Issues with Cox Landline?

Reads 2047

By an edhat reader

Our landline phone service is through Cox.   Two people have told us that they have tried to contact our landline from their landline and the phone rings and rings and then they give up.   However, they can contact us without problems from their cell phones.   One of these people uses Frontier and the other uses Quantum Link.    I do not know how many other people have had similar experiences but have not had the occasion to speak to me in person about the problem.

According to the Cox website, these calls never existed.   I have had two Cox technicians up to our house, and they say that the other companies are using outdated equipment, which does not always communicate with Cox's.   I do not know what the other companies' story is.

The bottom line is that our local landline service is unreliable.   People in the local community should be alerted to this problem. What should one do?   Contact the PUC?

Red Creek Jun 24, 2018 10:21 AM
Issues with Cox Landline?

We do not use the Cox landline except for occasional outgoing after experiencing similar problems early on. Invest in an iphone 7 or higher. You'll be amazed and pleased at not only the phone and texting services but GPS, photo etc.

a-1542519796 Jun 24, 2018 10:04 AM
Issues with Cox Landline?

A few weeks ago I was told that my landline did not answer. Several calls from the same person. Otherwise no issues.

leticia Jun 24, 2018 08:55 AM
Issues with Cox Landline?

Voice mail on our land line went dead yesterday. I have messages but can not access them. Very frustrating.

betsy920 Jun 24, 2018 08:30 AM
Issues with Cox Landline?

Sometimes the lines go dead but it is usually related to work being done on the lines. There was a fire in one of the large poles and for months afterward the line went dead a lot. Now there is work being done on Cabrillo and when I call on my cell they tell me about the lines being down certain hours to get the work done. My computer which is also Cox and TV have gone down too. For the most part it is not for too long but it is frustrating....for sure

oceandrew Jun 24, 2018 08:26 AM
Issues with Cox Landline?

Yes, there are times when my Cox landline goes dead. It's not often but if I depended on the calls for business or important information from loved ones I'd be pissed. But the same thing can happen with cell service. NO ONE provides a 100% reliable service ALL THE TIME. And of course Cox is going to blame the other guy... that's the new normal.

CCHandyMan Jun 24, 2018 07:43 AM
Issues with Cox Landline?

We also had some issues along these same lines when porting our phone number from Frontier to Comcast/Xfinity. After 2 weeks with no resolution we filed a complaint with the FCC at this website - https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us. The problem originated with frontier as they did not complete the porting process correctly but they kept telling us that they had done everything right. WRONG. The problem was handled extremely efficiently and out phone service was fully restored within 2 days.

sbsweetpea Jun 24, 2018 06:30 AM
Issues with Cox Landline?

I don't have Cox for phone service but have had terrible issues with Frontier for my land line. Always a lot of static. I have had them out here 3 times still not working properly.