Winner Announced in 2022 Fall Foto Contest!
By the edhat staff
It's the first day of December and the offical first day of winter is December 21. So let's celebrate the last few weeks of Fall by announcing the winners and honorable mentions of our Fall Foto Contest.
Santa Barbara has so many amazing photographers, from amateur to professional and everything in between, and our local landscape is often putting on a stunning show. So you can only imagine all the great photos we received.
At edhat HQ there were two photos that stood out and we debated which should win first place for quite a while. Alas, there can only be one winner so with that said...
Congratulations to Doreen Edwards! They submitted the below photo titled East Camino Cielo's Fog Blanket Sunset.
East Camino Cielo's Fog Blanket Sunset (Photo by Doreen Edwards)
The edhat staff commented on the quality of the photo and the beautiful play of light and fog. Well done Doreen! You have won yourself a $50 gift card to a local business of your choosing.
Because we had so many great entries, Ed decided to name a runner-up who will win an edhat tshirt! Congratulations to Hunter Buur for their photo of Butterfly Beach, seen below.
Butterfly Beach (Photo: Hunter Buur)
Congratulations to all of our winners and below to fantastic photos that deserve an honorable mention.
Autumn Leaves Under the Halloween Half-Moon by Joel Ross
A special feature of Fall is that the sun shifts its arc to the South, which places sunsets over the ocean rather than the mountains (at least on the Mesa). The persistent marine layer also dissipates, giving a clear view of the Channel Islands. This photo was taken November 10 at the Douglas Preserve showing two people enjoying the splendor of a Fall sunset. [By Jack Eisenhauer]
Sunday Morning by Ian Stowers
Veronica Place by Roisin
Locals sunning themselves in the early morning Fall sunshine on the Santa Barbara Breakwater at the Marina while the tenders boats bring passengers ashore from the Royal Princess Cruise ship by Antonia Guerrero.
Alice Keck Park by Marbea Kennedy
Ellswood Grove, Goleta by Ray Kirk
Goleta Beach by Lori Dominguez
By the edhat staff
We're getting close to Winter, so let's celebrate with a Fall season photo contest!
Fall is a lot of people's favorite season for a number of reasons. Let us count the ways.
- Sweaters and light coats (in California)
- Slightly cooler temperatures (buh-bye heat waves!)
- Pumpkin flavored everything
- Holiday music and decorations
- Work/School breaks, food and sweet treats, and best of all...presents!
- The pace slows for all of us to enjoy time with loved ones.
With that said, it's time to celebrate the beloved season.
There are a lot of amazing photographers in our local area, amateur and professional alike, so let's celebrate your skill by showcasing the local area! The rules are simple, send us a "fall themed" photo by November 20th for a chance to win a prize. One photo per person, and the it must be captured within Santa Barbara County.
Once all the photos are received, they'll be posted on edhat and social media for all to see. Likes and votes will be taken into account, although the edhat staff will ultimately determine the winner (we can be bribed with flattery). The winning photo will be announced on December 1st.
HERE ARE THE RULES:
- All are welcome to play! One photo per person, no multiple submissions
- The photo must be captured in Santa Barbara County.
- Send your photo to email@example.com with the subject line "Fall Foto Contest."
- Photo must be received by November 20th at 10:00 p.m. and include your name and the location of the photo.
- Important: The photo MUST be your photo, not someone else's. By submitting your photo, you give edhat permission to republish it and use throughout edhat.com and social media channels. Credit will always be given to you, the photographer.
The winner will win edhat merchandise and a $50 gift card to a local business.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy photography'ing!