Police Helicopter over San Roque? title=

By an edhat reader

Anyone know why a police copter has been hovering over San Roque for the past 5-10 minutes?

Update by an edhat reader

I saw (probably) the same helicopter that there were comments about. It was circling around the Mesa area around for quite a bit 12pm. It was hard to tell what kind of helicopter it was but here's a grainy photo that might help people figure out what kind it was

a-1573663744 Apr 02, 2018 09:49 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

This helicopter flew and hovered so low over my house that the bushes swayed from the air generated by the rotors. It was only near my house in San Roque for a very short time then moved on. I was unable to see the helicopter, I didn't want to go outside fearing some type of law enforcement activity was going on.

tagdes Apr 02, 2018 08:09 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

With the updated photo and checking the KEYT link there is no doubt that the photo is an OH 58A Kiowa which is the smaller sheriffs' helo. The new photo is not of a Huey in which I flew in as a "grunt" during the Vietnam war. I saw the Kiowa overhead just a couple of days ago and it appeared to still be black and white, but at a distance they could have painted it traditional sheriffs' green and white.

a-1573663744 Apr 02, 2018 04:57 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

Here's what it looked like - https://goo.gl/images/KXt8RR ------------------- it could have been dark green or navy, not sure.

tagdes Apr 02, 2018 06:01 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

OK now we're getting somewhere, dark green with gold trim and white belly is SB Co. sheriffs' copter 3, their best, a restored '60's UH 1 Super Huey. The reason I asked is the only local copter with any blue is County Fire copter 308, white with blue diagonal stripes. Sheriffs' also have a smaller black and white one and CHP is is an even smaller black and white one.

a-1573663744 Apr 02, 2018 04:54 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

What other helicopter would it be? It was navy with a white belly and was definitely not a hallucination....

tagdes Apr 02, 2018 04:50 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

Well first of all there are no police copters anywhere near here. So without a true description... could only be sheriff or CHP and nothing heard on the sheriffs' channel and CHP presence here being extremely rare it was likely nothing.

tagdes Apr 02, 2018 05:45 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

That's fine , I was not here then, got home at 2:45 and heard nothing from then on. I was responding to the " still there at 3:30 " So you are agreeing ... not there at 3:30.

a-1573663744 Apr 02, 2018 04:50 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

TADGES - I work near San Roque and was watching it hover and move around for about 10-15 minutes today at around 12:30.

tagdes Apr 02, 2018 04:41 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

Is it police... that was the question and there have been no copters at all to be heard in from east San Roque and we have the windows open and can always hear them from Alamar to La Cumbre.

a-1573663744 Apr 02, 2018 02:34 PM
Police Helicopter over San Roque?

Just an FYI, this was first sent at around 12:30 today. The chopper is long gone now.