By Roger the Scanner Guy
Sometimes I hear calls and think, “Did I really hear that?” I have to wait a while until the police respond to the call to make sure it’s real. On Thursday morning I heard that an Airplane possibly went down behind Elings Park near the Hang Glider area, it was a small white plane that was going nose down. The reporting party said that they could see that the pilot was struggling to keep the plane in the air, the plane was wobbling before it went down. There was only one Reporting Party. One police unit responded the female Officer asked the Dispatcher if the Fire Department was responding. I never heard an answer. A few moments later I heard a male officer ask the female pfficer if it was a Model Airplane? I thought I heard her answer “Yea.” I’m still not sure I heard this.
This got me though, The Reporting Party could see that, ” The pilot was struggling to keep the plane in the Air.” They did not actually see the Pilot, they saw the model airplane wobbling then go nose down behind Elings Park near the Hang Glider area. I wonder how big the model Airplane was? I’m glad there was no plane crash now there is this picture in my head of the female Officer going to check it out she goes around a corner and there is a model airplane with a tiny man standing next to it checking out the damage. I saw an airplane almost crash years ago in Goleta it was a small plane it was going down in a field about a hundred feet from me and was about 12 feet off the ground when it recovered. The nose was not totally down it looked like it was going to crash land still it was pretty scary. I never reported it because they recovered and made it in. I hear weird calls once in a while and wonder “Is this for real?” This one was one of the humorous ones. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Head on traffic accident highway 101 Southbound Clark street off ramp Santa Maria.
- 415pc Transient at Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo possibly lit a trash can on fire.
- Traffic accident highway 101 Northbound at Union Valley vehicle rollover.
- Overdose Sarbo Tarde in I.V.-
- Vehicle rollover highway 154 at highway 246 in the roundabout non injury.
- 23103 Reckless driver Southbound on Milpas from Cota in a white Ford driving at high speeds into oncoming traffic throwing things out of the vehicle.
- Vehicle vs Pedestrian Carrillo at Castillo
- Medical call DLV at Victoria unknown type.
- 415pc Transient yelling and hitting himself in the head in the creekbed behind Chic Fil A. 3700 Block of State street.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle Chapala at Pedregosa.
- Suspicious male refusing to leave the grounds of Washington School 290 Lighthouse WMA, 5’11, grey shorts, heavy set. Alot of police responded to this call sounded like several units.
- This one pissed me off Assault 522 State street Hotel Santa Barbara a transient grabbed a female employee’s arm after she prevented him from stealing breakfast that is meant for the hotel guests only. Police captured him in front of Rite Aide 825 State street.
- Calle Real at the Golf Course possible medical in a white Audi.
- Santa Barbara Police Officer responding to a Detail at SBHS in the 700 Block of East Anapamu.
- Gang Types juveniles hanging out on the Cacique Street Footsie Bridge.
- Medical call at the Rite Aide on Cliff Drive 1900 Block.
- 242pc Assault at MTD 1020 Chapala Suspect HMA blue shirt white lettering wearing shorts and carrying a skateboard.
- 415pc RoomMates threats made 1400 Block of Pacific.
- 400 Block of Anacapa 415pc Subject yelling at Employees of a business and refusing to leave.
- Milpas at Yanonali 1 Year old infant in diapers found wandering the streets unattended C.W.S. Contacted said they would call back did not give a time, Grandmother returned to home child came from in the 100 Block of North Milpas. Good thing someone called the kid might have wandered into the street and got run over.
- 242pc In front of La Cumbre Junior High grandson beating up on his Grand Mother and trying to steal her cell phone.
- Lewd Activity Two Males Spanking their Monkees behind the Old Staples store in the 400 Block of State street.
- Vehicle vs Pedestrian State street at Pedregosa Injury accident.
- Overdose in a vehicle Modoc at Oak Avenue a white Toyota truck.
Scanner Reports, Thursday
- Medical call 400 Block of East Cota street.
- Male in the Females Bathroom at One North Garden Street, Visitors Center using drugs, HMA with a black bicycle.
- Suspicious males with a glass pipe pacing in Parking lot 2 on the 3rd level. Probably the same 2 from Staples yesterday.
- Engine 2 Response to a Gas Odor outside Nino’s at Cabrillo, East Cabrillo.
- Fire Alarms no Fire in the 3800 Block of State street.
- 200 Block of East Anapamu Medical call.
- The Plane! The Plane down behind Elings Park but we know what really happened, Don’t We?
- SBPD on a group of subjects Guiterrez at State street.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run on Juinipero.
- Suspicious subject in the basement underground vehicle garage at 617 Garden Street checking vehicle doors.
- 415 Domestic male yelling throwing things out the door Police were called so the couple left the house to take a walk North on Castillo Police caught up with her at Castillo and Pedregosa, Police caught up with him in the 300 Block of West Mission. Instead of all the Drama maybe they should not argue, see a counselor, or break up, multiple choice here.
- 470pc Forgery Investigation 222 West Carrillo CVS Pharmacy.
- Charlie 22 is doing Footsie Patrol on State street.
- 415pc Family in the 500 Block of North Salsipuedes.
- Rollover Traffic Accident Highway 166 East of the 101 2 Injuries in a Chevy Envoy.
- Med call Santa Barbara Shell Fish Company 230 Stearns Wharf.
- Med Call 721 Cliff Drive SBCC.- 300 E. Haley on 2 Subjects.
- 911 Hang Up at PATH 816 Cacique all was well.
- Drunk Driver BIG SURPRISE! McKenzie Park near the Lawn Bowling..I think he was gone by the time police got there but they know him so he won’t get far then maybe we will see his vehicle for sale on Craiglist at one of the local Tow Yards I’m saving up.
That Enough outta me for this Edition of the Blessed Scanner Roni Reports. I was thinking more about the little Airplane and the tiny man. Wouldn’t it be funny if the tiny man was the Professor from Gilligan’s Island someone finally made it to the mainland only to find out we all giants…Oh Well Have a Great Weekend…Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Tomicina, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!,Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Mark, Willie, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY!,STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later,, Roger