Scanner Reports 12-13-17
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I was hunting for info to keep your property safe during a natural disaster such as a WildFire but there really is no way to keep your home safe from a WildFire. I was thinking from looters but if a fire is going to get your house it might get the looters too, just make sure all your insurance is covered. I would if I was a homeowner, have an alarm system that would knock down insurance costs and protect your home from predators as well as Natural Disasters. I have been hearing things the past few days about suspicious subjects in vehicles taking pictures of Neighbor HOODS, and homes, also subjects casing areas in the evacuation zones.
Involving the Mountain Drive incident I thought I heard there were 2 subjects involved maybe it was just the one who was very actively going through the home but he got away. He must have checked out the area beforehand and if he got away once he will be trying again elsewhere I guess the best way to save your property is if you have to evacuate take the things that mean the most to you pack them and stash them beforehand and at a moments notice you can grab it and run. Don't worry about the other stuff if you have good insurance it's all covered anyway. Since I have lived here on South Milpas several Fires have gone through the Foothills The Tea Fire I still remember the county copters flying directly over my house and picking up water from East Beach, The Jesusita Fire seemed much closer in the lower Foothills burning structures, There was the Zaca Fire that went through our Back Country then when there was no fire a windy day gave us a scary dust storm everything was black. There was a spot fire near the Edison towers one day Bomb barded by County Fire and Air Support knocked down quick by the Brave Hero's who Fight this Destruction with no thoughts of their own Safety. Some of us cannot do what they do but we all have our place Lets Pray, or send thoughts for a good outcome...Dog Bless the Firefighters!
Here are your Scanner Reports, Monday:
- 415 Homeless subject disturbing at the S.B. Public Library.
- Medical call UNknown type 3400 Block of State street.- Medical call Leg Pain 400 Block of East Carrillo.
- 415 Customer at the AT$T Store on highway 246.
- Difficulty breathing Shoreline Drive Ledbetter Beach.
- Drowning near an anchored boat not sure if it was in the Harbor or Channel Criminal Investigation involved possible someone Under the influence.
- Stabbing Ortega Park Suspect caught right a way.
- Burglary 1000 Block of East Mountain Drive suspect got away.
- Suspicious circumstances involving theft from Chase Bank in the 3700 Block of State street not sure if the suspect was captured.
- 415 Female 2000 Block of Emerson refusing to leave last week she was banging on the door and yelling sounds like she is just refusing to leave now possible 5150.
- Missing vehicle a 2005 4-Runner from Anapamu and Chapala.
- Child Abuse subject hit child in the face in front of a black SUV at In and Out Burger on Calle Real and when they noticed someone was watching got into the vehicle and fled occurred at aprox. 1:40pm Coward hitting a child come over here and hit me.
- Drunk down at McDonalds 29 North Milpas.
- 415 Customer disturbing at Smittys Towing in the 5700 Block of Thornwood.
- Suicidal subject jumped off 2nd story roof day before doesn't want to live anymore 6700 Block of Del Playa. Just wait till your in your 50's and the arthritis sets in your hips and lower spine from jumping off buildings.
- Drunk Driver in the 246 Roundabout heading East toward Santa Barbara on the 154 yellow VW weaving "6YFO6??" California part plate.
- Loud Preaching DLV at Carrillo.
- Attempt 459 to a vehicle possibly near Codys on Hollister.
- Missing at Risk subject from the Double Tree male with Parkinsons found within an hour, Female with Alzehimers missing in Solvang also found.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Suspicious male took credit cards out of a wallet in front of Rite Aide 35 South Milpas pocketed them put wallet on a trash can nearby, SBPD was responding, male in front of Jacks Bagel reporting party nearby.
- Suspicious vehicle silver Hyundai and subject 100 Block of East Canon Perdido WMA 5'8 225 parked vehicle put on googles face mask walked South on Anacapa. He also took the license plate off the vehicle and put it in his trunk.
- Homeless female at Starbucks 800 Block of State street smearing food on the window, how nice of her to wash the windows.
- Medical call UNknown type 2200 Block of DLV.
- Suspicious male outside of a preschool in the 4400 Block of Hollister associated with a tan Cadallic.
- Alarm sounding over 24 Hours at 55 Oceanview.
- Reckless driver in the 5600 Block of Calle Real white Ford Pick Up Truck was reckless on the 217 Reporting party thought he was drunk.
- 415 UNknown type Trader Joes 222 North Milpas I can't imagine.
- 415 Domestic male has a tazer on him but isn't pulling it out today 2100 Block of Castillo I got shocked with an electric cattle prod once.
- Suspicious injection in a dark Toyota pick up camper at Wendys in the 5700 Block of Hollister last seen South on Hollister.
- 911 Hang Up at 915 North Milpas East Side NeighborHOOD Clinic on call back they are "Out to Lunch" I'll say.
- Found property a bloody purse at 47 Broodmare Plaza.
- Smoke investigation outside Haley at Voluntario a fire truck responded determined it to be from the fire, Really?
- Medical Paradise Camp 43 Year old Male having seizures after clearing brush on Paradise Road or possibly La Mesa Road.
- Assist Harbor Patrol with a Code 40 Male at Ledbetter Beach.
- Medical call 1000 Block of Senta Verde for a dislocated hip.
- Vandalism investigation 160 South Patterson.
- Fall victim facial shoulder injuries 42 Broodmare Plaza.
- Vehicle stolen in the 5100 Block of University.
- Shoeing away Lookie Loo's on Gibraltar Road.
- 415 Domestic 1400 Block of Castillo husband UI Meth.
- Report of a vegetation fire in the Santa Maria Riverbed 1600 Block of East Main.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a Great WEDnesday....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Ricky, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, David Cox, Poe, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger