By Roger the Scanner Guy
Well it’s FRYday, and almost 2018, I have a friend who recently had brain surgery, he had a Benign brain tumor and he is having a rough go of it. He says he is different, not the same person he was before the surgery. I had Encephalitis Meningitis back in 1975 I have never been the same since before I had it. It took me 3 years to come part way, back from what the disease did to me, in the beginning, I could not tie my shoes, or count past 10 for a long time. Right after I was released from the hospital in Fort Wayne I was put back in high school, I used to just sit in class like one of those punching bag clowns the kind with sand in the bottom of them staring. Idiots would shoot me with spit wads, and smack me upside the head, I did not know what the teacher was saying half the time I was totally wacked.
I quit going to class, I would sit on the River bank in front of the school and smoke weed all day. I couldn’t really do much else. I ended up in Special Ed. I was taken out of the boys home I was in and placed in a place for developed disabled and depressed adults. Before I was ill I partied Drinking beer and wine, smoking the weed once in a while, I took chemical drugs not much, I never really got into chemical drugs. About the only thing I could relate to was getting high, it helped me accept myself. I tried and tried to learn to retain knowledge, it was a no-go, the Scholarship that I had was off the table I felt like a worthless piece of shit, a Dummy who would never amount to anything. That was 43 Years ago, since then I worked hundreds and hundreds of jobs. I was houseless by choice for a while and homeless not by choice. I ate out of trash cans and did whatever work I could do mostly labor for a dollar an hour if I had to eat. I never wanted to be considered disabled or get government help but my Mom and her Boyfriend, both Republicans at the time, applied for and got Social Security in my name pocketing the money while I lived on the streets. It took me 3 Years before I could tie my own shoes, and count past 10. I could push a broom, shovel snow, lift boxes, shovel shit, sand, dirt. Most of the jobs I worked doing Security because nothing was really expected of me other than being a Big Dummy. Nowadays guards do more than stand around in some positions of security. I am still and probably will always be dyslexic, it’s frustrating looking up almost every word over and over again every time you write only to discover you wrote it wrong once again. I hope my friend comes back quicker and does not have all the problems I have had through the years. If anyone has any advice for my friend feel free to share.
Here are your Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 415 Domestic 1200 Block of Mercedes Lane.
- Burglary 2500 Block of Calle Galicia.
- Grand Theft at Alta Lucero in the 3800 Block of Via Lucero.
- A vehicle took out a kiosk arm in the 600 Block of Anacapa used to cost 20 bucks must be more now.
- Suspicious circumstances 1500 Block of Robbins subject looked through a front window then went into the back door of a house.
- Stolen vehicle on Kimberly.
- Vegetation Fire small one on highway 166 in New Cayama.
- Premise check Oak Park.
- Suicidal Subject in Goleta over a break up.
- Subject with a burn on their foot on Somerset 1800 Block.
- Check the Welfare of a man down behind 124 Los Aquaries police did and requested Medics for the guy.
- Homeless camp reported in line with Nopal street but on the other side of the fence next to the Freeway. I found a guy dead back there once I had my back to him was talking to him couldn’t figure out why he wasn’t talking back till I turned and saw a fly come out of his mouth, I quit eating food that flies landed on after that.
- Candy and cash stolen on East Mountain Drive.
- Check the welfare of a subject down in the roundabout with someone standing over them.
- Vehicle over the side on Paradise road, driver suffered a broken ankle.
- Medical at the county jail unknown type.
- AMR Transport someone from the mail jail to Cottage, 5150.
- Injury accident 1000 Block of Coast Village Road.
- Medical for an ill subject 315 Camino Del Remido.
- Dine and Dash 45.00 Worth of food from BenchMark 1200 Block of State street.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Medical Call on Evergreen Drive 7400 Block.
- Olive at Micheltorena subject possibly homeless in yards picking things up and throwing them yelling.
- Subject disturbing at the Isla Vista Market.
- Hazard condition large lantern hanging in a tree across from the cement company Calle Caesar Chavez at Quinientos.
- Bicyclist down 1500 Block of Refugio Road.
- Highway one at Constellation Southbound offramp in Lompoc traffic accident
- Medical unknown type in the 4400 Block of Calle Real.
- SBPD on a subject in Plaza Del Mar.- SBPD assist Engine 2 at their station 819 Cacique street.
- Fall victim in the 3800 Block of Berwin.
- 487 Grand Theft of a 4,000 Dollar electric bicycle with brown saddlebags in the 3900 Block of Primavera.
- 2225 DLV The Californian medical call.
- Non injury hit and run Kellogg at Hollister.
- Subject in Starbucks talking to himself and scaring customers in the 500 Block of State street, BOO!
- Premise check 82 North La Cumbre.
- Check the welfare of a subject who pee’d on himself 1400 Block of Mantu. I know it’s against the law to pee in public but it’s legal to pee in your pants, right?
- Minor injury accident Carrillo at Bath streets.
- Smoke investigation no fire at Milpas and Guiterrez.
Scum Bags stealing packages from a vehicle 2005 VW with expired tags from 2013 6TIK20? registered last in the 1400 Block of Mission Ridge police had all the info sooner than later the suspects will hopefully be enjoying our Beautiful Santa Barbara County Jail.
Ill subject in a stairwell Hope at Via Lucero.
Will that is all out of me for now Enjoy our last Weekend Before 2018……Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Magruder, Don, Edwin Cory, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Poe, Bommy, Poppy, Rambo, Sherry, Ricky, Isabelle, Jerry, Patrick, Christy, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on in 2018…Later, Roger