Scanner Reports 6-1-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
So I guess one of these days I'm going to have to find another place for me, Joey, and Fish Head 2, to call Home. It's not one of those things I look forward to, I have lived in the same place for over 20 years now and have been a good tenant though I am on section 8, though I wasn't when I first moved here. When you rent to me you get more than a tenant you get a security guard, I'm able to watch the place, I live like a Hawk. I check on weird noises in the middle of the night when I think there is a reason for it I call the police. In the time I have lived here I caught a window peeper who I ran off, a suspicious person who was most likely a burglar with the help of the SBPD, several people with knives and I tossed a guy who hit me in a cactus, (I cannot do that anymore). I discovered 2 small fires on the property which I put out which could have been disastrous. I have asked campers to leave though I did not want to, I have been homeless myself and I don't like asking people to leave. I discovered 2 vegetation fires, called the fire department and got them put out. I protect neighbors residences, when I hear things I check it out. Twice since I have been here in 20 years there have been thefts. One of recycling which was outside unsecured, and once of a bicycle also not secured.
What I will be looking for is a place I can have my kitty maybe with a little outdoor space where he can hang out but if I have to keep him in I will. I love living in the hoods: East Side, West Side, Old Town Goleta. I don't want to live in a gated community with a swimming pool or sauna, I don't want to live in a new place, none of that bright and shiny crap for me. I like older places, I can only live on a ground floor because I cannot do steps anymore. I have Anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, I have problems with my back, neck, hips, arms, knees, from injuries, I had meningitis as a kid and am not all there upstairs. I'm a hermit crab, I'm not racist or a tough guy with a big mouth, or abusive, I don't have many friends and I constantly work on the Scanner Reports. I'm pretty quiet unless I stub my toe or fall down which doesn't happen as much as it used to because I watch my step more. I don't turn my music up very high I'm a pretty quiet guy, I mind my own business with neighbors unless I hear something that does not sound right if a neighbor is abusive toward a loved one I will call the police on them.
Anyway this is basically me Roger Dodger I'm a good tenant, a good neighbor, with great references, I am poor and disabled, kinda ugly with long hair and a beard but I'm willing to get a make over if it's FREE though it would not be ME. I know that there are a lot of places I can live in the area it's just a matter of finding a decent landlord. I really hate leaving here, I love my neighbors and Landlords they are like family, (whether they like it or not). Again I need a place with a ground floor, I love the Hoods, a place near a store is preferred but I can take a cab if need be. Oh yea I don't drink alcohol haven't in 15 years, haven't smoked cigarettes in 14 years. I may not be the perfect tenant but I am good. Just in case anyone wants to know who I am what I'm about etc.
On to other things in the past week or so I have heard several 261 Rape calls, Sexual Assault calls during the day time hours. Just to let people know be aware take care of yourselves out there Sex crimes can happen to anyone happened to me as a kid teenager...There are always thefts burglaries, vehicle thefts...The other night I was on Facebook I was checking out a page I belonged too in Indiana Thrift Store shopping and this woman posted a picture of a ceiling heater and said her cat had got in there, she was freaking out a bit and wondered what she could do to get her cat out of there. Some of the comments were horrible they were telling her, her kitty was probably dead. There were jerks were putting up pictures of cats being hurt and saying horrible things to her she deleted her membership but I got her name and wrote her a personal note. Yea I told her to call 911 and request a Personal Assist from a responder a police officer went to her house climbed up and rescued her kitty cat. I love responders like that what a nice guy to show up and help her they are really busy there too I never expected a police officer to show up. I did not get his name and did not call to find out his name because some police officers will not identify themselves when they do good deeds, (There are quite a few Santa Barbara Cops like this.) he was from the Merrillville, Indiana Police I'd like to thank them for taking time out to save a mommy cat from certain death, I have a new friend now we both quit that group.
Here are your scanner reports, Wednesday:
- Check the welfare of a female crawling on the street First Block of East Haley North Side.
- Black couple male, female with a slim jim trying to get into vehicles near Castillo and Montecito last seen heading North on the 101 in a black Chevy.
- Cable wires down in the street 2400 Block of State street.
- Suicidal subject Northside of town in a residence.
