Scanner Reports 7-1-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
You can have all the best intentions and still get your ass kicked, this happened this last weekend to a Facebook friend of mine who lives in Ventura. He camps in his vehicle, usually alone but last weekend he decided to go camping with others in a river bed and do a good deed at the same time by sharing his canned food and food he got others to donate. He had enough for 20 hungry people but some of them wanted MORE, and they took it after beating him up. He got clocked over the head with his own wrench and has stitches on his forehead, it will most likely scar reminding him every time he looks in the mirror what a couple thugs he tried to help did to him.
I used to think it was my place in life to take others in off the street even if they took advantage of me, it was my way of giving back since I came from a rough place. God landed me here in Paradise that was what I was supposed to do. Even when I was drinking I took people in. That was the worst time because I'm violent when I drink, things got mixed up a couple times around here. Most of the time I got ripped off for my medication which I hardly ever took, or money. I had knives pulled on me 3 times the first time a guy robbed me, I was so angry I gave him the money it was 10 Bucks, it was all I had. I was sure at the time I could take him but I wasn't sure once I got control if I would stop beating him I was afraid of my own anger. The first time I gave the asshole my money the second time this guy tried to rob me again I stood up to him and his knife and he ran away. The other time I had a knife pulled on me was over an Ex-Girlfriend from HELL. This guy showed up here pulled a knife out of my sink and said I had taken his girlfriend from him, I did, but she did not tell me she had a boyfriend. Poor guy made the mistake of pulling the knife on me when I was drunk. I haven't seen him since sometimes I wonder what happened to him.
I don't take people in anymore, it's not my place. I'm sure God wants me to take care of myself and not try to do his or her job. If you're a nice person with good intentions do not take people you don't know especially when you have money because some people will kill you for it. Keep in mind today is the first of the month PAYDAY. A lot of people get robbed on PAYDAY. Mostly homeless handicapped folks that cannot fight back Easy Pickins. Anyone can get robbed even those that live in houses, always be aware of your surroundings. If you're Homeless carry a little cash and stash the rest in a good place or leave it in the bank..HAIRS YOUR SCANNER RONI REPORTS...
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Med call 300 Block of APS.
- Suspicious male riding a woman's bicycle State and Micheltorena.
- Burglary to a vehicle 1500 Block of San Pascual.
- Ill subject at the Chevron Station 1900 Block of North Rose Avenue, Ventura.
- Elevator Rescue 125 East DLG
- Vehicle theft investigation 400 Block of East Cota.
- Male unconscious in a vehicle at Pardall and Camino Pescadero.
- 415 Domestic 200 Block of Los Aquaries.
- SBPD Was looking for someone and found them in the 200 Block of East Sola.
- Detail First Block of North Milpas street.
- Vehicle Accident at the Habit county they did not say which one.
- Check the Welfare of a male in the bathroom at Kids World
- Subject refusing to leave the Arco gas station 340 West Carrillo.
- Medical call 700 Block of East Micheltorena.
- Camper in the 400 Block of Loma Alta has open mail from the neighborhood.
- Smoldering sofa 6500 Block of Picasso.
- Fire alarms, no fire SBCC 721 Cliff Drive.
- Code 2 Medical call Calle Real and South La Cumbre
- Injury traffic accident Canon Perdido at Santa Barbara streets.
- 1144pc Rest in Peace dead end of Calente in New Cuyama
- Animal Control call 1000 Block of Cliff Drive.
- 242pc Assault, and 594pc To an MTD Bus and Driver and also to a Taxi 100 and 200 Blocks of North Milpas heard earlier that a 242pc, and 594pc suspect was released from jail this Morning I don't know if it's the same guy but they said the crimes were committed yesterday.
- Mountain Biker down traumatic injury Jesusita Trail.
- 415 Domestic on Overpass heading toward Patterson female running from a male sounded like the same couple from the 300 Block of East Cabrillo on SUNday the boy was still wearing tan panties and a red sweatshirt.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Vandalism to 2 vehicles in the 600 Block of Coronel on the West Side possibly by a 5150pc Neighbor who was last seen walking around the hood with a golf club HMA 30 White striped pants and a blue shirt, all he needs is a white striped top, and he was also wearing a backwards baseball cap.
- 2500 Block of Treasure Drive Med call
- "Transient being bad" Throwing trash and clothing in the work area of the Habit 628 State street.
- Mesa Lane FIREWORKS at 9:30am That is when the call went out anyway.
- 415 Domestic at GVCH.
- Palmer at highway 101 vegetation fire.
- Trash can fire 5000 Block of Pacific Coast Highway.
- Trespasser at the Hilton 633 East Cabrillo.
- Check the Welfare of a subject who fell out of a car 5700 Block of Calle Real.
- Black Lab Doggie running around the 200 Block of South Canada with a cone on his head, poor guy.
- Check the Welfare of a male down on the sidewalk Montecito street alongside Trader Joes.
- Footsie Patrol 1000 to the 1300 Blocks of State street.
- 5150pc Hold runaway from Cottage Hospital I think he was found in Oak Park,
- Traffic Accident with injuries 400 Block of Toro Canyon one critical one minor injury vehicle off road.
- Female down behind the Laundrymat in the 300 Block of North Milpas I guess someone thought she eas dead there were a lot of responders and after they left someone friends of the woman went after the reporting party and a security guard that sucks because someone actually cared.
- 415pc Transient being bad yelling at employees of Cantwells and hitting cars 1533 State street no damage to the vehicles.
- Sexual Assault North County Santa Barbara.
- Possible overdose 100 Block of West Ortega.
- Stolen vehicle found 100 Block of South Canada.
- SBPD on a detail at the Santa Barbara Silly Hall on a Silly Council Meeting.
I was wondering if any of you Folks that shave know what is the best, most comfortable throwaway razor out there on the market today. I recently had to shave some of my face so I could fit a mask on it and I really can not find a decent comfortable shave all these things nowadays have 3 and 5 blades and don't seem to do that much it's kinda weird. Let me know if you know then we will both know Thanks...Have a Great WEDnesday HUMP DAY and Be careful out there..Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE AND TWO, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Mark, Willie, Mrs. MacArthur, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Bengie, Ricky, David Cox, Po, Firefighter Robert, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Kona, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Little Mac, Lucky, John Prine, Tom Petty, Rich Mullins, Charley Bukowski, John Havlick, Bill, John Marianne, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger