By Roger the Scanner Guy
A few days ago a woman was hit by vehicle crossing lanes on the Castillo on-ramp suffering severe head injuries. Since then Folks I know have told me of two other instances of people crossing lanes on the freeway, cutting across highway 101, a very dangerous thing to do. One fella told me he saw a guy hop out of the center divider and bolt across a few days ago somewhere between Castillo and Milpas, the other was around Carrillo and Arrellaga. It don’t matter where it happens exactly, you hit someone going seventy, eighty miles per hour they are going to splatter like a water balloon all over your vehicle. If there is time enough to hit the brakes as many people would, it might cause a major accident injuring or even killing other people.
People not only cross the freeway for a short cut, some cross the freeway to do graffiti. We had a kid killed many years ago near Milpas doing that, I believe he was 10 years old. Since I lived here at least 4 pedestrians have died within a half-mile of my home being hit by vehicles on the freeway. One guy trying to cross by the Zoo, a female trying to get away from a guy in the bushes who was attempting to rape her that was the story happened directly behind my place about 15 years ago. Twenty plus years ago a guy running from the police was hit in the fast lane near the Northbound Milpas bridge. Then a young woman trying to get her Dog Southbound approaching Milpas street her and the dog both died that one got to me everyone was assuming she just ran out on the freeway to get to the other side while she was trying to catch her dog. I cannot tell people to slow down on the freeway. I hope people stop taking short cuts across the freeway for whatever reason going near the freeway on foot isn’t worth the chance they are taking. Taking a chance on killing themselves and messing up the poor soul that cannot stop in time and runs into them. Well since I’m hearing about it your hearing about it. It’s one of those things you warn people about over and over again they do it anyway thinking they will never get hit kinda like Drunk and DUI drivers who think they drive better under the influence then WHAM!………. HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Med call 600 Block of West Islay.
- Smoke check Calle Real at San Marcos.
- On a group at Vera Cruz Park.
- Check the Welfare of a HFA west bound on State street from Arrellaga appears under the influence.
- Water Main Break First Block of Via Alica.
- Fire reported out in the 200 Block of Meigs Road the fire was outdoors.
- Med call 1400 Block of Kenwood.
- Med Call 1500 Block of Garden street.
- Male using a large kitchen knife to cut something on the playground at Stevens Park not brandishing the knife. The reporting party thought it was kinda strange that this person was near the play structure with a large knife.
- Premises check at Oak Park.
- Code 2 Medic’s for a subject who has been drinking in the 200 Block of West Pine.
- Premises check Cacique Foot Bridge 1200 Block of East Cacique.
- Premises check McKinley School.
- Stuck elevator in the North Tower UCSB.
- North Side of town suicide by hanging.
- Check the welfare of a subject taking a bath outside of a van a gold Dodge Van in the 400 Block of Orella Del Mar.
- Wires Down Sunset Drive at Grove Lane, turned out to be cable.
- Suspicious male BMA wearing a white hoodie, driving a white vehicle in the 1200 Block of East Cacique street.
- Code 40, Drunk Sign in at the Sober center.
- 10851 Recovery theft of a trailer found in the 300 Block of North Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Non injury hit and run investigation 900 Block of East Yanonali.
- Unlocked vehicle rummaged through in the 800 Block of Spring Street.
- 23103 Reckless Prius no lights swerving got off at the 101 Northbound Carrillo offramp silver.
- Fire Department and Medic’s Staged for a Jumper on the cliffs in Carpinteria threatening to jump. I never heard the end of the call.
- In the 400 Block of State street a combative subject got wrapped….And That was That
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- 459pc Audible Alarm 1000 Block of Coast Village Road, no crime.
- Fall victim leg injury med call 200 Block of Eucalyptus Hill Drive
- Injury Traffic Accident Foothill at Willowglen.
- Highway 101 Northbound at Turnpike vehicle accident
- Highway 101 Southbound at Johnson Drive Riverbottom Ventura, Report of a fire.
- Overdose in the bathroom 501 Nino’s Drive Dwight Murphy Park Male down with another male dragging him.
- Smoke investigation highway 101 at Bates Smoke investigation.
- 459pc Burglary at Peabody Charter School 3018 Calle Noguera in a classroom.
- Injury traffic Accident 800 Block of Fellowship Road 2 vehicles.
- Wanted subject on a bicycle 4010 Calle Real on a bicycle wanted for beating an elderly woman.
- Injury traffic accident Anacapa at Los Olivos one vehicle on a sidewalk.
- 415pc Transient blocking the entrance to a business in the 1100 Block of Chapala.
- Med call State street at Figueroa street.
- 400 Block of State Street 3 Transients smoking marijuana then going into a business.
- Suspicious vehicle a Nissan in the 100 Block of Castillo I never heard why it was suspicious.
- 459pc Investigation McKinley School in the 300 Block of Loma Alta.
- Premises check Francheski Park.-
- ransient female disturbing at the UPS store in the 3900 Block of State street blocking the entrance etc leaving as police arrived.
- 415pc over a Grand Theft in the 899 Block of Weldon Road.
Will that is all for me now it’s pretty darn hot outside. My next Doctors appointment is on Halloweener kinda scary I’m supposed to meet my new doctor a Dr. Frankenstein I doubt if they find any good parts…Anyway Have a WONderful WEDnesday…Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads, One and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J.,Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Bengie, Rickie, Mrs. MacArthur David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry,LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger