Prepare Now for Winter Storms

Source: City of Goleta

The weather outside is not yet frightful, but in anticipation of storms this winter, the City wants to help you be prepared. Get more information on winter storm preparedness and resources here: www.cityofgoleta.org/projects-programs/emergency-preparedness/winter-storm-preparedness.

It is important to stay informed. Follow these steps to sign up for emergency alerts regarding winter storm impacts including street closures and important detours:

a-1511449839 Nov 02, 2017 09:20 PM
Prepare Now for Winter Storms

It's time for all Trolls like 420722 to return to the Northern wall for the Winter.

a-1511449839 Nov 02, 2017 08:50 AM
Prepare Now for Winter Storms

It is very comforting to know that we will have a nice wet winter this year! All of the plants and animals will be spoooo happy, and my native plant garden will get a good soaking. Even after our rain barrels fill, we will still conserve water and not waste it and everything. My neighbor still waters his backyard lawn which is out of public view....I think he should be ashamed.

yin yang Nov 02, 2017 06:47 PM
Prepare Now for Winter Storms

my post disappeared. This poster may well be mocking me, as I often talked about my rain barrels. So did several others. Well done! :-)

yin yang Nov 02, 2017 06:43 PM
Prepare Now for Winter Storms

This was a reply to post of 9:20 a.m. Never know where a "reply" on Edhat will end up.

a-1511449839 Nov 02, 2017 11:17 AM
Prepare Now for Winter Storms

on the internet it's known as values signaling . like hey look at me I'm better than you.

a-1511449839 Nov 02, 2017 09:29 AM
Prepare Now for Winter Storms

The only person who should be ashamed is the one anonymously detailing online how "perfect" they are by listing all the conservation methods they are taking. Yuck.

shorebird Nov 02, 2017 08:01 AM
Prepare Now for Winter Storms

My plan is that if we have rain I’m going to go outside and dance in it. (Retroactive rain dancing works every time. )

CitizenSane Nov 01, 2017 08:07 PM
Prepare Now for Winter Storms

Fire Station 11 (6901 Frey Way and Storke Road just south of Santa Felicia, across from the main post office) Fire Station 14 (320 Los Carneros Road next to the Stow House Museum lot) Goleta Valley Community Center (5679 Hollister Avenue)