By Roger the Scanner Guy
Another mass shooting, more killing. The only thing I can say is to be prepared, it can happen anytime, anywhere, it has even happened here. Anyone could do it too, not just those who hate Americans from other places. There are many people here that can and will kill others if they feel they need to and many are capable. If faced with the situation I don’t know what I would do. I have had guns pulled on me before not just by the police either. I have never been shot. I had shrapnel in my chest from a high-speed auto accident, I was so drunk I did not feel it. Anyway there has to be something we can do to prepare in case of it happening to us like escape, possible self defense. One never knows when their time will come.
I pray for others, for the killing of the defenseless and innocent to stop, that people find other ways to work out their differences than killing each other. I remember all the years of my anger I wanted to pay those back who I THOUGHT hurt me, all the other kids who bullied me in school. Turned out many of them were abused at home by their fathers and they were bullied in their hoods too. I’m grateful that I came to my senses and now lead a life that is somewhat sane as long as I stay away from troublemakers, they know who they are.
A friend of mine was on the bus Sunday morning and he overheard a fella behind him call 911 and report that a group of thugs pulled a knife on him on State street Sunday morning. The man told the police that the thugs were hitting him up for money and when he turned them down a group came after him, one with a knife. The guy with the knife according to the man, said, “He had too eat.” I’m not sure how the guy got away but he probably beat feet. I never heard a call like that on SUNday morning but I had other things I had to do before I started listening to the scanner. The travelers we got around here now are nothing like the Old School Magruders we used to have, seems like there are some bullies and thugs out there. I sure hope whoever becomes Mayor they try and do something other than drumming up more business to pocket more cash in their 401K’s.
Scanner Reports, FRYday:
- Theft investigation 500 Block of Anacapa.
- SBPD on a group 1200 Block of State street.
- Medical call across from the DoubleTree seizures.
- Highway 101 at Mission street, minor injury accident vehicle vs motorcyclist.
- Assault Turnpike and Hollister victim hit from behind by subject associated with a grey pickup truck.
- 10 Drinkers 100 Block of West Montecito street.
- Possible drug sales 700 Block of East Haley in an alleyway.
- Subject smoking marijuana in front of Ross Dress for Less in the 3900 Block of State street.
- 89 Year old Dementia Patient yelling and disturbing others at Villa Alamar 45 East Alamar.
- Suicidal subject 3500 Block of Orcutt Road trying to cut his head with a pair of Sissors.
- Non injury traffic accident 2200 Block of APS.
- 800 Block of Pine Ave at Morrison in Santa Maria drive by shooting.
- Castillo at Carrillo 415 Domestic .
- 415 Fight Security at Macys vs Shoplifter 3800 Block of State street 484 Theft.
- Suspicious circumstances 6100 Block of Via Real Santa Barbara Mobile Home Park.
- Motorcyclist down Cota at DLV Injury accident.
- Out of control juvenile 500 Block of West Canon Perdido.
- Medical Call for shoulder pain 500 Block of West Canon Perdido.
- Drunk in the road yelling 1300 Block of Sycamore Canyon.
- Fall victims 300 Block of West Cabrillo, 1200 Block of Del Mar, 500 Block of State street near Starbucks one right after the Otter.
- Subjects hanging out refusing to leave 800 Block of North Milpas several subjects.
Scanner Reports Saturday
- 415 Subject refusing to leave AM-PM 1900 Block of State street.
- Shots Fired heard only 1100 Block of East Cabrillo I didn’t hear any.
- Drunk driver 1300 Block of Shoreline grey VW.
- Check the welfare of a subject down in the bushes at Chase Bank 1300 Block of State street.
- Suspicious subjects looking in residences near the Miramar 1500 Block of South Jameson.
- Fire alarms ringing no fire at Cottage Hospital.
- Subject with an open container and refusing to leave 29 South Milpas.
- 415 Domestic 400 Block of South Kellogg.
- Fight brewing Taco Bell on Casitas Pass.
- 415 Family 400 Block of West Anapamu.
- 415 Transients disturbing at Marshalls 900 Block of State street
- 415 Transient inside of Wendy Fosters in the 800 Block of State street disturbing.
- Transients harassing passerbys 613 North Milpas.
- Fall victim head injury 600 Block of Linchfield.
- Transient yelling DLV at Haley.
- Cota at Laguna 23152 Drunk Driver hit and run Chevy Yukon.
- Fall victim inside the Library 40 East Anapamu.
- Suspicious bag left unattended at the Santa Barbara Inn 901 East Cabrillo.
- Vandalism investigation 400 Block of East Ortega.
- Camper 2500 Block of Treasure Drive.
- Premise check Labor Line.
- Suicidal Subject on Del Playa.
- 5150 Subject calling for themselves Mission at Bath.
- 415 Fight San Marcos High School.
- Fight Brewing in the 900 Block of East Haley at a Party.
- Subject refusing to leave and going thru a Dumpster 500 Anacapa, Thems good eating!
Scanner Reports Sunday
- Subject exposing himself at the dead end of Eucalyptus in a blue Lexus when spotted he took off drove away I guess he did not like someone calling the police on him.
- 9TH at Elm someone located their 10851 stolen vehicle in Carpinteria.
- Road Rage between two women one in a white Prius the other in a van on San Pascual Southbound from Carrillo.
- 484 Shoplifting a male ripped off a bright pink backpack from Marshalls and beat feet out the side door HMA wearing a lavender shirt and blue jeans taking full advantage of that 5 finger discount.
- Medical call 300 Block of El Gaucho Road.
- Vehicle accident 200 Block of Highway 246.
- Ill male on a bus bench 331 West Montecito.
- Check the welfare of a woman hitting herself at 914 Carpinteria street in the bushes.
- Exboyfriend involved in a 415 Domestic struck his ex girl friends 4 and a half year old kid and left in a white pick up truck from the 3700 Block of San Remo.
- Suicidal Subject hasn’t been seen in 3 weeks check the welfare 1500 Block of Oak street.
- 100 Block of South Grey street report of a subject beating a German Shepard.
- Suspicious circumstances 200 Block of West Micheltorena street.
- 415 Transient yelling profanities greeting tourists at Amtrak 209 State street.
- Check the Welfare of a UI Male in the bathroom at 23 Castillo
- Suspicious circumstances open door California Pizza Kitchen 700 Block of Paseo Nuevo.
- Overdose 300 Block of Mathilda Drive.
- 100 Block of South Milpas Stolen vehicle pick up truck keys left inside.
- Medical call for a female who tripped, fell, hit her head fainted 700 Block of East Anapamu.
- Elevator rescue 40 East Anapamu
- Medical call alcohol poisoning 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- 484 Theft of beer from Foodland on San Andres 1500 Block suspects 2 HMA left Northbound in a gold Honda sedan.
Will that is all outta me for now been a weird depressing sort of day if it rained I’d feel better Have a great MONday-MONday..Peter,.Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy,Jonathan, C.J.,Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy,Cory, Edwin, Don, Magruder, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, Isabelle, Jerry, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Poe, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger