Scanner Reports 1-15-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I don't want to be sad but I am sad, I cannot stop thinking about Montecito and the people that live there and how bad I feel for them. I don't blame any of them for not evacuating, no one in their wildest imaginations thought that something on this scale would happen, had they I'm sure they would have got out one way or the other even the elderly who had no vehicle. They could have called for help out the SBSO and SBPD, and firefighters were warning everyone. I'm sure some left the Mandatory evacuation zone. From what I have heard the area that was hit was only under a Warning, not a Mandatory evacuation zone. All these folks had just evacuated during the Thomas Fire were being told there might be a mudslide in some areas but the folks just under the Warning of I'm sure thought the same others would, after all, it was a warning.
I'm from the Mid West we get Tornado Warnings all the time back there, some folks heed them and go into the basement but many others continue on with their day like nothing is happening. Once one does not heed a warning and is caught in a Tornado they usually heed a tornado warning the next time. I was a few hundred feet from one once, was slightly injured. Storms scare the hell out me now though. I think I might not have evacuated under a Warning in Montecito like others. There are a lot of Conspiracy Theories floating around the internet about California Disasters, then there's the wacko self-proclaimed Christians who say since we don't agree with the saint in the White House, God is punishing us. Some of these Weirdo's are Happy we are finally getting ours. I'm not sure what God they are worshiping but I have never seen a statement in the bible saying "God is Hate." I have however seen "God is Love" in there. When I go from this life I don't want to go to the "God is Hate" place if it even exists. God did not do this, that is like blaming global warming and saying it's Trump's fault because he shit canned all of the research on global warming and refuses to admit it exists. It was a Horrible disaster that happened here, the 200 Year Storm, someone says if it happens again we should be better prepared for it. Even with all the warnings in place improvements in our drainage system the same thing could happen again there could be disaster and loss of life it's the way of the world, Mother Nature. Still I am very sad and I think I will be sad for some time.
Here are your scanner reports, Friday:
- Most of what has been going on in Montecito is people evacuating out, some going back in for personal needs
- 500 Block of San Ysidro evacuation 2 people.
- Escort assistance from Seaview Montecito Shores.
- Evacuation needed for a subject with a broken leg 600 Block of Picacho Lane.
- Evacuation assist 1400 Block of Wyatt Road.
- Ortega Hill at Sheffield evacuation request.
- Check the Welfare of a subject living at Montecito Shores.
- Family evacuation 2000 Block of Creekside Road.
- Attempt child abduction Santa Cruz Market 300 Block of West Montecito, and McKinley School Subject caught at 7-11 331 West Montecito.
- Check the Welfare of residents in the 2900 Block of Tartio.
- Premises check Vera Cruz park.
- Elderly male at the SBPD wants to turn in 4 guns.
- 1036 Frank vehicle possibly stolen pulled over with 4 subjects in it at First East Mason, 4 in custody.
- SR-192 at Ladera code 3 Medics not sure if it was an injury or illness.
- Medical call unknown type 2000 Block of Castillo.
- Traffic Accident Las Positas at McCall.
- Traumatic injury Patterson at Hollister.
- Check the Welfare of a subject in the 1300 Block of Wyatt Road.
- Burglary to a garage with suspect info 100 Block of West Mason.
- Medical call choking 200 Block of West Mission.
- Medical call for a subject with facial injuries at the Arlington SBPD on scene.
- Starring the Ortega Park Beer Drinkers at the Basketball courts.
- Assault with a knife First Block of South Soledad 5 Gang Types in their 20's vs a 13 year old girl.
Here are your scanner reports, Saturday
- Medical call Villa Santa Barbara 227 East Anapamu.
- Medical Call Wood Glen Hall on Foothill.- Drone in the air 1200 Block of East Valley Road.
- Domestic 200 Block of West Victoria.
- Premises check 1036 East Cabrillo
- Media is in the 100 Block of Olive Mill Road.
- Female yelling disturbing in Bohnett Park
- Field supervisor requested 1700 Block of East Mountain Drive.
- Suspicious vehicle SBCC property.
- Evacuation request 1500 Block of East Valley Road.
- State street Southbound offramp ill subject.
- Petrini's Embezellment 14 Calle Laurles.
- Transient disturbing at Amtrak 209 State street
- 800 Block of Ladera Lane Evacuation assistance.
- Code 2 Medical Call Linden at Sandy Land in Carpinteria.
- Mister Green Pants reported as a possible looter San Benito at Olive Mill Road wearing green pants waders, duct tape around the ankles WMA in his 50's Last seen Eastbound on Olive Mill Road.-
- Coyote at Mountain possible gas release.
- Firefighter investigating possible De Comp in the area I assume that to be a body did not hear if one was found there.
- Water main break 400 Block of Quinto street.
- Drunk driver in a silver Altima 100 Block of Castillo street female.
- Domestic 1800 Block of San Andres.
- Smoke odor outside Sycamore Canyon at APS no fire.
- Smoldering trash can 118 East Figueroa engine one responded.
- minivani van Eastbound on Pedregosa New Jersey plates DUI Driver weaving female.
- Vehicle Fire 200 Block of Remido Road owner put it out before Fire department arrived it was an engine compartment fire.
- Check the welfare of an animal locked in a vehicle 800 Block of Chapala.
- Fight, Father and Son 800 Block of West Arrellaga.
Here are your scanner reports, Sunday:
- Suspicious vehicle tan Jeep Cherokee in Montecito dumped trash in someone's bushes and told them it was something else possibly water. But it was trash people inside the jeep were thought to be campers jeep was pulled over female had a record of probation and acouple alias either way they was checked out.
- Suspicious people in the first block of Humphrey described as potential looters SBSO had already checked out code 4 all was well
- Non injury hit and run investigation Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- vehicle accident in the 4400 Block of Hollister.
- Requesting a supervisor near the railroad tracks.
- Medical call 500 Block of Hot Springs.
- Medical call 100 Block of West Victoria.
- Broken finger woman's lounge 3rd floor of Nordstroms 17 West Canon Perdido.
- SBPD on a group at Dwight Murphy.
- Evacuation assist 900 Block of Ladera Lane.
- 5500 Block of Foxen Canyon Santa Maria vehicle accident.
- Check the Welfare of residents in the 300 Block of San Ysidro Lane.
- Medical emergency 3000 Block of Eucalyptus Hill female with back pain.
- Responders need help removing media again at San Ysidro Ranch.-
- 2 Males chasing each other Islay at San Andres.
- Woman heard screaming and yelling for help in the 2500 Block of DLV.
- Assault 1200 Block of Chino, argurment over money victim put in a choke hold.
That is all outta me for now Have a good MONday-MONday....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Midnight, Merlin, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J. Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Jim, Diana, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Ricky, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger
Jan 15, 2018 08:58 AM
You are not alone, Roger. We are a community. We are all hurting for those we travel next to every day. We may not know each others' names, but we are all living with the same horror, whether we call home Carpinteria, Summerland, Montecito, Santa Barbara, or Goleta. Be strong. There is strength in community.
Jan 15, 2018 09:23 AM
Roger, I think we all feel like you do. The more information we get and the farther it is from the shock of Tuesday morning, the worse it seems to be. More than can be absorbed, almost surreal in the horror if it. Growing up and hearing Grandma's stories about the 1914 flood, and remembering the 1969 one and neither came remotely close to the destruction of this one.One thing is for sure, Montecito will never again be the place we remember.
Jan 15, 2018 12:54 PM
Will the gov. did a quick response time we have the Navy, CoastGuard, FEMA They got here pretty quick but yea the Prez Not saying anything some of his followers have hateful things to say. I 'd like to give them a Hawaiian Punch....Dip Sticks. Some people in the rest of the world care my sister used to live here and she is heart broken though she lives in Flordia her heart will always be here.