Scanner Reports 9-3-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
The kitchen faucet is about 5 feet away from me and dripping. I dislike the sound because now I have to go pick something up at the hardware store in a day or two to stop it, until then it will be a constant reminder that I have to go get something to fix it. I'll have to take the bus because I cannot walk very far anymore, there are other things I need too: filters for my Shark vacuum, a Toilet seat, a French Press. Then I have to start cleaning my place which is hard to do being between the tracks and the freeway. It gets full of dust but at least for now I still have a place so though I have to maintain my little place I'm very grateful for it. I cannot wait for the French Press because I'll be able to get some kick-ass coffee out of it. While it's not entirely the greatest beverage in the world to drink for ones health it's one of my vices and I'm NOT giving it up so BACK OFF!
I don't hurt anyone when I drink too much coffee I just stare, sometimes I get anxiety but I still love the taste of a good cup of hot black coffee...Drip...Drip...Drip.. The faucet agrees with me. I ran into a friend the other day in front of Rite Aid on South Milpas. I haven't seen in many years her name is Bonnie and she is one of Little Audrey's daughters. Little Audrey of Little Audrey's coffee shop Santa Barbara's favorite in the Day. I still miss those thick coffee cups they were real. After Audrey left her shop she and her daughters went to Garretts at State and Mission streets. I worked 2 Doors down at Heads about the rest as a janitor and kind of a gopher for the owner Jacques. We all had a little community there as there were several stores besides Garretts and we all ate lunch at Garretts. I actually lived in the salon at the time too as the town Drunk no one else wanted me. Jacques didn't want me either but he had a heart of gold so he put up with me. Audrey wanted to kick my ass most of the time especially after I moved her antique Jim Beam whiskey bottles and broke a whole set. I think they were worth 23,000 Thousand dollars I should have licked it up off the ground that would have been some good whiskey. Accidents happen and Audrey wanted one to happen to me after that for a while anyway, she forgave me. She never hired me to move anything again though. Debbie Moore who recently passed had a store there Up Town Thrift Store, there was a carpet store there, a gun shop, and a Tattoo Parlor we were all kinda happy together there on the corner of State and Mission at one time all of the buildings were attached to the AAA movie studios. Me being the Odd one had a bunch of Odd jobs Maintenance, Gardening, painting, moving stuff around for the property owner. I also detailed and washed vehicles for the whole neighborHOOD. I got so much work that a couple local detail businesses sent thugs to put me out of business but they had a change of heart. I made pretty good money under the table but I worked all the time sometimes 16- 18 hours a day with very little sleep. When it was hot outside I'd sweat really hard to the point it was painful skin rubbing together in places if you know what I mean especially being big so at night I'd sleep on a sleeping bag on the floor naked behind a fan which was on full blast-exposed to dry so I would not be sore the next morning. What I did not know is that the other employees directed the spotlights which were on at night to the area I slept naked so if someone was walking past the store there I was. This went on for sometime till Debbie told me she was coming out of her store one night and there I was modeling she teased me about that for along time. This was in the early stages of the Internet Thank the Good Dog! Or I'd be plastered all over the place. Bonnie said Everyone is Gone now, I agreed Family, Friends, Loved Ones I miss those old days I'd much rather live in the past than the present those days were real and so are my memories, and good friends like Bonnie, the others are just on the other side I truly believe we will see them again...For some people their version of Heaven is solid gold streets that lead to gigantic mansions and unlimited riches mine is a hot cup of coffee with good friends at Garretts with Little Audrey pouring it and giving me The Look. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Gold Prius Traffic Stop First West Montecito.
- Suspicious Male hanging out near the ATM 834 State street.
- SBPD was trying to locate a wanted 242 Assault suspect on the West Side they did not have to try for long they found him. I think he became combative and they had to restrain him.
- Reckless Blue Dodge Ram crossing over into oncoming traffic 300 Block of South Milpas.
- Illegal burn smoke check 6500 Block of Trigo.
- Somewhere there was a Mountain Lion sighting never heard where.
- Stolen rental vehicle 2500 Block of Modoc the boyFIEND took his Woman Friends rental cal after a 415 Domestic.
- Two Drunk parents on East Beach associated with a car and a 2 year old child involved in a 415 Domestic, the female parent struck the male parent not sure what happened there.
- Injury traffic accident 500 Block of South Salinas.
- Suspicious vehicle in the area of 80 Zaca street large white truck with tool boxes.
- Missing female juvenile born in 2005 from Carpinteria thought to be heading to the East Side of Santa Barbara 5'4, 145 Black over Brown white blue striped shirt, black leggings. Don't know if they caught up with her yet.
- 2 Construction workers on a roof fighting with hammers on Via Carmel wrote just the way I heard it.
- Drunk in the street drinking beer on Ellwood Beach Drive.
- 415 Domestic 4300 Block of Beverly.
- Check the Welfare of a subject slumped over the wheel at Waller and Country Club possibly in possession of a gun, heard no more.
- Code 2 Medics to Lake Cachuma for med call dislocated knee.
- Assault victim in Santa Ynez Cottage being combative.
- 415 There was a fight but not any more 1800 Block of Loma.
- Public assist vehicle possibly hit a waterline in the 100 Block of South Fairview.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- 415 Domestic Son yelling at parents becoming threatening thinking everyone is out to get him 500 Block of East DLG Transported to Cottage, Cares called.
- SBPD on a subject with a possible stolen electric bicycle Cabrillo at State street, surrounding areas.
- Drug activity in a white station wagon at McDonalds in the parking lot 3940 State street.
- Highway 166 at Kirshman brush fire.- Med call 1800 Chino fall victim.
- Structure Fire 3000 Foothill.
- County 10-8-51 "915" on the plate grey Chevy Surburban stolen by family member did not hear address.
- Group of Drunks 700 Block of East Haley.
- Group of code 40, Drunks disturbing 200 Block of South Milpas.
- 459 Audible alarm First block of La Vista Grande.
- Check the Welfare of someone not heard from in a while in the 1100 Block of San Andres.
- Premise check 2100 Block of Oak Park.
- Electric bicycle ripped off First West Guiterrez orange mountain bike knobby tires.
- Check the welfare of a subject in the 500 Block of Bath street.
- Elder Abuse investigation 800 Block of Bond Place.
- Subject refusing to leave Goleta Beach being 415 with the ranger WMA wearing a top hat driving a grey BMW Oregon plates.
- Theft investigation 1000 Block of Castillo.
- Missing kids 300 Block of South Voluntario found a while later in the 800 Block of East Yanonali, possible child endangerment issue.
- Homeless male exposing himself and urinating 290 Storke Road.
- Med call for a subject bleeding at Fuel Depot on Turnpike.
- Road Rage suspect fleeing in a black Honda East Bound on Micheltorena from San Andres after throwing a tube of Lip Stick at the reporting party.
- 415 Domestic possible vehicle stolen in the 2400 Block of De La Vina
- Corn Vendor Gillespie and Anapamu.
- Attempt 459 Burglary to a vehicle 600 Block of West Sola.
- Theft of groceries from Trader Joes 3025 De La Vina.
- Minor injury accident young boy with leg pain involving 2 vehicles Coast Village Roundabout.
- Medical for a male in a wheelchair 500 Block of State UNresponsive he was sleeping.
- Possible overdose at the Amtrak Station 209 State street female was on the ground UNresponsive woke up and locked herself in the bathroom pretty sure she came out rightaway heard no more
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Subjects 2 refusing to leave 7-11 331 West Montecito.
- Subject refusing to leave another 7-11 3430 State street.
- 415 Subject challenging others to fight in front of the Rescue Mission 535 East Yanonali BMA.
- Check the welfare of a subject not answering their phone in the 5300 Block of Hollister.
- 459 Audible alarm on Huntington Road.
- Check the Welfare of a female under the influence of drugs inside of Calvery Chapel she was found in the 400 Block of Quarantina and checked on.
- 415 Domestic between Mother and Son possibly physical 500 Block of West Canon Perdido in a residence.
- Road Rage victim followed to Tuckers Grove by aggressor CHP responded heard no more.
- 415 Fight between 2 Adult juveniles both had clubs one had a knife one said he was assaulted but refused medics heard no more at LOOKOUT! Park.
- Juveniles smoking marijuana behind a building in the 100 Block of Camino De Vida.
- 415 Domestic 6500 Block of Del Playa male broke into ex girl friends residence through a window was shoving her and attempting to prevent her from leaving.
- Overdose 2500 Block of Mesa School Lane.
- Near the 217 Highway report of a Homeless Encampment I thought I heard them say near a Lagoon but that can't be the Lagoon is in Santa Barbara near Lake Arrellaga.
- Premise check Stevens Park.
- 415 Neighbors with no bong 300 Block of West Mission.
- Foxen Canyon Road at Olivera Canyon Road vehicle accident 2 Motorcycles unknown if injury.
- Arm injury Skaters Point 100 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Premises check at Dwight Murphy Park.
- Code 60 Vehicle blocking 433 Corona Del Mar black Nissan Rogue.
- Medical Call Linden at Carpinteria in Carpinteria I did not hear what kind of injury.
Possible Shoplifters 2 of them inside Vons Turnpike Employees waiting at the door. I'd hate to be them reminds me of the time I went into Scolari's on Milpas I had an overcoat on I had just purchased, my Medical pot and had my hands in my pockets because I was afraid it might fall out of my pocket. I got outside the door and four employees grabbed me physically demanding I take my hands out of my pockets so I pulled out my weed. They were so disappointed that I did not rip them off I tried to explain I was afraid of losing the weed they were kinda mean I think they were jealous. Will that is all outta me for now my poor Fish Head 2 is still ill I keep trying different things to fix him up I'm going to try another salt dip tomorrow hopefully that will do the trick! I hope so....Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J.,Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry,,Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Ricky, Bengy, Eddie, Bambi, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Poe, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! Lafayette, Ted, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, Patrick, Christy, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger