By Roger the Scanner Guy
I remember when I was younger and I’d be at my Step Uncles house and he’d be getting ready for work, he was a Chicago Police Detective. He had a lot of guns, he wore several in different places on his body, wore a vest too. Wearing all that armor and weapons paid off for him one night in 1976 when he and his partner went undercover in search of a serial arsonist. They saw the guy go down an alley with a container of fluid and followed there were 3 doors he could have gone in but only 2 cops. My Uncle picked the right door but before he couldn’t react, the torch fired on him hitting him. My Uncle fired back unloading his weapon into the Sonofabitch and hitting the liquid which exploded engulfing them both in flames. My Uncles partner was able to find him and pull him out of the building and roll him on the ground though he was burned and shot 4 times. My Uncle and his partner re-entered the structure which was an apartment building, now on fire and warned all the residents out.
Whenever there is a dangerous Police Killer on the loose, like this guy who shot the young Police Officer to death in Northern California during a traffic stop the other day, I think of my Uncle putting on all those guns. You can never be too careful, It can happen anytime anywhere in a small town, in a big town, on a simple Traffic Stop, or even just cruising down the street always be aware of your surroundings. I heard a female police officer on a call on WEDnesday say that she was going to wait for another unit before approaching a house on West Victoria. The Caller called 911 simply said ” Things are about to get Violent.” And hung up. The call did not seem to amount to much but you can never be too careful. One never knows when someone’s going to Snap. Here are your scanner reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Wires down in the roadway 3800 Block of Via Real.
- 415 Of sorts 500 Block of West Victoria.
- Smoldering vegetation Alisal Road cross of Las Alturas from the Sycamore Canyon fire the evening before
- Small vegetation fire in the area of Swinney Road and Highway 246.
- 415 Transient disturbing 26 East Haley.
- Med Call unconscious subject 900 Block of State Street.
- Med Call for a laceration at Los Banos Pool.
- 415 Passenger refusing to leave the MTD Bus Carpinteria Ave at Elm, Ester.
- Male in a wheelchair who is a 290 Registrant violating a restraining order at Garden Court in the 1100 Block of De La Vina.
- Male with a 6 inch knife cutting tree limbs because the tree cannot cut him back 212 East Guiterrez.
- 23103, Reckless or 23152, Drunk Driver black Hummer Northbound Chapala running lights swerving last seen parked in the 200 Block of West Mason.
- Theft of a purse at the Albertsons store on Highway 246.
- 415 Domestic in the 900 Block of Camelot Drive.
- Med Call ill subject Rabo Bank Parking lot 900 Block of Carpinteria.
- 242 2800 Block of DLV near Presto Pasta
- Med Call unknown type SB Shores at Carmel Beach
- A motorcyclist dumped it got up and rode off into the Sunset Calle Real at Kellogg.
- A drunk walked into the Sober center and turned himself in.
- On the Corner of State street and DLV another code 40, Drunk.
- Naked male in the Jacuzzi at the YMCA. Sounds like a Drink but I would not drink it.
- 319 North Milpas at the Med Center 2 guys shoving each other…. Others throwing things out front. Sounds like a Wedding.
- 2025 Mission Drive at the Vet Hospital male wrapped in blankets in the parking lot rolling around Solvang.
- Suspicious Circumstances a female inside an abandoned vehicle at Miramonte and Highland white Jeep Cherokee with broken windsheild.
- 601pc Runaway juvenile hanging out at 15 East Haley in front.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Campers in the 900 Block of West Carrillo underneath properties sounds like the Carrillo Hill area sucks having campers that close to properties especially when you don’t know what they are up to.
- Med Call 300 Block of Cordova Drive Unresponsive subject.
- Vehicle through a fence at Dennys 3614 State street.
- Med Call 1700 Block of Castillo.
- Elderly female walking in the ER Lane North of Buellton on highway 101.
- SBPD on a vehicle shake Calle Real at Wye Road.
- Mountain lion in a back yard in the 2300 Block of Anacapa.
- SBSO spotted a 20002 Suspect in a field with the offending vehicle at Roblar and Exterior.
- 20002 At 7-11 on Calle Real suspect possibly went into the Sports Bar offending vehicle a grey Bronco.
- 415 Domestic 600 Block of West Guiterrez male beating up female in a white 4-Door Ford in a parking lot.
- Fire alarms on Oceanview no fire.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 2900 Block of Grand Ave suspect might be in victims vehicle per CHP website.
- Med Call cut finger 300 Block of Oakley.
- Something going on at Cottage did not hear the first call sounded like a 415, Officer requested another unit then a Supervisor and CSI they had trouble with someone it ended in the 300 Block of Junipero whatever it was a 415 of sorts.
- 1110 at the 76 Station on Carpinteria Ave. they did not say what crime just 1110.
- 415 Domestic female throwing items in males face in the 1200 Block of Liberty.
- Subject on the roof of the Social Security office at 122 West Figueroa, as seen through the skylight “roof roof roof!”
- Highway 154 at the entrance to Lake Cachuma vehicle over the side non injury.
- Suspicious subject in an RV in the 5100 Block of Hollister, looking over fence into back yards.
- Male harassing females in Sueno Park, 600 Block of Sueno asking them if they have boyfriends and following them around. Male in his 20’s on a red bike.
- Road Rager in a silver Range Rover blocked in a bicyclist “Tough Guy in his big SUV.” Last seen East on Victoria.
Will that is all outta me for now. Elizabeth G. Sent me a Christmas card that got her on Christmas Eve and was concerned for my Welfare I want to let her know I’m find through I sent her a card to let her know after the Holiday…Have a Wonderful Weekend!…Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE! Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday. Later, Roger