By an edhat subscriber

Did anyone else hear multiple rounds of fireworks on the Westside Wednesday night? There were very loud booms heard near Islay and Chino. I'm assuming they were fireworks but if anyone else heard it perhaps they can confirm?

contraryMary Aug 17, 2017 01:10 PM
Fireworks on the Westside?

They were incredibly loud booms. I hope they were fireworks, but I didn't see any flashes or lights, just heard and felt the explosions.

a-1503002662 Aug 17, 2017 01:44 PM
Fireworks on the Westside?

I am shocked an appalled that the west side residents didn't receive adequate warning and notification. The city should be ashamed.

a-1503003680 Aug 17, 2017 02:01 PM
Fireworks on the Westside?

Warning and notification of what? There was no City-sponsored firework show. I'm hoping your comment is in jest....

ZeroHawk Aug 17, 2017 03:34 PM

lol!!!
*applause* this person gets it....and this is a response to the hundreds of whiners and wankers regarding the actual planned and scheduled firework show for SBCC/Music Academy of the West a few weeks ago. I'm still embarrassed for those who complained....seriously get a grip...

d8vanilla Aug 17, 2017 03:04 PM
Fireworks on the Westside?

Yes, I heard them too. I'm on San Andres, near the laundromat. Two BIG booms... I was wondering what that was. Waited to hear sirens, but there wasn't any.

a-1503015217 Aug 17, 2017 05:13 PM
Fireworks on the Westside?

Islay at San Andres sounded like it blew up in my back yard woke me up last night... than this AM heard jackhammering at 7am & they just repaved all the street recently

Flicka Aug 18, 2017 09:19 AM
Fireworks on the Westside?

City ashamed for something they likely knew nothing about going on at the Westside? Have to blame someone?

Lucky 777 Aug 18, 2017 10:38 AM
Fireworks on the Westside?

I'm in Valerio Canyon by Elings and I thought there was a shotgun fired twice .... very loud.

EastBeach Aug 18, 2017 11:27 AM
Fireworks on the Westside?

I've never heard of Valerio Canyon but don't live in that part of town. Is that an official name on a map, or just a name local residents use?

laughing Aug 18, 2017 03:01 PM
Fireworks on the Westside?

been here 45 yrs and I'm ok with Valerio canyon afterall that is what that portion is. Isnt that where they grow that Valerio Mello ?

420722 Aug 18, 2017 01:41 PM
Fireworks on the Westside?

I'm a local (like a real born at Cottage local) and I've never heard of the elings area referred to as valerio canyon it's usually called hidden valley but I learn something new everyday so this may be the name. I live nearby though and don't see signs or maps that indicate Valerio canyon. Hmm.