Scanner Reports 7-5-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
On WEDnesday Mornin a fella on his way to work stepped into the 76 Station at 200 South Milpas and picked up his breakfast then headed over to the Southbound Milpas offramp of Highway 101 to begin his work day begging for money. Unfortunately he did not pay for the items he took and the store clerk reported him. The police caught up with him and bye bye he went maybe not for long. Petty Theft isn't as bad as other thefts but it ruined his day maybe next time he will pay for merchandise with the money he begs off of the wealthy instead of just taking it, not everyone is stupid in Santa Barbara.
Walking up the sidewalk on WEDnesday to get my needs pay rent etc is hazardous, on the sidewalk as there are many who ride bicycles, scooters, skateboards and will not get out of ones way one such person well call Mike because that is his name rode right down the middle of the sidewalk Southbound on the Northbound side on an electric bike. As he approached me I thought about not moving over as he was breaking the law plus violating my rights as a pedestrian Mike got this mean look on his face to go with his wife beater tee shirt and all his macho tattoos he started talking smack mostly to himself. I could not hear what he was saying I moved because I'm always in pain why be in more because Mike wants to be a Dork? Wonder how I know Mikes name? I was telling a friend of mine about it, complete with telling him where the Dork lived because he passed me on the street on the way back, and I saw him go home my friend not only knew the guy he knew about some things the poor guy is going through. We all go through shit Mike your not the only one just because your having troubles in your personal life doesn't give you the right to run ugly old crippled Hippies off the sidewalk because your a tough guy nuff said.
I remember years ago when I came to Santa Barbara in the early 80's long,long ago now but to this old fart it seems like yesterday. We had crime then too people were assaulted with weapons and without some were killed, there were robberies, gangs back then it seemed like things were published in the local paper more then somewhere along the line crime news did not get reported as much people said it was because the powers that be did not want tourists to know about the crime here, tourists are not stupid I'm sure they know there is crime everywhere and tourist towns like Santa Barbara are considered easy pickins to a career crook, or to a group of crooks. There are more of some things that happen here than others but if the powers that be are honest about the homicide rate it seems almost the same as long ago in the day. Not much has really changed the population has grown there are more businesses and with that comes more crime. The biggest rise in crime comes mostly from the Homeless community mostly drunk in public, assaults, petty thefts drug use as far as blaming one political party over another. I find neither to be at fault as the Homeless issue has been building up for years and there were tent cities, and Hobo Jungles back in the day and way beyond also. I cannot for some reason get KNX on my radio so in place of that I have been watching Tucker Carlson on the internet I actually agree with alot that is said. My solution for criminals doesn't come with a room at the Inn, a bed time story, milk and cookies I may be compassionate and lean alittle to the left then the right but I know what works and those who are able bodied would be working for room and board and the ACLU can take a hike but it is what it is and hopefully some day things will change and only then can we began to heal our differences and maybe Coexist in this country...... Here are your Scanner Reports..
Scanner Reports, Wednesday
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Premises check Leadbetter Beach
- 2600 Block of Featherwood street snake in the yard
- 4500 Block of West Main med call
- 1300 Block of Saratoga Ventura county stabbing
- 3900 Block of State male with a bible in his hand yelling
- Odor of smoke and smoke alarms going off in residence 400 Block of West Anapamu. Found property First Block of West Alamar....There was a burglary and Vandalism in the 100 Block of West Alamar so this found property call most likely part of that
- Overdose in the alley 112 West Alamar, patient left scene.
- Shoplifter 200 Block of South Milpas caught on Southbound Milpas offramp panhandling. He don't have to beg in jail 3 hots and a cot there.
- CHP was on a 484pc theft suspect from Home Depot at highway 101 and highway one.
- 415 On the beach over a spot on the beach 236 East Cabrillo.
- Med Call drowning Castis Water Park.
- Med call courtyard of the rescue mission 535 East Yanonali.
- 2100 Block of Mandalay Beach Road unconscious subject on the beach
- A vehicle was weaving on the freeway another vehicle followed it reporting it as a drunk driver vehicle pulled over at Bath street and Canon Perdido police responded not sure what went on after that it was a black Lexus.
- Man down check the welfare 1224 State street.
- Unconscious subject 3800 Block of State street
- 211 Armed Robbery with a knife in Parking lot 10 Victim knew the suspects who were juveniles theft involved drugs.
- Check the Welfare of a subject made suicidal threats in the 300 Block of West Carrillo.
- 459pc Burglary to a residence 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- Check the welfare of a subject passed out in the bushes near Chucks Steak House.
- 300 Block of South Salinas 415 Domestic a child called 911 and said "Someone is hitting Mommy."
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- North side of town med call subject deceased Rest in Peace.
- Water Rescue 4200 Block of PCH Ventura county boat in distress.
- 415pc Over parking 1111 East Cabrillo.
- 1000 Block of Garcia Road squatter found in the guest house
- Med call Mission Terrace subject feeling weak 600 Block of West Juinipero.
- Sexual Battery at the .99 Cent store suspect female in her 50's-60's with orange or blond hair wearing an orange top and blue slacks.
- 415pc Female 7-11 331 West Montecito wearing blue pants and a red sweatshirt.-
- Vegetation Fire Bettervia at Foxen Canyon Santa Maria.
- Fall victim med call 300 Block of West Islay.
- Med call Seizures 2100 Block of Oak Park Lane.
- Fire works 700 Block of West Arrellaga.
- 415pc Female transient was throwing trash in the 200 Block of South Milpas then was disturbing at PATH 816 Cacique.
- 415pc Transient Haley at Garden.
- SBPD Officer on a subject on the rr tracks betweem Milpas and Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Med call 500 Block of West Anapamu unknown type illness.
That Earthquake really got me everytime there is a strong quake like that it throws my bones outta wack I'm totally hurting right now everything is messed up including my head killer headache almost feels like a hang over nasty things. Have a great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell,, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Ross, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mrs. MacArthur, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Mark, Willie, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday.