Scanner Reports 8-30-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Had a friend stop by the other day just to see how I'm getting along with my leg and general health wondering why I'm such a grouch on Facebook. When you're not in tip-top shape and you're in pain sometimes you're a grouch. He said he had a little spare time to visit so he thought he'd come by. I said you must have some spare change if you have spare time "Do you have some spare change?" I asked he got an uncomfortable look on his mug and I said I'm just kidding. He had a couple guys with him and one fella looked kinda uncomfortable course he was between me and him and here I am bigger than the Sun wearing a bright Tie Dye shirt and my bellowing voice. Poor guy was jumpy realizing something was going on, I tried to drop my volume a bit.
A moment later the guy said he needed to get out of the truck, he walked over and sat down next to Joey Cannoli, then the poor fella fell over and had a seizure. Peter got out of his truck with the other guy turned him to his side and just made sure he didn't get hurt, I stood over shading them since I'm big I'm good for that wasn't much else I could do in my state. It bought back the memory of my Gal who had epilepsy and lost her life to it. I felt for a second I might cry but something stopped me maybe her spirit so I stood there and prayed something I don't do much. I remembered all the times I have seen others comforted by the love of other humans, the Firefighter from Station 2 cradling a dying man who had just been hit by an Amtrak train at Milpas and the tracks the man was a drunken transient but the Firefighter didn't care. Years before that I saw a Santa Barbara Police Officer holding a dying man who had been attacked near Cacique and Milpas, and another Santa Barbara cop I saw do CPR and give another transient mouth to mouth on the 101 Milpas off-ramp, bring the man back to life. There is a gift there more important than anything when you can observe the love from one human to another comforting someone in their greatest time of need. I am forever grateful for having observed these things.
After a while the man came out of the seizure and felt better, Peter and the other guy helped the fella to the truck and they left. I noticed Joey hiding in the bushes walked over and gave him a good rub as he was with Belinda when she passed away. I'm sure he was feeling down too Animals have feelings too.
THURSday Morning opened up Craiglist Free Ads. I like to read them see the kinds of things people give away and there in the middle of the page a 14-Year-old Female cat who's Human passed away at Mara Villa they are looking for a Furever home for this poor Kitty who is an indoor kitty only. If you can open your home and your heart to a senior kitty please do this little one needs some love. Love is good it warms the heart and takes the grouch away. Here are Your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Suspicious males in the area of Kimberly and Mason 2 and joined by 3 more Reporting Party thought they were casing the area SBPD caught up to them at Yanonali and if they were casing they ain't no more.
- Med Call Fall Victim Casa Dorinda
- Premises check Alameda Park.
- Suspicious male hiding under a window of an abandoned home in the 900 Block of Bath street.
- Suspicious Male in Chase Palm Park then walking North on Garden street carrying an ice pick HMA from the 300 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Check the welfare of a male down wearing blue shorts, tennis shoes 15 East Arrellaga.
- Probation check 700 Bond.
- Suspicious circumstances 1600 Block of Las Canolas did not say what
- Campers in Pershing Park
- Leaf Blower 200 Block of East Canon Perdido.
- Van one Premises check Stearns Wharf.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Shoplifter in custody Macy's 3805 State street.
- Check the Welfare subject down neat to Norton's 18 West Figueroa, Subject in custody.
- Counterfeiters on Skateboards McDonald's 3940 State street one wearing a white shirt the other a red shirt.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- Chase Palm Park Extention Premises check.
- Haley at Santa Barbara streets Medical call.
- Distraught female being 415pc Disturbing 14 Parker Way.
- State at Ortega street female wearing only underwear in the 600 Block of State street HFA was with an off duty Firefighter but I think she got away.
- Report of 314pc Indecent exposure behind Marshalls 900 Block of State street.
- Oliver at Edgewater Way med call report of a female down.
- Creeper following teenage girls around HMA Blue mini van last seen North on Milpas from Ortega.
- State and Guiterrez 415 Fight pretty wrapped up by the time police got there.
- Petty Theft shoplifting 10 State street.
- Suspicious Circumstances 200 Block of Santa Catalina Ave would not say what.
- Theft Investigation the Library 40 East Anapamu.
- 415 Domestic 1000 Block of Castillo.
- 20002pc 1300 Block of Carpinteria Ave White Dodge Ram last seen East Bound on Carpinteria toward Milpas.
- Code 60 Vehicle Blocking a driveway 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- 459 Burglaries in the Canary Hotel parking lot more than one.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- An SUV Rolled over several times coming to rest on its roof this Morning Highway 101 Northbound at the Northbound Glen Annie Off-Ramp the driver suffered minor injuries.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle with a broken window in the First Block of East Micheltorena there is a pro out there Police are looking for the suspect has hit multiple vehicles in the past few days
- 2 Subjects spotted inside of an unlocked vehicle in the 3600 Block of Foothill early Thursday Morning a Hispanic Couple they were last seen Westbound in a grey sedan on Foothill.
- 100 Block of Grey Ave 415 Domestic in a black SUV. Male and female screaming, female has 2 black eyes, male is wearing a green shirt. Police responded and the couple was gone too bad it sounds like the male needs to learn that it's not cool to beat on women.
- Premise Check Ortega Park
- 10851 Stolen Blue Honda Civic 800 Block of DLG Did not hear if it was East or West
- Burglary to another vehicle 600 Block of East Anapamu.
- Med call Back Pain SB County Jail.
- I heard that a male was committing lewd conduct by holding womens underwear but never heard a location not really too sure what was going on there?
- 415pc Transient at 7-11, 1936 State street disturbing
- Med Call Spider Bite outside the gates of the SB Zoo 500 Ninos.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly resident in the city of Santa Barbara possibly not being cared for in a residence Waterfront area of town.
- Suspicious Male going through purses at Vista Del Monte, then he went next door to Emmanuel Luthern Church for more Goodies then he left and was BUSTED!
- Fall victim head injury 300 Block of West Anapamu.
- 23152 Drunk Driver in a Silver Tundra at Salinas and Voluntario he was followed and possibly pulled over by CHP.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 6500 Block of Trigo vehicle into a parked vehicle.
- Multiple Overdoses at the SB County Jail Unknown circumstances, or Condition of patients.
- Med Call Garden Court Unknown Type.
- Med Call 300 Block of Cooper Road.
- Chemical Spill not Hazmat 18 North Milpas.
Will that is enough outta me, for now. Have a Wonderful Weekend and Happy Labor Day...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!,Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy,Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop JohnLafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark,, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie,, Bengie, Ricky, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Mrs Mac Arthur, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you MONday-MONday. Later, Roger