Scanner Reports 3-18-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Hope Your Weekend was good mine was OK, Acceptable. Whenever I hear a call for a burglary to a vehicle and no more in that area, I wonder how many other vehicles got hit? There are usually more vehicles hit, it's usually a small hit breaking into a car though it carries almost as much weight as a residential or commercial burglary. There is usually less in a car than a structure unless of course, the crook knows the people whose vehicle they hit and they have knowledge that they keep expensive items in their vehicle. Then a one-vehicle hit OK, Personally I think more than one vehicle gets hit in areas and the victim does not report it or maybe they don't even notice it, some crooks are so good at their craft that some people might not notice a break in, or maybe the take was so small they don't care or think the police would take the crime seriously. The police would take it seriously even if it was a small hit it might lead to a Bigger Fish, someone they have been looking for a while you never know. The perp might have left something behind CSI, (Crime Scene Investigation) comes along and finds something, next thing you know someone's busted and you might get back what was taken. It's worth a shot anyway.
Report of an Auto Burglary Sunday Morning in the 3700 Block of Monterey Pines. I would not doubt it if there are more vehicles hit in that area. People leave all kinds of things in their vehicles and sometimes even guns. I have heard several vehicle burglaries over the years where guns were taken. I would not even leave my bb gun in a vehicle if I had one that is. They leave Jewelry, money, wallets, purses,antiques. When I was a kid I broke into vehicles, mostly cars we did not have SUV's, the earliest SUV's I think were the Chevy Blazers or Ford Bronco's I don't recall them being called SUV's. Anyway I hit a Blazer once the owner was right across the street drinking beer with his buddies on his front porch when I did it. Not something I would have ever done sober but being drunk the temptation was just too much. That was the way it was for me never did it sober and I usually hit more than one vehicle when I did do it. I guess vehicle alarms might deter some from busting into vehicles we did not have many auto alarms in my day though if you got caught you were more likely to get shot being it was back home a lot more crazier folks back there not to mention the gun laws being different it's OK to carry back there. Anyway, I never got shot cause I never got caught as long as I was drunk. I'm glad I don't do that crap any more, I don't drink and I'm no crook. I like not having to look over my shoulder, or wonder if I have a warrant every time I see a cop, I like Freedom. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 415 Domestic 2300 Block of Swinney Road 415 Verbal male took the females dog and is refusing to give it back, control freak loser.
- Premises check Alameda Park.
- Juvenile in a group home 242ed Assaulted a staff member 200 Block of Maggie Lane.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park Extention.
- 2100 Block of Stanwood smoldering pile of wood put out by engine 7.
- Med call 900 Block of Bath street.
- Vehicle vs Pedestrian David Love Place at Hollister.
- 415 Transient near City Bank Disturbing alot of Coast Village Road calls lately for disturbing, Code 40's, and panhandlers
- Med Call 3900 Block of Via Lucero.
- Highway 101 South Bound Los Canoes Off Ramp vehicle fire.
- 594 Broken Door on Oceano.
- Assault on a blind man Bath at Cabrillo suspect stopped on a bicycle Garden at Cabrillo but victim left the scene.
- A couple of Santa Barbaras Finest were on a special detail in Down Town Santa Barbara till midnight.
- On a group 800 Block of Cacique.
- Report that a female was taking off her clothing near Fire Station 5 on Modoc.
- Keep the peace call 800 Block of East DLG.
- 10851 Investigation in the 800 Block of North Salsipuedes.
- Forgers at Bank of America in the 800 Block of State street there were 2 One got away for now I think they got the other one.
- 415 Domestic 600 Block of DLV.
- 602 Trespasser, Squatter broke into a vacant cottage on the property 5500 Block of Hollister. I left my door open one day to air my place out and when I came back someone went in and locked me out of my own place. I taught him a lesson he never forgot I know that because 10 years later he came back and forgave me said He was glad I did it. I woulda shot someone they threw me in a Cactus Patch he screamed real good too!
- Code 40 Drunk harassing staff at the Sand Paper Motel in the 3500 Block of State street.
- 415 Fight 2 males in the 4000 Block of Calle Real outside of Hi-Time Liquors What in the World could they be fighting over?
- Two Transients a male and a female were trying to 459 Break into a locked Dumpster at the Sunset Motel in the 3500 Block of State street. In my day we did not have to break into dumpsters. What the hell is this World coming to
- Code 40 Homeless subject yelling outside of PATH 616 Cacique street.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Vandalism Suspect in the 3400 Block of State street has returned, I did not hear the original call. I don't know what he returned to maybe his vomit.
