Scanner Reports 8-26-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Sure are a lot of Drunk and DUI Drivers lately. I noticed a while back there was a surge of them around. The CHP nailed 6 over the Weekend in a CheckPoint of all places. I think the best place to have a CheckPoint would be the exits of all of the downtown parking lots, 500 Block of Anacapa at around 1am would be the best one probably nab a couple dozen coming out of there. Here are a couple on Saturday: Alamar at Foothill a silver Audi 200 Unable to maintain lanes driving on the wrong side of the road, North on Foothill a couple near misses was being followed by the reporting party. That is how many drunk DUI drivers are caught, snitched out by fellow motorists who call the police on them then follow them until the police get to the location. This one went West on Ontare then parked near Fire Station 4 or Denny's. The police got there soon after. Another one Be on the lookout for a red Dodge Caravan Southbound on Shoreline from Cliff Drive Driver had his pants down at Fuel Depot, Drunk Driver he got away. DUI Driver Eastbound on Padre white Toyota Corolla male Driver. There were 2 males fighting in I.V. One was said to be driving away from the scene they were both reported as drunk.
I don't write them all down as there are many, a lot of the calls I hear are people actually drinking alcohol, smoking weed, or doing drugs in their vehicles as they are behind the wheel. I heard an accident somewhere the other day where the driver had booze in the car the passenger was dumping out the booze and the driver was popping gum in his mouth. This is the one topic I can write about over and over again and it would not matter because people do it anyway they don't care until they get caught. Drunk Drivers are like Trout ponds drop your line in pull one out they are all over the place. There are many Hit and Runs involving Drunk or DUI drivers, most happen overnight when people are sleeping when they head out to work they discover their vehicle damaged not many of the impaired drivers get caught either. I heard a couple on the East Side a few nights ago. On the label of my Lorazepam it says May cause drowsiness, alcohol and marijuana may intensify this effect use care when operating a vehicle, vessel, etc. So I can take this medicine and drive I just have to use caution driving a vehicle while taking this medication drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana. The only thing I cannot do while taking this medication is get pregnant I don't think that is going to happen...Here are your Scanner Reports
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Transient lit something on fire along the bike path in the 400 Block of Arroyo in Noleta Reporting Parties Husband stomped it out. Subject was reported but I don't know if they ever caught up to him.
- Subject with 45,000.00 in Warrants arrested in Ortega Park.
- 6:30am Be on The Lookout Subject on a bicycle wearing a ski mask dark clothing backpack with a shiny object possibly a golf club at Samarkand and Stanley.
- Ford Flex into a Parked vehicle 600 Block of West Junipero
- 415 Domestic verbal behind 112 West Cabrillo SBPD officer found them behind 109 West Mason a traveling verbal 415 Domestic.
- Med Call Hotel Milo 200 Block of West Cabrillo.
- 415 Subject disturbing in the 1300 Block of State street.
- Suspicious subject hiding in the bushes between the Golf course and Adams school.
- Checker 6 requesting back up involved in 415 in the 400 Block of West Los Olivos.
- Sparking transformer 100 Block of Aero Camino in Goleta.
- Suspicious Circumstances at SBHS that must have been what the lockdown was about a Transient trespassing on school property, Adams school too.
- Premises check Stevens Park.
- 484 Petty Theft investigation at the police station, petty theft.
- Vandalism investigation First Block of West Victoria.
- Suspicious subject in a blue Town and Country Mini Van State at Mission Streets.
- Premises check Arroyo Burro Beach.
- Center Divider Fire highway 101 at Clark street.
- 415 Subjects yelling at each other at the 76 Station 200 Block of South Milpas street.
- Camper 23 North Quarantina.
- 100 Block of North Milpas 415 Domestic the Lovers are at it again this is the guy who ran me off the sidewalk with his electric bike living his karma.
- Naked male 30-40's Arroyo Burro Beach.
- 415 Fight 1200 Block of Mercedes Lane.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Suspicious subject knocked on doors of 3 residences now standing by someone's window on the phone 700 Block of West Cota still dark early morning.
- Suspicious subject in a rear lot 500 Block of State street opened a vehicle door.
- SBPD on a subject at Vera Cruz.
- Drinkers 300 Block of North Milpas.
- On a group at Crown Liquor.
- Premises check at the Municipal golf course.
- Found Property Cabrillo at Milpas.
- Med Call Dog Bite 5700 Block of Over Pass
- Unresponsive subject 100 Block of Grey.
- 700 Block of Pinto Ave. Dog Bite.
- 1000 Block of State street subject yelling at passer-bys.
- Subject dressed like a pirate disturbing at the Good Cup in the 900 Block of State street.
- Subject drank Bleach 500 Block of Bath street.
- 415pc Over a non injury traffic accident Lazy Acres 315 Meigs on the Mesa.
- Pervert filming someone in a changing room at Marshalls 900 Block of State street BUSTED!
- Possible structure Fire 5500 Block of Baseline.
- Subject in a wheelchair trying to assault employees of Whiskey Richards on the Patio 400 Block of State street.
- Bicyclist down 401 South Hope.
- Med call with PD response Bird Refuge 1400 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Trespassing 1000 Block of East Mason.
- Dive Boat coming into the Harbor with Decompression Patient 132 Harbor Way.
- 10851 Stolen Vehicle 1100 Block of Coast Village Road.
- Sewage Spill 1900 Block of DLV
- Premises check La Cumbre Jr. High
- Fire Alarms no fire Val Verde.
- Med Call Bishop Diego High School.
- SBPD on a subject Milpas Roundabout
- 415 Domestic involved crash into a garage 700 Block of Calabria.
- Reckless gold SUV Cliff at Los Positas.
- Med Call Taffys Pizza 2000 Block of DLV.
- 415pc Family on Carpinteria in Santa Barbara the subject who started it all went to Fairway Market and called the police on the rest of his family for beating him up.
- 200 Block of Reef Court Domestic Violence Husband David left in his Q 5 Audi.
- Smoke investigation 1800 Block of Sycamore Canyon Road fire contained to a fire pit, no fire.
- Drunk Driver in a green VW west Bound on Calle Real from Los Positas.
- Loud Music 700 Block of West Islay.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Ninos and Cabrillo on a wrong way driver, let off with a warning.
- Med Call 1000 Block of Calle Los Amigos.
- Med Call 600 Block of Garden street.
- Suicidal Subject 200 Block of West Valerio.
- Possible wanted subject seen on a wanted poster is at Brownies Market female 400 Block of DLV.
- Suspicious male staring at reporting party WMA in his 40's at Thousand Steps One Santa Cruz has a white sean with Perry paper plates.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation Verizon parking lot 2980 State street.
- Loud Music 300 Block of State street.- Motorcycle on Fire Cabrillo at Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Transient lighting paper on fire Montecito at Milpas streets HMA wearing an army helmet pushing a grocery cart East Bound on Montecito.
- Medical Emergency after a fight at the Cold Springs Tavern on Stagecoach unknown injuries, circumstances.
- Med call 931 State street.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- 415pc At the Breakwater restaurant Med call 132 Harbor Way 90 Minute Parking in a red F-150.
- Wires Arcing in the 3600 Block of San Remo.
- Tree Limb Down 1100 Block of High Road.
- Code 40, Drunk Disturbing on Ferra Way 600 Block.
- SBPD on a subject Dwight Murphy Park.
- Med Call in a car right shoulder Northbound at El Captain Ranch.
- Check the Welfare of someone living in the 900 Block of Bath not seen since last week.
- Vehicle Accident highway 101 Southbound North of Padaro vehicle hit center divider then went 40 feet off road driver possibly having a seizure. Hope he is OK.
Will That is all outta me for now Have a Great MONday-MONday..Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, Popo, Tom Cat, Clancy,, Tomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Mrs MacArthur, Pat, Mavis, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Bengie, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC. John Hancock, Jon Havlick, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing We will see you on WEDnesday...Later ,,Later, Roger
Aug 26, 2019 04:40 PM
All those places sound good I'll add AA meetings and be hated for a week..I heard of the city parking lots from others, I don't think it was totally my idea then again I could have been talking to myself.
Aug 26, 2019 06:37 PM
Aug 26, 2019 05:55 PM
That's ok as long as you aren't answering . lol
Aug 26, 2019 10:36 AM
That's a brilliant idea to have DUI check points at all the parking lot exits....... suggest it to the Police Dept. ..... People that drink alcohol have impaired judgement, so there should be a better way to stop them from driving, instead of relying on THEIR bad judgement.... Maybe, the next wave of news cars, will have a smart device that can detect the smell of alcohol, without the drunk blowing into anything.... When the person in the vehicle reeks of alcohol...... the vehicle won't start.
Aug 26, 2019 02:27 PM
If you want to catch drunks put checkpoints at all golf course exits, concerts, sporting events and churches.
People would be outraged. The point is DUI checkpoints should be illegal and they rarely work where law enforcement places them. It is unusual that they actually caught 6 people this time. It’s usually 1300 people go through it and 1 person is caught driving on a suspended license. There is an app you can get which alerts you to where the check points are. It just takes one person to see it log onto the app and everyone with it is alerted to alternate routes.
Anyway, rather than setting up these ridiculous checkpoints law enforcement should have saturation patrols and follow up when citizens call 911 to report drunk drivers. If the police actually did something Citizens would call and report..
Aug 26, 2019 09:00 AM
It seems strange people still get behind the wheel after drinking. Someone I know got a DUI, she'd had 2 glasses of wine, and overall it cost her $10,000; a fine, higher insurance, cost of Drunk Driving school, and I don't know what else. Just the cost alone should be a detriment to drinking and driving.