Scanner Reports 7-25-19
I guess since sharks have been portrayed as evil beasts all these years, not the gentle creatures some folks say they are, I should quit watching "Jaws". Maybe replace the evil people eating fish with something else. I have a few ideas in mind. There are quite a few evil beings in this country who would qualify; I got one in my head right off the bat. I haven't been to the beach in many years because walking on the beach throws my back off. I was thinking of going down the street to wade into the water till I fell, but now I'm hurting worse. I wouldn't have gone out that far. Anyway, it woulda been nice. I woulda stayed covered up because I have a big gut. I hear some indecent exposure calls out there and some of them seem to include topless men. I don't want to offend anyone or knock someone down with one of my moobs. I guess there are some stingrays out there we have to watch out for also.
Some fella pulled up in front of my place the other day and asked me what happens to people who get stung by stingrays. I told him they usually go to the hospital. He laughed, he had been stung. I think he went home to drink beer. I haven't been stung by one. I really don't know the closest I think I have ever got to a shark was stepping on a sand shark back in 1984. He bolted and I went straight up in the air. I used to swim out a ways years ago. I have probably had them brush past me before. I don't know if I will ever get to the beach, don't like to go when there are a lot of folks out there. So I will most likely swelter here at home till I feel better in about 10 years or so.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- 500 block of East Montecito subject yelling at passersby and waving a cane.
- Over at Peets Coffee in the 1100 block of State Street, a subject drinking an open container of booze.
- Medical call for an injury at the Sea Landing, head laceration.
- Check the welfare of a subject who lives in the 200 block of West Victoria.
- Non injury accident in front of Arnoldi's, 600 block of North Olive.
- Trespasser harassing customers 200 block of North Fairview.
- Animal Control assist SBPD at Stevens Park, 200 block of Canon Drive.
- There was a missing juvenile on a red kayak around Carpinteria, Sandyland, Padero Beaches, but he was found.
- Medical call, fall victim, 100 block of North Hope.
- SBPD flagged down near the Library, 40 East Anapamu, don't know why.
- Medical call 1400 block of North Broadway, possible burn victim.
- Drunk driver in a PT Cruiser with flames on it from the 7-11 in the 7300 block of Calle Real. Vehicle registered in Santa Barbara.
- Subject setting up a camp behind an address in the 6600 block of Trigo.
- Check the welfare of an elderly WMA stumbling, 400 block of East Montecito.
- Shoeless subject standing next to a gate on Via Lucero and Bodega Lane.
- Medics for a drunk, 3900 block of Via Lucero.
- Lewd, nude subject, 1100 block of East Yanonali.
- Domestic in the 100 block of Milpas elderly couple.
- Non injury hit and run, Pedrogosa at San Pasqual.
- Hit and run investigation, Parking Lot 8 downtown.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- DUI, black Mustang, female driver, male passenger, leaving the Casino on their way back to Nipomo this morning.
- 18 West Canon Perdido, couple smoking marijuana to the rear of the business.
- Female sleeping on a couch behind Blush on State Street.
- Eastbound on Cabrillo, female dressed in black stealing mail from boxes in the daylight.
- Ongoing theft of food and wine from CVS, 1109 State Street, HMA in his 40's.
- Non injury hit and run, 1200 block of Coast Village Road, blue or purple Volvo registered out of Pacific Palisides.
- Two subjects drinking on a 2nd floor, trespassing on the premises, 15 West Carrillo.
- Theft investigation, Perry Lincoln, 440 Hitchcock.
- Smoke investigation at Val Verde 1102 Los Amigos.
- Bicyclist down, leg injury, first block of West Figueroa.
- Subject with a fractured arm at Carp. Beach.
- Subject under the influence of something, 801 Linden, on the bus bench.
- 200 block of Sycamore Lane, family domestic.
- Medical emergency for blood pressure problems, 1000 block of DLV.
- Hit and run, southbound, got off at Carrillo, older green BMW.
- Fight, ten juveniles with sticks, on Calle Los Amigos. Reporting party went around the block, not there 2nd time, thinks they went into the creek bed.
- Domestic on Old Mill Road.
- Report of a 6 to 8 year old juvenile laying in a center divider south of Hwy 135 near Clark in Santa Maria, according to SBSO. Did not hear any more about it.
- Panic Attack rear of the jail IRC, 4436 Calle Real, medical call.
- Non injury traffic accident Anacapa and Figueroa.
- Storke at Santa Felicia, road rage incident, subject threatening to rear-end another vehicle.
Well I'm curious about something. I have a potted tree that belonged to Belinda. I believe it's dead, but not sure. It's about 7 feet tall or so I want to pay a kid to remove the tree and plant it elsewhere to see if it's still among us. Anyway, what's the going rate of pay for a 14 year old kid doing hard work? Per hour? What do others pay? I want to be fair. Thank you. Have a wonderful Wednesday. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Jerry, Poncho, Jonathan, C.J., Kent, Stan, Carl, Brad, Billy, Edwin, Cory, Magruder, Don, Rambo, Sherry, Elmo, Diana, James, Walter, Fred, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger