By Roger the Scanner Guy
As I was listening to the Scanner on Saturday morning I heard a 211 Silent Panic Alarm call at a Home in Santa Barbara and listed it on the Scanner Reports. A couple minutes later I heard one of the responding Police Officers say something about the call then the dispatcher said that the Alarm Company reports that there is an Aggressive Male on the scene. I have never heard that before that I can remember. It turned out the ex-boyFIEND of the woman living in the home, he was in her home physically assaulting her and it was on the alarm, hopefully on Video, as the alarm company reported that there was an aggressive male in the home. He got away before police arrived but they know who he is. All I have on him is he drives a 2010 White Dodge Mini Van was born in 1965 making him 53ish years old clean shaven.
Thing is, if the woman did not have that alarm system in her home she could have been injured, worse, or dead. That Alarm system saved her life. I hear Alarm Calls all the time and really don’t think much about them, usually when the wind blows they go off everywhere, sometimes they are a pain in the ass. They do stop crime and save lives, if you have a reason to have one you should get one.
One reader was shocked to know that so many homes in the Santa Barbara area have alarm systems, that reader was a crook I found out later. I like posting them by block not address so it’s like playing bingo, break into the wrong house BINGO!!! Hopefully by posting the block alone that scares crooks away. Hopefully, the ex-boyFIEND will move on and leave this poor woman alone no one should have to walk on eggs cause some punk did not get his way, Even So Thank the Good Dog for that Alarm Service, if it wasn’t for them the SBPD could be investigating a much worse crime. To protect the identity of the victim involved in this crime I will not list the block involved it’s enough to say it occurred within the city limits of Santa Barbara.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- City lot 6 1200 Anacapa transients in the stairwell smoking H&S and refusing to leave.
- 415 Domestic verbal only 3900 Block of Via Lucero.
- Non-injury accident Garden at Gutierrez
- Premises check Walnut at the tracks
- Burglary for those of you that cannot figure out what a 459 is in the 100 Block of Holly. Some people need Mommy to hold their hands throughout their lives
- 261pc Rape investigation SBPD.
- 415 Subject challenging the reporting party in the 800 Block of East Carillo.
- Keep the Peace reporting party needs to pick up their property meet them at 29 North Milpas.
- 415 Larry at Cantwell’s he ripped off 2 Burritos on Thursday and he is back for more.
- 415 Transient disturbing at 1232 DLV.
- Vehicle thief captured at Bath and Haley after crashing into an innocent victims vehicle and trying to run from Da Law.
- Med Call at the probation office for someone who fainted.
- Trash Fire outside of the Balboa Building in the 700 Block of State street.
- Trespasser at the Clark Estate yelling.
- Fall victim at RaboBank 914 Carpinteria street.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle Hertz rent a car.
- Med Call subject going through DT’s at the Greyhound station on Chapala 200 Block.
- Subjects blocking the sidewalk with their property at Quarantina and Powers, muni code violation.
- Code 60 vehicle blocking 500 Block of Myrtle.
- Skateboarding gang type in lot 9.- Stairwell camper 9 East Pedregosa.
- Now sure which one, Thrift Shop but I think it’s the Old Town Goleta Shop where an intruder was chased down and captured by the police possibly the same person that has been stealing from the enclosed area where there are donations suspect a female.
- Kids throwing rocks at passing vehicles Turnpike and Hollister.
- Illegal burn bonfire on the beach at Thousand steps One Santa Cruz.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Non injury hit and run in a stolen vehicle suspects a male and young girl were last seen heading up a nearby creek, 300 Block of Hot Springs.
- Man seen going door to door on Calle Court in Santa Maria knocking on doors with a white sweatshirt pulled up over his head WMA turned out he was the water man.
- Med Call at the Californian 2225 DLV For a fall victim.
- 459 Audible burglary alarm in the 5500 Block of Somerset in Goleta.
- 415 Larry is Disturbing at Cantwells again WMA with white hair he ripped off 2 Burritos on Thursday and he is coming back for more but maybe not City PD caught up to him at the Gazebo at Alameda Park.
- Smoke investigation no fire Carrillo Underpass.
- 242 Assault suspect being followed into Pershing Park and around SBCC WMA blue jacket, Dodgers cap, beard, glasses not sure if police ever found him but they were looking.
- Transient at Taco Bell on Hollister throwing stuff and spiting on employees.
- 600 Block of Romero Canyon Road noise complaint operating outside of permits.
- Threats investigation 600 Block of West DLG.
- SBSO with 3 Subjects South of Fairview along the freeway Southbound one with warrants.
- Purse stolen from locked vehicle Las Positas at Cliff Drive.
- Door found open with screen off 2nd floor at 1034 Santa Barbara street Farmers Merchant.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly subject in the 700 Block of North Alisos.
- Med call infant choking 1500 Block of Elm
- 50 Year old male jackass kicked reporting parties dog at Wentworth and Coronel.
- Transient punched an MTD Bus windshield at State street and La Cumbre.
- 261 Rape investigation SBPD SB City Limits.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Found property 500 Block of West Sola.
- Keep the Peace while reporting party picks up property 400 Block of El Sueno.
- Rolling 415 Domestic in a black Dodge Durango on Edison in Buelleton male seen choking and beating the female in the vehicle
- 459 Burglary investigation 1200 Block of DLV.
- Med call 100 Block of Kinneman ill subject.
- Female refusing to leave reporting parties RV at Montecito and Quarantina.
- 415 Female who had been evicted came back to pound on everyones doors in the 100 Block of North La Cumbre.
- Med Call Biltmore for a Fall victim.
- Med call subject down inside of an elevator 617 Garden street.
- 415 Mother Son, 400 Block of Coronel
- 415 Domestic Verbal 600 Block of DLG.
- Vehicle repossession 5900 Block of Constellation in Santa Maria
- Follow Up on a previous criminal case 600 Block of West Carrillo
- Loud Music Complaint male playing guitar too loud
- Possible theft of money from a motel room in the 400 Block of Corona Del Mar
- 415 Family Domestic 800 Block of Cambria Way
- 242 Assault 500 Block of Fire Stone in Goleta.
Crime is slow on SUNday all the crooks are going to church to ask forgivness for the rest of the week maybe Anyway there have been alot of vehicle thefts lately so quit leaving your keys in the car and that won’t happen as much…I want to Thank Shore Bird for sending me the hat and neck warmer I wear them both to bed Thank You Very Much…:)Will that is all outta me for now Have a great MONday-MONday…Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Lola, PoPo, Andy, Tiny, Fish Head, One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Water, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will pee you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger