Scanner Reports 1-15-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
So on MONday, I was trying to clean up a few things around the yard. It's hard because the older I get the older I feel between my arthritis, injuries from falls, neuropathy, I'm pretty much shot I can do very little. I was talking to one of my neighbors and a Park Ranger showed up, he was talking with the neighbor about the neighbor's unique motorcycle then he turns to me and asked if I was Roger? I answered Yes. He told me he had a package of mine that was stolen off the front porch, he found it in a Homeless Mans grocery cart that was stolen from a store. I was expecting a package from Amazon, it was a gift from The Mars Company that produces the Cat Treat Temptations. I had wrote to them in hope that I could buy the treats directly from their company as Pet Smart on Milpas did not have the special Holiday Temptations and I knew Joey would want some. Instead of accepting payment the Mars company sent me two free 16 ounce containers of the treat, it was very nice of them, not so nice of the Homeless guy to steal the package off my porch. But then before he could sell the Temptations, Dave Bramsen, a park Ranger for the City of Santa Barbara discovered the stolen package in the stolen grocery cart hunted me down and returned it to me. A very kind gesture on his part. He not only did that but he contacted the police about the incident. I also have the man's name in case I decide to press charges but I have decided not to do that I got the stuff back.
What kind of cracks me up about the whole thing is that I was commenting on Facebook to others who disagree with me about the Homeless camps all over the place the ones that make Santa Barbara look like a junkyard. I was suggesting that maybe people in the city of Santa Barbara don't like the Homeless nor have compassion for them because of these camps among other things some of these Homeless advocates don't seem to give a shit about the camps either. It is the right of people who have no homes to sleep outside but it is no one's right to trash public spaces, and start fires that get out of control. I think even Mr. January would agree with me on this subject. I was pretty much condemned by these Homeless advocates for my opinion on the subject, some of them were blaming Union Pacific, Caltrans, even the Santa Barbara Police Department for the Junk Yard Camps. If it wasn't for Union Pacific, and Caltrans these camps would be where? Where would they be? Your guesses are as good as mine. I remember a little over 10 years ago now a group of Business people, A couple Police Officers on their Day off, 2 Candidates for City Council, 2 City Council members getting together with the US Navy to clean up the camp behind Tina's Nail Salon it was a horrible mess which included 30 gallons of feces in 5 gallon Buckets, among other disgusting things that normal campers bury. Not one Homeless Advocate on Scene helping to clean up the mess Where were they? They always seem to be around when the grant money comes in but not when a mess needs to be cleaned up they are no where to be seen or when a cooking fire/warming fire gets out of control where are they? Getting an award somewhere a pat on the back. I sure miss Ken Williams he was one of the purest down to earth men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, he cared about the homeless and the city of Santa Barbara there will never be another Ken Williams. Hopefully, somewhere in the future the city can hire a group of people that go around and clean up these camps that is the only solution I can see some people just want more money poured into their bottomless hole no pun intended much...Anyway HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS...
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- 4 Suspicious Subjects in a black Fiat parked in front of a house in the 400 Block of Dibblee reporting party said something about one of the subjects in their yard. Police respond vehicle registered to the 1100 Block of Carpinteria Avenue.
- 911 Hang Up no answer on call back Villa Rosa Hotel 15 Chapala street
- Med call 500 Block of North Milpas street.
- 415pc Unknown Type 1200 Block of Chapala.
- Grey purse found on Chapala missed address 1400 Block maybe.
- Illegal Burn in a local park and a sidewalk.
- Med call 2900 Block of Hermosa Road.
- Med Call 2000 Block of Elise Way.
- Check the Welfare of someone not heard from in a while 400 Block of East Cota.
- 242pc Investigation Alameda Park head injury 100 Block of East Sola in the gazebo
- 200 Block of State street Premises check.
- Med call Cabrillo and Milpas street.
- Medical call 1100 Block of East Mason.
- Burglary investigation 300 Block of West Figueroa
- Medical call with PD response 2700 Block of DLV.
- 2 Stabbings near Ortega Park.
- Medical Emergency 2600 Block of Tallant Road.
- Van One heading to County Jail with a screaming female I heard her all the way over here.
- Drunk Driver in custody at Cottage Hospital.
- Suspicious Circumstances 1000 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Smoker smoking a cigarette illegally First Block of West Padre.
- 415pc Investigation 500 Block of Miramonte.
- Shoplifter in Custody Macys 3805 State street
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Modoc at Eucalyptus.
- 484pc Theft from a locked vehicle.
- Stray Dog Constance at Anacapa
- Illegal Campers on Red Rose on the Mesa
- CSI Unknown Call Indio and Milpas street
- Traffic Accident one driver does not have a CDL Quarantina and Nopolitos.
- Report of structure fire full response 7200 Santa Rosa Road
- Wires down 1300 Block of Kenwood turned out to be a cable wire
- Medical Call 1600 Block of Bath Street.
- Fire Alarms no fire 1114 State street. I did not hear of a fire there.
- Unknown type 415pc on Broodmar Plaza First Block.
- Premises check 2900 Block of Cliff Drive
- Chase Palm Park Premises check.
- Medical call 45 East Alamar Medical Call.
- Suspicious Circumstances near JJ's Liquor reporting party stated he heard a female scream then saw a man wearing a red backpack jump over a fence from where he heard the scream, he gave chase the male ran toward Amtrak. Police checked the area found nothing called the call Unfounded.
- 415pc Domestic 300 Block of East Micheltorena.
- 415pc Between neighbors in the 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- Med call Fall Victim 1800 Block of Barker Pass Road.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Fire Alarms ringing did not hear there was a fire 1400 Block of Linden.
- Check the Welfare of a subject standing in Traffic at 5 points Black male adult.
- 820 State street CSI call.
- Burglary on Chapala missed 100 Block.
The No Good Deed goes Unpunished I smashed the same finger again Damn! Will have a Wonderful WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby Pooh Bear,Tom Cat, Tomicina, Clancy, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!,Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mark, Willie, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen,Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, Chris, and Liza (who passed away on Tuesday) Willing We will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger