4 Year old child stuck in the play structure at Kids World.
- 415 Unknown type 400 Block of Dibley Avenue subject combative wrapped.
- Check on a dog locked in a vehicle at the Reagan Center 217 State street.
- Check the Welfare of a hot dog in a vehicle with the windows rolled up Haskells Beach.
- Premises check Washington School 290 Lighthouse.
- Juvenile with a leg laceration at the Life Guard Tower Hendrys Beach 2981 Cliff Drive.
- Miradero at East Alamar check the welfare of a subject who keeps falling down.
- 415 Domestic male broke females vehicle window 914 Carpinteria Street Rabo Bank Parking lot.
- Shots or Fireworks, Shots reported 1200 Block of Chino street, Fireworks reported 800 Block of West Michaeltorena.
- RR Tracks at Castillo premises check.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Area check on Calle Ocho for people screaming on the bridge, the bridge on Calle Ocho in Carpinteria.
- Highway 101 Southbound South of Refugio vehicle accident.
- A half mile West of Ladera on East Valley a tree blocking the road.
- Check the welfare of a female crawling on the ground in the 1000 Block of CVR.
- Hot dog in a vehicle 6700 Block of Padaro check the welfare Subaru, gold.
- 415 Male in the street disturbing 405 East Micheltorena.
- 12 Ashley ave. premises check.
- Subject overdue from 9pm Saturday night from the First Block of East DLG, Supposed to be back at 9pm and now it's 10am Sunday morning someone's foot is tapping somewhere.
- Suspicious circumstances in the 1200 Block of Liberty.
- Check the welfare of a friend who text messaged an SOS from the 1700 Block of San Pascual.
- 20002 White BMW SUV Suspect door handle missing hit and ran another vehicle at Calle Real and Los Positas.
- Med call unconscious male in a back yard in the 800 Block of East Montecito.
- Animal abuser in the 300 Block of West Cabrillo 242ing Beating a dog wearing a dark tank top and shorts might be driving a grey Nissan last seen Eastbound Similar plate to California 6HRO69?
- 415 Domestic 500 Block of East Los Olivos Female said the male hit her in the face, but he got dragged by the Prius, he had minor injuries not sure about her.
- Disoriented famale fall victim at Starbucks in the 800 Block of State street.
- Traffic stop white Altimita 700 Block of DLV.
- Premises check Franklin School.
- Taking a Dump on a SUNday Afternoon on the Sidewalk 3000 Block of Los Positas near State street WMA 70's.
- Premises check Cleveland School
I do think it would be good if the city was to distribute Human Pooper Bags maybe with a couple squares of T.P. on it it's only fair. Dogs have to bag their poop, why not Humans? The city ought to foot the bill it shouldn't cost too much more than 200,000.00 a year poor Dogs are always stepping in that Human crap it gets between their paws you know how the poor fur babies clean themselves I'd be very unhappy if that happened to me I stepped in some the other day in the Milpas UNDERPANTS and slid acouple feet it was pretty disgusting I can relate to the plight of our Fur babies who likely step in it every day. Dogs dp so much for us it's the least we can do. Maybe put alittle scooper in their too we don't want people picking it up with their fingers...Will have a wonderful MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Tomicina, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mark, Willie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Ricky, Bengie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Mrs. MacArthur, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger
Jul 22, 2019 05:19 PM
Sure would be boring if we were all the same What would we complain about? Yes with development as the town grows into a city so does crime were right on schedule..
Jul 22, 2019 04:48 PM
I agree with you, Roger, that not all that much has changed and, as you said, we still have the mountains and ocean. More development but what can you expect, no place stays stagnant.