- Unresponsive male slumped over in a grey Mazda 1200 Block of San Pasqual.
- 459 Burglary 1600 Block of Chino residence.
- Yeller in front of Marshalls 900 Block of State street
- Possible overdose in a vehicle front gate of Vandenberg.
- Prostitution, Labor line female had warrant for same in Orange County.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 100 Block of North Alisos.
- Medical Call Carls Junior 7 South Milpas.
- Harris Grade Summit vehicle over the side 20 Feet.
- Burglary Attempt by Darwin Award Winner left his ID Card behind 4100 Block of Via Real.
- Homeless subject disturbing in the bushes First West Figourea.
- 49 South Milpas 4 Homeless subjects with Shopping carts blocking the sidewalk.
- Dine and Dash, Hamburger joint in Paseo Nuevo 601.
- Possible assault from a 415 Fight Fire Department and Medics responded 1200 Block of San Andres.
- Suicidal subject having a Panic Attack North Side of Town.
- 415 UI in the street possibly a wanted subject 1400 Block of State street.
- 459 Burglary to a van Santa Claus at Padero.
- More Darwiners came to someones door in the 600 Block of West Guiterrez threatening to kill residents, and the reporting party the idiots did the same thing the day before this time police were called Police caught the subjects had them at GUN Point they did not pull out their knives then. I heard they were detained but just guessing they took a ride in the black and white taxi somewheres.
- 415 Subject challenging otters to fight 1400 Block of San Andres.
- 415 Domestic 200 Block of East Haley.
- Rape investigation West Side.
- Subject disturbing in the Marina 4 restrooms.
- Beat one, did not give 100 Block 20001 Felony hit and run victim at Cottage hospital investigation.
- 242, Assault 500 Block of State street WMA 30's last seen Northbound on State street.
- 273.5 Domestic Violence7 months pregnant female injured suffered torso injury Medic's responded 200 Block of East Anapamu.
- 415 Fight 715 State street 2 males.
- 415 Domestic in the Riverbed in Lompoc female choked out saved by another male subject near by.
- 415 Domestic with violence 2000 Block of Modoc.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Premise check Ortega Park.
- Sexual Battery Ortega Park.
- 23152 Drunk driver seen pouring beer into jugs from 7-11 East Bound on Cliff Drive older white male beard hat in a blue Ford Ranger.
- Vandalism and 459 Burglary to a vehicle 600 Block of Del Monte.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 500 West Pueblo suspect HMA in a small white compact car last seen headed toward Treasure Drive.
- Suicidal subject 300 Block of West Carrillo.
- Traffic stop 300 Block of West Carrillo, Mary 3 on a driver with Washington plates.
- Rattle Snake in the back Yard Public Assist 3200 Block of Foothill.
- Traffic Hazard Mattress in the slow lane highway 101 at Castillo.
- 415 Family Domestic 200 Block of Ladera.
- Medical call Garden Court dining room fall victim.
- Suspicious vehicle 500 Block of Calle Granada Neighbors were surrounding the vehicle that was all I heard sounded kinda scary like Zombies in the Twlight Zone or something.
- Medical call in a vehicle 5100 Block of West Main.
- 261 Rape investigation within the City Limits of Santa Barbara.
- Assault 2200 Block of Roshelle.
- Highway 166 in Cayama vegetation fire listed CHP website.
- Drinker of Alcohol Vera Cruz Park.
- Area check for a possible suicidal subject at Cold Springs Bridge.
- Medical Call Dislocated Shoulder Skaters Point.
So heard a Sexual Assault at Ortega Park this morning and another case of Rape in the city I believe I have heard 4 Rapes and one sexual assault this week and that is only during the times I listen to the scanner. Ken Williams who used to work for the County of Santa Barbara as a Social Worker used to buy Emergency Whistles out of his own pocket and pass them out to women who were homeless. I would like to find some cheap and do that myself but really cannot afford to do it very much it seems they run about 5 Bucks each. If anyone knows of a place to buy some cheaper than that let me know...Anyway have a great weekend..Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tiger, Clancy, Thomicina, Tom Cat, Midnight, Merlin, Fish Head One,Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Bengy, Ricky, Marty, Cop John, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday.