Scanner Reports 11-16-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
It's funny, now I know why my Dad beat my ass ,it was to prepare me to deal with assholes. Of course it's hard to see that when you're al ittle kid. I'm not sure anyone would know why they were lamb basted by a huge fist and slammed into a friggen wall at 7 years of age, but I'm a fast learner, only took 53 years to figure it out. I'm not as mad at him anymore, he raised me the best way he could with what he had. He had a hard life too.
He was born in Chicago: June 5, 1928. His parents were immigrants, mother was from Romania and father from Hungary, they were Gypsies. They settled in East Chicago, Indiana. His Dad worked in the steel mill. He had many brothers and sisters, most died young. His mother also died young, my father found her dead. His older brother punched her in the head and she died of a brain hemorrhage, my father was 4 years old at the time. When my Father was 15-years-old he forged his father's signature on a permission slip to join the Navy and joined during WWII. However before he could see any action he got busted but was allowed to stay in the Navy, he was on the rescue ship to Bataan, that's what my Mother told me years later. One of his Brothers was on and survived the Indianapolis sinking. When he came back home he got a job doing Night Security and carried a gun, one of the places he worked was Goldblatt's Department store in Hammond. I heard he told off a mannequin that was sneaking up behind him.
After that he got a job working for Sears and worked there the rest of his life. I think he started at the Hammond, or maybe Gary, Indiana store when he passed away. He managed the Blue Island, Illinois store. He also had a business on the side fixing appliances, my Father was a genius when it came to fixing and building things. During the DNC riots in Chicago, he saved a black man from being hanged by a few white men who I was told were members of the Klan. My Dad suffered a brain hemorrhage April 19, 1971 and died the 21st. On the 19th after the ambulance picked him up I found three large letters painted on the back of our house in white K.K.K. I told mom and GranDad came over right away and painted over the letters. A few years later I found out the Blue Island Sears store had been firebombed the day after he died.
Yea my Father beat the shit outta me almost killed me once, the more I see what is going on nowadays the more I understand why. Sears was a good store I'm going to miss it, my Dad worked there some 24 years, my Mom 30 years, my Uncle around 40 years, all their products were quality. In the day you could buy something there and take it back if it didn't work right or got broken they would replace it or give you your money back. I wish I had never grown out of their clothing, their shoes always fit perfect as of most of the clothing till I grew into high waters. My favorite Sears store was Sears River Oaks in Calumet City, Illinois, they had everything in that store and every department was an adventure especially the Sports Department that was my favorite, all the Ted Williams baseball equipment baseball gloves, bats, then the lawn mowers freshly cut grass of Spring training Baseball The Cubs, the Sox, The Bears, the Bulls, Black Hawks, and Notre Dame. All my bicycles were Free Spirits, the first video game set up in that Sears store Video ping pong. At Christmas Time the Catalog was the best all the things one could order from a Sears Catalog. In the store there were these small log cabin pine incense burners, they can be found on the internet now I have one it reminds me of Sears. I will always remember Sears and be Thank Full it was a huge part of my life and though I did not understand my Father as a young boy I do now, even as a kid I loved him and respected who he was and what he had taught me.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Smoke in a building investigation 5100 Block of Hollister, Lassens Health Foods don't know what the outcome was but most engines went back in service right away.
- Possible illegal burn Lake Los Carneros possible homeless camp in the area.
- 600 Block of Cornell Probation check.
- Homeless issue at Shoreline Park.
- Vehicle accident Pacific Oaks at Hollister.
- Trespasser and thief over the back fence of the Alpha Thrift Store in the 5900 Block of Hollister trespasser a female wearing a Raiders hoodie and green pants took 3 bags of clothing.
- 2000 Blue Honda Accord Carjacked from Cleveland School from owner who was shot found in the back parking lot of 93 Castilian in Goleta.
- SBCC lower parking lot 3 code 40 Drunk Subject.
- 415 Combative Subject at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf all wrapped up for his transport to County Jail.
- Check the Welfare of a male laying down by a back door in the 5700 Block of Calle Real.
- 5800 Block of Calle Real Shoplifter in Albertsons stealing items putting in his vehicle then goes back in the store for more HMA not sure if he got away or got caught last heard he was in another store trying to evade, CVS.
- 242 Assault with a stick in the 7300 Block of Hollister.
- 200 Block of 2nd street fall victim.
- 415 Subject yelling and throwing items in the 1500 Block of Coophagan.
- Traffic stop 400 West Carrillo Grey Ford Escape possible reckless.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run red truck One North La Cumbre Road.
- 100 Block of West Guiterrez Transient issue trespassing crapper on property.
- 4200 Block of East Mail vehicle vs pedestrian.
- Probation requesting SBPD assistance for serving a felony warrant in the 400 Block of East Sola.
- In the 3800 Block of State street at a residence someone showed another person a gun they had bought and it was called in as a 417pc Brandishing but a police officer said it was not a Brandishing this occurred at the Marc.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Las Positas at Modoc suspect Heavyset HMA in a white sedan with a black front bumper said to be 23152 Drunk last seen headed West on Las Positas.
- 415 Transient throwing signs in front of the Honor bar in the 1200 Block of CVR.
- Possible 459 Hot Prowl 459 Suspects from 2400 Block of Tallant Road on Sunday seen in the parking lot next to the Tennis Courts at Oak Park 3 Subjects.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly female in a car with a black eye sitting next to a younger female in the 5600 Block of Calle Real.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Stolen vehicle involved in 20002 Non injury hit and run Ortega at DLV
- Med call 700 Block of Union.
- Suspicious circumstances they did not say what 100 Block of West Mission.
- More Suspicious circumstances 400 Block of Old Coast Highway.
- Fall victim 3200 Block of Padero Falling SUCKS!
- 415 Investigation 1200 Block of San Andres.
- Subject possibly vandalizing the playground equipment at Dwight Murphy.
- Possible structure fire 1900 Block of Broadway.
- Structure Fire 700 Block of DLV.
- Basement vault fire electrical 2300 Block of Bath street.
- Illegal camper 200 Block of Sterns Wharf.
- Illegal yeller at the Kiosk 200 Block of Stearns Wharf.
- Coyote Valley Road brush fire Ventura county.
- Brush Fire highway 101 Southbound at Santa Maria Way started by a power line down.
- 415 Homeless subject disturbing 1213 State suite L.
- Homeless subject yelling Carrillo at Chapala.
- Noise complaint 1000 Block of De La Vina.
- 242 Assault 2500 Block of Sycamore Canyon Road.
- Check the Welfare of a male in his 70's walking down Highway 154 in a bath robe and slippers.
- 23103 Reckless, Possibly 23152 Drunk Driver over 100 mph on the freeway got off at Fairview North black Range Rover, I would never go a 100 mph in a Range Rover.
Will went from one to another, threw out my back, twisted my ankle, fell down in 3 separate accidents in 3 days, my kidneys are better though. I'm starting to learn to never walk without my cane I don't want to fall down anymore, it takes too long to get up and hurts like hell. I hurt my poor footsie much worse now yet I'm not taking pain killers they aggravate in other ways I'm a Tylenol man. The walker I bought a total rip off, too short for me. It never fails start feeling better CRASH! Anyway Have a Great Weekend...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Pat, Mavie, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Danny, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger