Scanner Reports 3-23-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
It was a Sunday morning in 2014 when I found out Belinda had passed away during the night. The coroner said later it was a couple of hours before she was found, maybe around 3 or 4 am. My Mother passed away Sunday morning at 3:48 am. The past couple of weeks memories have been flooding into my mind right out of the blue even before she became ill. Good memories from my childhood before my father passed away. How we used to sit on the porch on warm summer evenings and look at the stars, how we would catch lightning bugs in a jar and then let them go. When the family got together for celebrations everyone came over: Grand Parents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Family Friends we all sit around the dining room table and eat, afterward retire to the living room. The older folks would drink and get toasted us younger folds would watch Mutual of Omaha or a Disney movie, run around all over, whatever house we were at and terrorize the older folks. Oh how I miss those days...Christmas, Birthdays, Easter, Holidays when family was real.
I remember when my father remodeled the kitchen back in 1970, everything was Avocado green the cabinets, appliances, even green carpet on the floor...4th of July sparklers, Picnics Eagle River every Summer, We would wake up at 4am fill up the car full of blankets and pillows my Sisters and I asleep in the back seat, Mom in the passenger seat my Dad would drive the 500 or so Miles from Hammond my Uncle and Aunt in their car with Kids, My Grand Parents and Friends in their cars we'd all meet for breakfast in Fond Du Lac Wisconsin eat a huge Breakfast Bacon, Eggs, Pancakes piled high with real Maple Syrup... Our Cabins name was Sleepy Hollow I slept on the enclosed porch and every Morning woke up looking at Big Bass Lake. It was called Big Bass Lake because there was Big Bass in it. There was alot of other fish in there too Muskie's, Northern Pike, Blue Gil's, Sun Fish, Perch...Everything changed after my Dad died he had his faults I was afraid of him and everything else so was my Mom and one other Sister. My Mom was free of his Anger and everything changed I have alot of old Anger and Resentment there though I always loved my parents and my family all of them. Whenever I talked to my Mother on the phone Sunday Mornings she always asked me to pray for her I always had a hard time doing that sometimes I'd just say something quick. Last Sunday I prayed for her real hard because last Sunday she was in horrible pain and she was going to the Hospital...All these years she asked me to pray for her she had been praying for me all along. Maybe that is why I recently discovered that I'm a Ragafuffin. In the age of CornaVirus the Funeral Homes are closed so we cannot have a funeral I did not think I would have gone home anyway but...In the are of Corona Virus We cannot touch, we cannot hold each other, We cannot even say Good Bye....Mommy I love You so Much and I'm going to miss our Sunday Morning Talks...God Bless you Mom.
Scanner Reports Friday:
- 417pc Brandishing a knife older male in his 60's pulled a knife on someone on the beach at Hendry's then continued walking toward Mesa Lane
- Subject going through trash and scattering it all over the ground on Greenwell Lane
- Hazardous investigation 400 Block of East Yanonali
- Emergency medical response 4300 Block of Calle Real
- Smoke investigation Ekwill at South Patterson
- Med call 300 Block of West Carrillo.
- Medical call 3400 Block of Richland Drive.
- Injury accident truck vs skateboarder Calle Real at Treasure Drive.
- Illegal camper 100 Block of East Constance
- A suspicious subject in a vehicle 1200 Block of Channel Drive BMA in a grey Scion I did not hear what was suspicious about the guy
- Check the Welfare of a subject in the 1400 Block of Pacific Ave
- Possible explosion heard on Ashwood first block in Ventura County cross of Telegraph PD was enroute.
- 415pc East Side Library 1100 Block of East Montecito subject in a late model blue wagon been there several days.
- Subject harassing passerbys and customers at Vons 2010 Cliff Drive front of the store.
- Med call 1200 Block of Mountain View Drive.
- Non injury accident 1200 Block of CVR one driver refusing to exchange information.
- 415pc Over a bicycle inside of a white van 200 Block of West Carrillo
- 1145pc Suicidal subject Southbound highway 101 from Los Almos under the influence of pills found behind the East Beach Bath House in Santa Barbara transported to Cottage Hospital for a possible Overdose.
- 422pc Criminal Threats 7th at Ash in Carpinteria.
- 100 Block of Oceano Medical call.
- 200 Block of Ash medical call.
- 2 Subjects yelling at Passerbys in the 1200 Block of DLV
- Hazardous investigation 1500 Block of West Valerio.
- Possible abuse of a handicapped subject by their caretaker in the 1200 Block of Castillo.
- Possible Abduction of a female Bettervia at Rey Road heading for Guadalupe Police had all the information and knew where the guy lived.
- 242pc 1000 Block of Cliff Drive.
Scanner Reports Saturday:
- Pedestrian possibly on or near a couch vs Train the subject died Rest in Peace 100 Block of West Montecito.
- Medical Aide Lobby of the SBPD 215 East Figueroa.
- Medical Aide 1500 Block of Laguna street.
- PD on a group with open containers at Plaza Del Mar.
- 10851pc Near or at the Rainbow structure so I heard
- Male with Back Pack yelling at passerbys 17 East Canon Perdido.
- Attempt to locate a subject in the 3600 Block of Foothill Road.
- 415pc Neighbors in 1400 Block of San Miguel.
- Medical Aide 4600 Block of El Carro.
- Fire Alarms in the 1100 Block of State street.
- Overdose on Tylenol in the 100 Block of West Anapamu.
- 100 Block of West Carrillo Ralphs a code 40, Drunk Disturbing.
- Milpas at Cacique Vehicle vs a bicyclist.
- PATH 816 Cacique Medical Call.
- Assault in the 4700 Block of Telegraph Road in Ventura.
- Illegal Burn 4200 Block of Calle Real.
- PD was on 2 Subjects at Los Patos and Cabrillo.
- Fall victim 800 Block of Shoreline Drive Ledbetter Beach.
- 415pc Subject 100 Block of West Montecito.
- 242pc Assault at Ledbetter Beach 800 Block of Shoreline Drive.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- 415pc Subject at ARCO 1900 Block of State street
- 242pc One male hitting another at Modern Laundry 1000 Block of DLV BMA hitting WMA.
- Fire alarms no fire 700 Block of DLV.
- Keep the Peace 30 Los Patos Way.
- Warming Fire at Homeless camp along Santa Monica creek smoldering and out.
- Mountain Avenue at Hill Crest Keep the Peace.
- Highway 101 Northbound at California street jumper on the overpass at Highway 33.
- Medical call Highway 217 at Hollister Ave Southbound Off Ramp.
- 1145pc Suicidal Subject threatening to take pills 1109 State street.
- Medical Call 1000 Block of West Micheltorena.
- BOLO 5 Motorcycles Eastbound on Cabrillo from Shoreline very loud they need to turn down their volume.
- Drunk in the parking lot at 202 Anacapa street.
- Unresponsive subject in a van 200 Block of North Nopal street.
- Overdose 800 Block of San Pedro in Ventura County.
- 415pc 600 Block of West Gutierrez.
- 2 Males both White going door to door in the 1200 Block of DLV heading North.
- Illegal burn 400 Block of Bath street I think the Fire Department was unable to locate a fire.
This has been one rough Weekend In this Age of the Corona Virus We are all Prisoners in the Waiting Room.
That is all outta me for now I hope you have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Zeke, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan. CJ. Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Jim. Diana, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Bambi, Eddie, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick,, Little Mac, Tom Petty, Marianne, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger Please say alittle prayer for my Mom...