- Med call 4000 Block of Calle Real Unknown type.
- Med call Unknown type 2700 Block of Puesta Del Sol.
- SBPD was on a subject behind the Alamar Motel First Block of Chapala.
- SBPD officer on a subject with a felony warrant in the 1000 Block of Anacapa.
- 415 Domestic in an Apartment verbal Bath at Haley streets.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park.
- Bicyclist fall victim 200 Block of State street on the RR Tracks head injury.
- Med call Unknown type the 76 Station 200 Block of South Milpas.
- Possibly 2 Loose Horses on East Foster all I heard.
- Suspicious couple with a Suspicious 4 year old child hiking Rattle Snake Trail off Los Canolas.. I think the reporting party was a little suspicious myself.
- Possible 417 Brandishing and Threats Vera Cruz Park.
- Grand Theft investigation 800 Block of East De La Guerra.
- 1200 Block of Shoreline male practicing the Arts with what looked like a 3 feet sword but was a prop. He started in the 1200 Block of Shoreline and ended up near the Break Water.
- 415 Investigation 200 Block of Palm Avenue.
- 5150 Female Yelling 200 Block of Meigs Road 415 Disturbing.
- Male under the influence threatening passerbys in front of the Granda 1216 State street.
- 415 Transient threatening to kill employees at the gas station in the 200 Block of North Milpas, been hearing alot of these lately.
- In fact here is another Subject threatening to kill the staff at the Public Library 40 East Anapamu male wearing olive green panties and wearing a black pack.
- Couple yelling at each other with 20 onlookers at Kids World in Alameda Park is that one of those Plays in the Park sort of thing?
- Patient Assaulting the staff at Alta Lucero 3880 Via Lucero.
- Yeller at Arco 1935 State street.
- Suspicious subject looking into vehicle windows trying door handles at Kimbel and Quarantina.
- Vehicle vs Ped Williams at Broadway
- 242 Assault involving 2 Males in a vehicle code 40 Drunk Black Tahoe left scene drunk driving.
- Subject seen walking on the gym roof of SMHS 4750 Hollister. Waitress had her finger stuck in a door jam.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- 415 Domestic, Threats investigation 900 Block of West Pedregosa.
- Camper on the Beach 400 Block of East Cabrillo, "Camper on the Beach." That could be a new drink.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- Trash Fire rear of Sharkys 500 Block of State street.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle 3700 Block of Monterey Pines.
- First Block of Necterine in Goleta SBSO on scene missed original call but have heard calls in that block lately 415's and at least one medical call so I mentioned it.
- Ongoing case of trespassing 300 Block of MotorWay at Back Yard Bowls everyday.
- Check the Welfare of a disoriented male sitting on the ground at DLG &DLV.
- Check the Welfare of a dog left in a vehicle at Pershing Park Black Toyota Tacoma.
- Dude Smoking THE WEED while Driving in a Blue Sedan West Bound on Cota from Laguna WMA Beard tattoos Smoking the WEED. I guess some people have to drive when they do that sort of thing SNOT me.
- Loud Vehicle Foothill at Ontare Be on the Lookout for Loud Vehicles.
- 415 Transient refusing to leave 633 East Cabrillo the Hilton I remember when it was The Jungle.
- Report of a brush fire highway 101 Southbound at Arroyo Hondo read that off the CHP Website.
- SBPD officer on foot patrol in the 1200 Block of State street.
- Med call for a Bee Sting in the 1200 Block of Channel Drive.
- Threats investigation in the 300 Block of East Victoria,
- 415, and Vandalism at Angelo's Liquor Store in the 5800 Block of Hollister suspect got away in a red car.
- Disabled motorist in the Carrillo Underpass trying to flag down other motorists.
- Bicyclist down on the Bike Path at Leadbetter.
I got into hundreds of bicycle accidents when I was a kid and a few as an adult they can all cripple you but the older you get the worse it is as far as injuries go. Will That is All outta me for now Hope Ya All had a Great Saint Patrick's Day every time I try to cook Holiday food it never comes out cannot wait for SPROUTS to open up DOWN HERE! I'll be buying their grub all the time..Nomnomnomnomnomnomnom..Have a Great MONday-MONday..Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina,Maxwell, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, MaGuder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger