Scanner Reports 7-20-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Nothing like going to a sleepy little town to rob it when you're some Heavy Hitters that never get caught, but just in case always carry a gun. In case you have to scare someone to get away, point the gun at 'em or fire a couple "Back Off!" warning shots. I could see these guys telling their friends "we will be back in the morning." Easy hit, be in and out in a few minutes then party all weekend. Well 2 of them are partying right now in SB County Jail, they have been to jail before most likely met there. I would not want to be the third guy somewhere in Montecito hunkered down somewhere waiting until it's safe to make a run for it. It may never be safe, folks in Montecito are on high alert they have been that way since the fires and the mudslide. The 3rd guy might never be found alive there, he might be found years from now dead, hiding inside an old dead tree, or in the hills somewhere starved to death, no water. The people of Montecito are watching.
The Sheriffs Department doesn't like crooks coming to Montecito for an easy hit. If the guy does get away for a while he will be picked up sooner or later, I'm sure someone will talk or maybe he left something behind. No crime is perfect and pulling this one was just plain dumb. Maybe they will remember that the next time they think the job is an easy score after they get out of prison in about 5 to 10 possibly not too much older than they are now. When you get caught thieving take the hint, you are no damn good at it GET A JOB! In this case they might be working in the Laundry room, or stamping license plates one of those prison jobs. I guess these guys won't be partying this weekend, or maybe a few years worth of weekends They should just be Grateful they did not hit the wrong place with a victim tired of getting robbed waiting with a gun. Happened here once downtown 3 guys came to sleepy little Santa Barbara to knock over a jewelry store, Easy Hit, Easy Money All three went home in Body Bags. It's those sleepy little towns you have to watch. I learned this the hard way myself long,long ago... Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 415 Domestic in the 600 Block of Coronel Place.
- Premises check 125 West Figourea.
- A female driving under the influence left the rescue mission at 535 East Yanonali in an unknown direction driving an unknown make and model of vehicle.
- 500 Block of West Arrellaga premises check.
- Premise check Cacique bridge.
- 415 Domestic in a lite blue Infinity in front of 1715 DLV.
- 415 Female with a baseball bat at an address in the 600 Block of San Pascual police arrived right after she did and stopped whatever was going to happen.
- Bloody Hand, Broken Window 459 Burglary to a vehicle 100 Block of West Montecito near the Fig Tree female got 3 bags out of the vehicle.
- Medical call Stingray Zap Carpinteria State Beach.
- Ex-tenant refusing to leave in the 1000 Block of East Mason.
- 20002 Non-injury accident a station wagon into a front porch on 2nd street in Guadalupe.
- Medical call unknown type 816 Cacique.
- 415 Female in the 100 Block of West Montecito possibly involved in the break in earlier Bloody Hand, Broken Window.
- Jiffy Lube 415 Fight Manager attacked and beaten up by some guy wearing grey panties and a backpack, drunk.
- Suspicious resident of the Faulding running up and down the Fire Escape stairs then locking himself in his room and not coming out.
- Hot Dog locked in car, windows rolled up 189 North Fairview.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation 3800 Block of Maryanna Way.
- Wanted subject at Presto Pasta on DLV.
- 415 3 subjects loitering one in a planter 903 State street.
- Wanted subject with a warrant Evans at Ortega in Summerland.
- Stolen vehicle 50 Patos Way.
- Loud Music 100 Block of Calle Crespis.
- 415 Fight 3 subjects swinging bottles at each other.
- Window peeper 700 Block of West Cota.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- First thing I heard this morning was 2 Subjects hanging out in front of the Bottle Shop 1200 Block of Coast Village Road they fit the descriptions of 2 subjects SBSO was looking for overnight. One ran, one was captured the manhunt from the night before for burglary suspects continued all day until the last suspect was captured after stealing a car from Crush Cakes 1150 Coast Village Road the keys and a cell phone was left in the vehicle the suspect crashed at Butterfly Lane and Channel left the car and headed South on the railroad tracks. Several Reporting Partys called in his whereabouts he was captured by an SBPD Officer at Bonnymede, code 2 Medics responded to transport the suspect to Cottage All is well that ends well.
- I heard Amtrak say something about a trespasser on the railroad tracks a moment later I heard them report the trespasser was hit by the train victim 1144 Rest in Peace.
- Non-injury vehicle accident white minivan on top of a rock at a bus stop near the airport.
- 242 Assault at the Veterans memorial 112 West Cabrillo.
- Premise check McKenzie Park.
- Recovered stolen vehicle 800 Block of Wentworth.
- David Units detained 4 Subjects in the 100 Block of West Cabrillo involving an ongoing case possibly a child molestation case.
- Found Property 700 Block of East Montecito.
- Found duffle bag Castillo at Montecito.
- Wires down arcing Cheltenham at Tye Roads in Santa Barbara.
- Structure Fire and Vegetation Fire 1300 Block of Foothill in Cayama.
- Medical Call Traumatic injury 1200 Block of Channel Drive.
- 2 Vehicle accident non-injury Mountain at Mission Canyon.
- Vehicle vs Moped 300 Block of West Cabrillo.
- Possible hot Dog in truck on Stearns Wharf police determined that the dog was OK.
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run investigation on Hitchcock.
Kind of a Crazy day hot in here ,I did not get my wash rags yet so I can freeze them and try and stay cool. Got a nice hat to keep my head out of the sun. I wish it wasn't so damn warm but then again it's SUMMER. Well have a great Weekend...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tom Cat, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Poe, Bengy, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! Debbie, Ken, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday... Later, Roger...Scanner Reports all done Have a great weekend Roger