Scanner Reports 10-5-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
This Kavanaugh thing brings up a lot of old stuff from the Days of being Dazed and Confused. If this should be a lesson to anyone it should make High School kids think about how they treat others and their actions in their young lives; especially now in this age of technology. The way they act or treat someone else might come up again at a later date in their lives, and it may be something they are not proud of. If they should be in a position like Kavanaugh, all hell could break loose in their lives.
I thought about his saying that it put his life through hell being accused of sexual assault. He should have thought about that before getting drunk with his friends. The hell he speaks of, I think, is what his family and friends must be thinking of him. He has always been known as a straight shooter, so the embarrassment in his mind is coming from the fact that someone has pulled out the rug from under. And he has landed flat on his face. His life can be ruined, but I doubt that it will be actually be ruined. It might be damaged. The GOP will carry him through after all he is one of theirs and gangs take care of their own.
Back in 2004, the three men who were portrayed in the movie "Dazed and Confused" sued it's Filmmaker Richard Linklater because they "Suffered Ridicule and Embarrassment because of the characters based on them in the movie" (Source NBC News Today Show 10/9/2004) The filmmaker did use their real names which is a No-No. If he hadn't done that then I don't think he would have been sued. Still, it brings up our actions in the early years of our lives and how our lives might be affected later on.
I remember being a kid, and I was an angry kid, I did all kinds of shit not so long ago. I had a lot of old friends from my hometown on Facebook and now I only have 2 LOL I remind many of them that they were young once and were not always Virgins and Virginettes like they tell their grandchildren. Some of those old friends treated me like crap and I told them 40 years ago "Payback is a Bitch." I'm glad I did not forget and I'm happy that at least now their family will get the much-needed therapy they always needed. The lesson here is simple: "DON'T DO THINGS WHEN YOU'RE YOUNG THAT YOU MIGHT BE SORRY FOR LATER ON." Here are your Scanner Reports:
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Suspicious female going through items at the back of a building 26 West Mission.
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run in the parking lot of the Habit 216 South Milpas.
- 4 Teenagers smoking THE WEED in the 100 block of East Cota.
- 415 Domestic rolling in a car
- 242 Assault physical male beating a female in a grey sedan down Quinientos from Soledad.
- Check the welfare of a male down on the ground wearing a blue jacket 500 block of West Carrillo.
- 415 Domestic
- 209 State street near Amtrak far end of parking lot near the bridge. Male throwing beer cans at a female, Dump him.
- 415 Male yelling in front of Men's Warehouse 700 block of State Street.
- 6900 Block of Market Place in a white Lexus SUV. Female slumped over the wheel med call.
- White van parked at the far end of El Sueno reporting party can smell H&S Coming from the van, Drug use.
- Suicide by hanging within the City Limits of Santa Barbara. Rest in Peace.
- A subject in traffic yelling, 600 Block of Anacapa.
- Med-Call Unconscious female in a car 800 Block of Laguna.
- Med-Call Fall victim at the Villa Santa Barbara 227 East Anapamu.
- Suicide Attempt. Teen trying to physically run into traffic in the 1900 Block of State Street.
- 417 Brandishing a knife near the Dolphin Fountain. Subject escaped Harbor Patrol. Heading north on State street but detained by SBPD.
- Doggie on the loose from Saint Francis toward Ontario. A brown and white Boxer.
- 415 Domestic male, under the influence of cocaine, is refusing to leave 600 Block of DLV.
- Suspicious vehicle in the 400 Block of Allen Road. A black van.
- Several drunks blocking the sidewalk Quinientos at Milpas.
- 415 Neighbors 300 Block of West Mission.
- Rape 220pc West Side.
- Threats investigation 3000 Block of State street.
- Subject 417 Brandishing a knife while walking South on State Street and yelling.
- Possible Child Abuse in the 200 Block of South Voluntario.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- First thing I heard today turning on the scanner was that someone was in custody and needed Medical clearance from Cottage. I don't know what they did, so this does not qualify as a call only the first thing I heard on Thursday Morning.
- 415 Subject thinks others are following him in the 400 Block of Corona Del Mar. He was on a bicycle, other subjects were in a van. Later on, the police were again called concerning the bicyclist being 415 disturbing in the 400 Block of Corona Del Mar.
- Prowler call in the 1200 Block of Cacique. Suspect black/grey hair, wearing shorts and a backpack. He got away.
- 459 Burglary at Motel Room Hotel Milo 202 West Cabrillo. Beer was taken. Suspect standing outside the room with reporting party waiting for police.
- Trespassed detained at the casino.
- Subject refusing to leave Hotel Santa Barbara 500 Block of State street.
- Stray dialog heard on SBPD channel one PD Ch. "Oh pour me a diet coke." I don't know what kind of call it was, maybe they were talking in code.
- Found property: a bicycle 801 Garden street.
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run 5th at Oak streets in front of the Viking Hotel.
- During the downpour, an officer reported Anacapa at Cabrillo streets were completely flooded.
- Runaway female. Noahs Acerage prostitution possibly involved.
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run investigation on Ninos. Reporting party elsewhere.
- 459 Burglary to a residence in the 6500 Block of Picasso.
- Checker unit was towing a vehicle with a subject sleeping inside of it. 700 Block of East Yanolli all was well, just a weird call.
- Theft investigation at the Goleta Library on North Fairview.
- SBSO had to go check on a guy who hadn't been seen in a few days with a history of alcoholism. He lives somewhere on Hollister. He was found alive, but with a possible alcohol overdose.
- Non-injury accident 2100 Block of DLV.
- Suspicious circumstances. Older female with blue or pink hair spray-painting the ground at County Dump Road and Calle Real.
- SBPD Officer attempting to locate a subject at MTD 1020 Chapala.
- Shoplifter detained at Home Depot 6900 Block of Market Place.
- 10851 Stolen motorcycle in the first block of West Pedrogosa. It is a dark blue 1982 Honda motorcycle.
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run. Investigation at the station.
Wednesday was a bad day for me. I was supposed to go to the doctor, and I wanted to go to the doctor, but it was wet and every time I went outside I got wet and had to change my clothing. Then I slipped and pulled a muscle in my lower back so I never made it to see my doctor. I had to call and cancel right before the appointment feeling all guilty. No more going to the doctor on rainy days unless I have no choice. I love the rain, but Wednesday was a total bummer for me. Good thing I did not have to go Thursday morning, it really poured diet Cokes then! Have a great weekend...Saint Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight Merlin,,Lola, PoPo, Fish Head one and Two.- Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John,.Eddie, Bambi, Bengy, Ricky, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on Monday. Later, Roger