Scanner Reports 12-31-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
It's New Beers Eve and old resolutions die hard. I haven't had a drink in over 15 years, almost 16 now and even if I had I would not touch any of the new crap on the market. The closest I'd get to any of it is Rolling Rock or Labat Blue, but I preferred Old School Beer in my day as I am an Old School Fart. Offer me an Old Style, Stroh's, Hamms, or PBR, I might be tempted to head South a few seasons. Tempted, but I probably wouldn't.
As far as resolutions go I have never been very good at keeping them, you want to do something good for yourself bad enough Why start on New Years? Do It Now. I have a few changes in my life I'd like to make one is to push poison and abusive people out of my life. Seems like some people cannot control their own lives so they have to control yours GO AWAY. Find someone else to play with. Going to go back to taking vitamins again because they helped my arthritis before hopefully, they will again. I quit taking them when Belinda passed away. I stopped doing a few things when she passed away, anyway I already started popping the vitamins a few days ago. The pain SUCKS, the falling down SUCKS.
2 Things I will most likely not do for New Years: get Drunk or make Resolutions. The past few New Years Eve's I have crashed out early. I'll probably do the same this New Years Eve getting older does have its advantages besides senior discounts. It's really nice to drift off early wake up early too when no one else is up, a good time to enjoy a nice hot couple cups of coffee...Have Fun New Beers Eve! Just Don't DUI ! Here are your Scanner Reports:
Scanner Reports, Friday
- A man called 911 and told the dispatcher a man shot him with a bb gun inside a vacant structure in the 100 Block of Garden street, police responded the man said he was holding a military-style rifle, the Dispatcher said the man sounded UI or Under the influence. The police and subject spoke back in forth for some time then the guy gave himself up it did not sound like a stand off or anything like that it was more like a 5150 call.
- Dog in traffic in the 1700 Block of State street.
- Med call highway 101 Southbound at El Cap unconscious subject in a land cruiser, Toyota.
- Med Call ill male near the creek bed Montecito and Chapala which leads me to wonder how many times people have thrown up in Mission Creek through the years?
- 200 Block of Union Heater Fire.
- Unknown if injury traffic accident Micheltorena at Anacapa.
- 415 Female screaming at the Car Stereo Guys on South Milpas. My girlfriend used to do that all the time her and Casey went at it a few times. He has been there for me ever since she passed away I think he enjoyed Balistic Belindas Rants. Casey Hurd of Car Stereo Guys is a Good Guy.
- A couple of subjects drinking behind the Canary Hotel 31 West Carrillo.
- 5150 Female following the reporting party at Shoreline Park a female in her 50's that narrows it down.
- Burglary at the Sandpiper Lodge in the 3500 Block of State street.
- 415 Older Male touching people North on State from the 1000 Block they caught up to him in the 1100 Block.
- Juvenile fall victim possibly from a bicycle at Elings Park with an arm injury.
- Unknown type medical call by the Basketball courts at Ortega Park.
- CPS requested SBPD assistance to take 2 Juveniles into CPS Custody in the 400 Block of East Cota.
- Public Assist for a child locked in a bathroom in the 3700 Block of Branch, 11 Month Old.
- Tree Limb in power lines in the 1800 Block of Baker Pass Road.
- 5150 Who was seeing things brandished a knife in the 300 Block of North Milpas he was followed by a relative and possibly taken into custody at Alisos and Carpinteria streets.
- Theft investigation the RR Tracks at Montecito street.
- 23152 White pickup truck got off the freeway highway 101 Southbound at Mission.
- 415 Domestic 1500 Block of San Andres.
- Male sleeping near the Dumpsters in the back of 3405 State street sounds kinda cozy.
- Keep the Peace CARES Animal hospital 301 East Haley.
- A guy throwing tables at the Pizza Joint on Santa Claus Lane they think he Has been Drinking that sounds like one of my drunks.
- La Cumbre at Calle Real non injury accident with a Hazardous spill of fluids from the accident Engines 4 &5 responded for cleanup.
- Structure Fire on Magnolia in Goleta 2 Apartments burned.
- Skaters Point an illegal burn possible Bon Fire.
- 20002 Non injury Hit and Run MILPAS UNDERPANTS 40 South Milpas reporting party followed vehicle involved until police responded the vehicle was pulled over at Las Positas and Calle Real.
- Assault and a hit and run at SandPiper Liquors in Summerland.
- A male killed his family in Orcutt and was shot to death by police.
- 2 Shots heard in the 1200 Block of Coast Village Road around 8:10 pm
- A male 242ed Choked reporting party's mother (he'd be dead if he did that to my mother even though I don't get along with her.) in the 3400 Block of Richland Drive suspect HMA 28 years old grey sweater black panties drives a gold Honda sedan 4 JKG 3??.
- Check the Welfare of an 8 year old boy sitting along at Union Bank for 20 minutes in the 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- 100 Block of West Carrillo check the welfare of a subject in a wheelchair who is drunk.
- Tree down on condo on Por La Mar Circle.
- Suspicious circumstances several subjects were chasing a guy toward Quinientos from 7 South Milpas on a blue Schwinn bicycle he got away with stealing the bicycle. Suspect BMA shaved head grey hoodie.
- Burglary to a vehicle in the 2000 Block of State street.
- 10851pc Stolen vehicle 1600 Block of Santa Rosa.
- Check the Welfare of an animal did not say what kind could be a Hippo in a white Audi in the 1100 Block of Chapala.
- Male vandalized a sign in the 1200 Block of State street reporting party following the subject North on State street.
- 3 Transients yelling at each otter on the Nino's side of Dwight Murphy Park.
- City Police officer on Footsie Patrol at the Farmers Market.
- Subject was attempting to kick in a door in the 100 Block of West Mason.
- 300 Block of Stevens there was water running off solar panels into another neighbors yard and she wondered what could be done about it?
- Homeless camps discovered along the Rail Road tracks in the 3500 Block of Modoc.
- Male on Light House Road did not catch the block Camping Sitting in his car in his UNDERPANTS! That is not how I camped!
- Someone in the 1200 Block of Miramonte called in to share that they were watching a Meteor and they thought it was either going to hit Carrillo Hill or the Ocean.
- 242 Assault Dover at APS.
- Female bitten by a male in the 500 Block of State street or thereabouts it was a 415 Domestic and he was wanted for 273.5 Domestic Violence.
- Med call for an overdose in the 1600 Block of San Andres.
- City Parking lot 9 Fire reported out in the basement they contacted an investigator.
- Vehicle vs a Pedestrian First block of South Milpas street.
- Unknown type 415 in the 1000 Block of Coast Village Road between a female and a male in a vehicle.
- SkateBoarders refusing to leave Paseo Nuevo.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- 415, 594 Vandalism Transient throwing things at Cars hit one.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 600 Block of West Carrillo at the Arco suspect in a black SUV.-
- Med call for a subject having a panic attack in the 300 Block of State street.-
- Med call on Ellwood Beach for a possible death Rest in Peace.
- Water leaking from the back of the Chapala Market onto the street 5780 Hollister.
- Electrical burning odor SBCounty Jail 4436 Calle Real SB Full county Fire response.
- Suspicious circumstances garage door open on Neighbors house check the welfare of the neighbor on Sheridan Drive.
- Street flooding possible broken water main 4500 Block of Titan.
- 415 Neighbors on SaTURDay but calling now on Vista Del Mar.
- Jetta stolen in the 200 Block of Grove Lane and the keys were left in the vehicle.
- Smoke investigation 3900 Block of Maricopa, a Fire Pit was burning in a neighbors yard.
- Code 40 Drunk female down in front of the Speedy Mart in the 800 Block of North Milpas, code 2 Medics responded for transport to Cottage.
- Med Call fall victim Rincon Brewery on Carp Ave in Carpinteria.
- Group of kids with bats and sticks looking for Trouble with a Capital T in front of Vons Turnpike ran when the police showed up so I guess they did not want any trouble after all
- Burglary to vehicles 2 of them in the 800 Block of Chapala.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle in the 4400 Block of Carpinteria Ave.
- Fall victim with a possible broken arm on the bike path Carrillo at Milpas streets across from the SB Inn.
- 415 Argument between a customer and employee of 7-11 at 331 West Montecito over how much change was given back to the customer.
- Code 2 Medics for a Drunk code 40 8 South Milpas street transport to Cottage Hospital.
- Female in a business in the 700 Block of State street refusing to leave the Sitting room locked herself in there
- 415 Domestic in the 800 Block of Olivera hears yelling female getting beat up and a baby crying.
Will That is all out of me Have a Lovely New Years Eve, and A Happy New Year.....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Andy, Tiny, Fish Head, One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY!STOBIE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing We will See you in 2019...Later, Roger