By Roger the Scanner Guy
I saw a homeless guy picking up every piece of trash he saw on South Milpas street Thursday morning. He was saving taxpayers money by doing so. Sooner or later someone paid by the city would be doing that. This is one of those guys who also collects recycling and lives off what he gets, sleeping under the stars somewhere around town. I have seen this guy around for almost 40 years and have never seen him panhandling, getting drunk, yelling, or even getting arrested. Not all homeless people are troublemakers. Some are just like everyone else. Robert the security guard over at the Milpas Shopping Center will soon be hosting Sprouts grocery store. I hope to say the homeless guy never causes any problems for him either. He just passes through, collecting recycling and then moving on.
It’s good to see someone doing something good. There used to be a woman who did that. She’d walk all the way up Milpas street and then back to State Street picking up every piece of trash she saw. I haven’t seen her in a while. I’m not sure if she is still around or moved on. Her man friend got hit by a vehicle on State Street and passed away months later from the injuries. She might have moved on. I hope not. She was a pleasant person and we need more of those around here. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 415 Transient State street at Anapamu yelled at reporting party then kicked him.
- Med Call at Ralphs 100 West Carrillo
- Subject standing behind a pillar checking out opening procedures at Union Bank in the 3400 Block of State street
- Subject seen walking out of Neighbors house in the 700 Block of Bath street unknown if the neighbors were at home WMA 22 years old 6 foot tall wearing a blue and white shirt.
- PD on a subject 1213 State street
- Traffic stop white jeep Highway 101 Northbound North of Garden street
- Premises check 300 Block of Bath street
- PD contacting a subject Castillo at the RR Tracks
- Traffic Stop grey Camry State street at Las Positas.
- Check the Welfare of a subject waving his arms in the air East Bound on State street from Ontare.
- Med call Santa Barbara School District 700 Block of Santa Barbara street ill subject in the office.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down on the sidewalk 336 North Milpas street in front of CVS.
- Code 40 Drunk down 3700 Block of San Remo
- Vehicle v Pedestrian Orcutt at Silar Lane.
- Smoke odor inside a structure 100 Block of East Ortega.
- West Side Community center 594pc juveniles had carved graffiti into the bathroom walls.
- 459 Commercial burglary 300 Block of North Nopal.
- Encampment being set up Bath street off ramp subjects with several K-9’s
- 484 Petty theft .99 Cent store BMA suspect threatening security, Who steals from the .99 Cent store?
- Suspicious subject involved in Lewd Activity on East Beach, Directly across from 633 East Cabrillo SBPD found him all I heard
- Grey Honda civic parked in the red 400 Block of North Nopal.
- 415pc Over the theft of a bicycle 200 Block of South Salinas.
- Neighbors 415pc over parking in the 500 Block of DLV.
- Med call First East Cabrillo fall victim.
- Suspicious multi-colored van parked at 932 DLV
- 459 Audible alarm Rabo Bank 914 Carpinteria street no crime
- Illegal camper with a sleeping bag in the entrance of a doorway at 1220 State street.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Med Call 21 East Anapamu.
- Plane Crash Figueroa Mountain Area was listening to the search for a couple hours those Search and Rescue Folks sure are dedicated.
- Unknown male inside of reporting parties home on the couch with a blanket and an open container male 30’s-40’s red hair, black eye, beard he went to jail now he has another place to sleep.
- Check the welfare of a subject in the lobby of the Orange Tree Inn 1920 State street
- 415pc between drivers in a black truck and a white truck over a non injury accident. Lower parking lot of Washington School
- Illegal burn Ellwood Station Road at Hollister
- Check the Welfare of a driver slumped over the wheel of a vehicle in the 1600 Block of DLV
- Check the welfare of a disoriented male near Amtrak 209 State street who shat in his pants
- 415pc Fight 4000 Block of Via Lucero broke up before police got there one person had left but he came back the other had a weapon in his hand. The police showed up hopefully mellowed after that.
- Illegal camper on a 2nd floor balcony 100 Block of East Victoria left before police responded
- Premises check at the Clark Estate 1400 Block of East Cabrillo
- 20001 Felony Hit and Run Mini Cooper into a scooter then the Mini Cooper kept going last seen East Bound on Mission street.
- 415pc Fight 2 Males at Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo
- 415pc Fight involving 2 Junior High kids one with a hammer SB Junior High on East Cota, then around Ortega Park not sure if police caught up with the little want to be gangster with the hammer.
- 415 Domestic in a vacant house on Red Dick street I think the 800 Block there were 2 males and a female in the house Damn squatters they just can’t crash and split they got to start trouble too.
- Man down in a house in the 100 Block of East Arrellaga
- 417pc Brandishing a knife Calle Caesar Chavez and Cabrillo reporting party called from 1111 East Cabrillo suspect was on a bicycle sounds like a tourist being terrorized by a transient two of Santa Barbaras main sources of income.
So I was walking to the bank and was going through the roundabout when a small silver SUV was coming toward me, it did not look like it was going to stop so I was prepared to wait. I noticed the front plate was covered up with a piece of card board as the vehicle slowed the card board fell off revealing the plate which was personal. For a second there I thought this person was on a crime spree till the card board fell off. Anyway Have a Wonderful Weekend…Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Lola, PoPo, Maxwell, Fish Heads One and Two, Tiny, Andy, Poncho, Denny Deen, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengi, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie,Mrs. MacArthur, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger