Scanner Reports 8-13-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
So the Otter night I was listening to the scanner and heard someone was following a DUI driver from Gelsons in the 3300 Block of State Street, they the Good Samaritan, followed the driver all the way home. Most people don't do that, they follow a few blocks while reporting locations to the dispatcher who then reports the locations to the police who are usually on their way. It isn't always the police who spot a Drunk or DUI driver or even a friend, relative, or bartender. Much of the time Drunk or DUI drivers are called in by fellow motorists on their cell phone, it's really Stupid to drive under the influence because everyone is out to get your ass off the road.
This person followed this woman all the way to her destination in the 1100 Block of Crestline Drive, the police went to the 1500 Block so maybe there is another DUI Driver in that block.Anyway I bet the driver thought since they made it home they were home free, not so. There was a witness and they followed them pretty much all the way there. Usually the people who follow only part way and quit maybe think if the police are not there within a few moments they must not care enough to make the arrest, that's not so the police are busy pretty much all the time and if by chance they happen to be nearby they can catch the subject but they cannot always get from one side of their turf to the other. That doesn't mean they don't want to catch the Drunk/DUI Driver it means they are busy. Just because you see a bunch of cops hanging out together doesn't mean they are having a donut convention. Most of the time they all responded there for a reason, it's usually a fight or some disturbance and most of the time when they get there the suspects are gone.
If you're fighting someone and kicking their ass and you hear a lot of sirens, are you going to wait around to explain to the police why you beat the tar out of someone? Even if they had it coming say they ripped you off, or slapped your Sister, that don't matter because you're supposed to call the police not put the S.O.B. in the hospital, now you're guilty of Assault. They show up to get your ass but if you're gone say you left the scene, they don't know who you are it's your word against the otter guys. Either way, they are there on a call and when they are done go back to their regularly scheduled job. It's not always safe to follow Drunk/DUI Drivers around, if you do it try and not let the other driver know that you are following them you never know one of them might be packing a firearm and think something else is going on. I followed a drunk woman once and she got out of the car and pulled out a gun and fired a round in the air scared the Holy crap out of me. I never followed another impaired driver again!...Anyway that's my MILPAS UNDERPANTS and I'm sticking to em!...PS The Good Samaritan who followed the impaired driver home ought to get an award for it.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 3655 San Remo suspicious subject looking in vehicles in the parking lot there wearing a backpack.
- 500 Block of Baldwin several males hanging out possible fight brewing.
- Guiterrez at State 245 Assault with a weapon, 417 Brandishing a knife Parking lot 12.... 3 victims, several suspects involved possibly campers.
- Santa Claus at 101 Road Rage small minded subject in a grey pick up truck driving slow cutting people off grey Chevy pick up with the name of a business on the door.
- SBPD on a bicyclist 700 Block of Cacique across from Marlborg.
- Camper 19 West Carrillo in the entryway.
- Probation check 700 Block of Bond.
- Attempt 459 Burglary in the 3900 Block of Via Lucero.
- Non injury hit and run parking lot 12 Guiterrez at State street.
- Female passed out in a vehicle Highway 101 South Bound Off Ramp, Med Call.
- Check the Welfare of a male down next to a wheelchair, Ontare at State street.
- Structure Fire 3700 Block of Gregory Way.
- Camper in the Dumpster area of Motel 6 443 Corona Del Mar.
- Minor injury accident First Block of East Haley.
- Ill female Amtrak 209 State street.
- Subject with warrants Montecito Bank and Trust on Casitas Pass in the parking lot.
- Minor injury accident near Earl Warren Showgrounds, on Los Positas.
- New House 2 Med Cal 227 West Haley for pain.
- In the swimming pool area of the Hyatt 1111 East Cabrillo there was a 415 Subject WMA in his 30's Harassing women and making Unwanted sexual advances toward them.
- Mobil station on Glen Annie subject running in traffic 5150 or UI.
- 600 Block of Grant overdose.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Storke and Hollister.
- Wanted subject at the Visitors center One Garden street at Cabrillo.
- 1100 Block of East Cabrillo Traffic Accident possible 23152 Drunk Driver involved.
- 242 Pepper Spray 1000 Block of Coast Village Road
- Highway 135 at Highway one vehicle crash, rollover.
- 23152 Drunk Driver in a red Tundra in the 1100 Block of Anacapa Westbound on Anapamu
- 242 500 Block of Coronel 18 year old female victim
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- 415 Female disrobing HBD in the 4000 Block of State street.
- Stolen vehicle 500 Block of Coronel.
- County call Husband and Wife heard noise in their driveway overnight next morning found syringes, and bloody paper in the driveway call in for Found property unknown location.
- 415 Guests who were refusing to leave their Hotel Rooms earlier are now refusing to leave the Lobby Town and Country 2800 Block of State street.
- A man was blocking the sidewalk at Haley and Anacapa and made rude comments to a female again just spray liquid ass, on the ass Be Gone!
- Road Rage 4900 Block of Carpinteria Ave. in Carpinteria.
- 7 Juveniles hanging out on the Cacique Foot Bridge.
- Food Vendor on Cabrillo.
- Bicyclist down injured 800 Block of Cacique.
- Suspicious female taking pictures of guests and their vehicles at the Hotel California 35 State street she is probably waiting for the Eagles.
- Bloody subject yelling to "CALL THE POLICE! " In the 3300 Block of State street never heard anymore about that.
- Check the Welfare of an older male with blood on his face East Bound on Carrillo from Castillo in traffic.
- Trespassers at the Bacara- Ritz Carlton
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in the 100 Block of West Cabrillo.
- Gas leak outside 4500 Block of Harmony Lane.
- 3 Guys blocking the sidewalk and drinking 3 North Milpas.
- Unconscious male near the bike path across from 633 East Cabrillo.
- Medical call on the 101 Southbound but North of La Conchita.
- Subject calls in missing phone report from Summerland Beach Parking lot police were Unable to locate a subject at first and I do not know if they ever did though they did say there was alot of people there.
- Hazardous investigation possible electrical shortage 400 Block of Allen Road.
- 415 Domestic 1900 Block of Chino the boyfriend in a red Mercedes hit someone but they were not hurt if he did not get a good deal on the car he's probably be driving a big truck
- Small snake in a vehicle at 9 East De La Guerra. I did not hear much more about this other than someone was talking about have the car taken apart to get the snake out of the vehicle I think it was about 4:20 then.
- 411 Anacapa water pipe burst in the water heater.
- 415 Subject disturbing at the Dunkin Donuts 3777 State street, Hmmmm Almost sounds like code 7 to me.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- 900 Block of Mission Drive lines down catching a tree on fire.
- 594 Vandalism West Side Community center.
- 100 Block of East Cabrillo corn vendor I wish he was over here.
- Report over the theft of a dog at Cachuma Lake 1021 Report over the phone.
- Child custody keep the peace 7500 Block of Hollister male says he's coming over to take the kid.
- Dine and Dash after harassing a female waitress at the Lemon Tree Inn Bar Thinks a woman wants to go out with him after he stiffs the joint??? I feel sorry for anyone goes out with him 2800 Block of State street.-.
- 245 Assault with a weapon at Vera Cruz Park I did not catch weapon used injuries Medics responded with police suspect arrested Santa Barbara at Haley streets going to jail. Sounds like he might have resisted alittle in the back round.
- Drunk at Cottage ready for the sober center.
- 415 Fight 10 subjects code 2 Medics for a victim at Dwight Murphy Park.
- Alcohol Overdose 300 Block of Beech Court in Buellton.
- Med Call Dislocated Hip at Val Verde 3700 Block of Modoc.
- 415 Domestic 600 Block of Fellowship road.
- Med call ill subject Court Yard of the Salvation Army.
- Glen Annie at Hollister vehicle accident.
- 500 Block of Poppy Lane in Santa Maria structure Fire.
- Carrillo Underpants Bicyclist vs Vehicle bicyclist took off, motorist stuck around for a report.
- A couple idiots shooting in Noqui Park using a bb gun shooting from their red Chevy I did not hear what they were shooting at maybe they should have shot at mirrors.
- Suspicious subject 600 Block of San Ysidro subject wearing shorts and a yellow tee shirt.
- Subject walking in traffic State and Mission streets then toward DLV.- 242 State and Haley, 2 subjects involved.
Will on the 15th I have been with Edhat for 9 years HOLY BALONEY 9 Years....Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tom Cat, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl,Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Mavis, Patrick, Bengy, Ricky. Eddie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday... Later, Roger