Scanner Reports 7-14-17
Two men are missing from the area; one from Lompoc, the other from Ojai. They seemed to have disappeared without a trace, though the man from Ojai might have left clues behind; a cell phone left at a service station in Carpinteria was found by a reader of Edhat. His truck was found stripped in a field in Santa Maria but where is he? Eric "Sunny" Buttler has been missing 19 days now, since June the 24th. He left his girlfriend’s house at 5pm and hasn't been seen since. A friend spoke with him on the phone later in the evening but nothing since. Zachary Wilks has been missing since May the 24th, when he left his home to drive to Las Vegas to visit with his Uncle. Zachary was driving a 1996 Black Honda Civic with Acura rims, California license 7SGR202. His last cell phone pinged off Highway 166. Where are they? Missing one month apart basically. Last heard of in the same area North County of Santa Barbara, then the trails seem to end. I think about these guys a lot wondering where on Earth they are. I don't know either one though Zachary is a friend of friend’s. Both men have family they stay in contact with. That alone makes both disappearances questionable. Information about both men can be found on Facebook.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Burglary at Blenders in the 6500 Block of Pardell in Isla Vista.
- Check the welfare of a disoriented female in the first block of Los Olivos in an alley.
- Traffic stop, white Honda with Idaho plates in the 800 block of Shoreline.
- Premises check, Bohnett Park.
- Suspicious male putting water on his head 1200 block of East Betteravia near Pappy’s. WMA with blond hair, blue shorts.
- Medical call for a patient with numbness on the left side of their head, Council of Alcoholism 133 East Haley.
- Public accident, Sola at State Street.
- AMR transport two patients, 5150 Cottage to PHF County.
- Check the welfare of a subject down, 617 State Street.
- Pick up video of a north side of Santa Barbara bicycle theft at a north side gas station.
- Theft of a cell phone at the Casino.
- Medical call possible childbirth at PHF, 300 Block of Camino Del Remedio.
- Drunk in the 1800 block of Cliff Drive.
- Suspicious subject in front of Rite Aid, 199 North Fairview, wearing a blue plaid shirt.
- 13 year old having an allergic reaction to peanuts at State Street and Gutierrez.
- Medical call, Los Patos off ramp, 1800 block of East Cabrillo.
- Suspicious subject staring at female employee for a half hour, USA Gas, 340 West Carrillo.
- Non injury hit and run Lot 9, 900 Anacapa.
- Unknown type disturbance, open phone line screaming heard in the background, SBPD responded code 3 (lights and sirens), 1300 block of San Andres.
- Theft of a cell phone El Caro Park.
- Large branch hanging from wires in an alley, 3000 block of State Street.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Shoplifter detained 7100 Block of Hollister Albertsons.
- Hazmat call 7700 block of Hollister.
- Subject passed out in big white vehicle which rolled out into traffic, then back, Turnpike Shell.
- Check the welfare of a baby stroller on the tracks near Music Academy of the West near a homeless camp.
- Domestic near the 3200 block of State Street at Calle Alamo.
- Possible injury accident vehicle into a parked car, 319 West Sola.
- 200 block of Pioneer, domestic, ex refusing to leave, UI meth.
- Premises check, 200 block of Palm Ave.
- Brookshire 6600 block, burglary to residence.
- Two males in a black jeep possibly doing drugs, 500 block of West Junipero.
- 502 State Street, medical call, seizures.
- AMR transport County PHF to Cottage ER.
- Gas leak inside 9900 block of Ocean Road.
- Drunk trying to get on a MTD bus, 1020 Chapala.
- Threats investigation 7100 block of Davenport.
- Overdose in a vehicle east of Goleta Pier, suicide attempt.
- Structure fire, 2000 block of Briarwood Road in Santa Maria.
Well that is all outta me for now. Have a lovely weekend. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Carl, Stan, Kent, Cody, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Elmo, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Rambo, Sherry, Jonathan, C.J., Diana, Jim, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on Monday. Later, Roger
Jul 14, 2017 01:30 PM
Roger, Whenever I see Magruder's name in your sign-off I picture him as the darling little neighbor boy who was friends with my son. Even homeless, by choice not necessary, he was still sweet. I always got a big hug when I ran into him downtown. It's unsettling news about the 2 missing men, especially after the recent news about the 4 young fellows who were missing and found in a common grave on a farm.
Jul 14, 2017 02:33 PM
Just because someone does drugs doesn't mean they deserve to be murdered keep in mind alcohol is a drug also thousands have died from alcoholism, weather drinking it driving it or busting the law while drinking. Those 4 men were mostly teens and were not old enough to realize what they were getting into in my opinion...Around the beginning of the Alamo fire I heard a copter in the air near Soda Lake confirm a find of a dead body there were two parked vehicles near by one was an orange pick up truck the other a black sedan. I'm not sure what agency of Sheriffs were involved San Luis or Santa Barbara but her them say they had to get down there and tape off the scene, clear it, not those exact words someone else heard them too and agreed with me it sounded suspicious...I think the dates are suspicious too..Magruder used to tee me off but he was a great guy you really had to get to know him though like Hooper he could be a pain in the ars...
Jul 14, 2017 06:37 PM
I'm sure James could be "a pain in the ars", but we had different relationships with him. I was more like another mother. One of his sisters died in a hiking accident when he was only about 13. They were really close, devastating. I was pregnant and decided that night if we had a girl I'd name her after his sister. She was a girl, has the name.
Jul 14, 2017 08:16 PM
When James was dying I don't think he was scared to go he wanted to be with his sister he was heartbroken all his life she passed away he spoke of her some...I used to read about him in the 80's I partied with him a few times on one of my drunks we had good times. One time we were going to fight he was on my bed jumped up ran toward me got the spins hit the door knocked himself out. When he came too he said "Please don't hit me again." the funnest damn thing...LMAO..Another time I had a girl friend over she looked at my bad and asked what the stain was I said "Brandy pee'd the bed." Brandy was Magruders dog my gal thought I had another gal...Jim used to tell everyone I was a pimp girls were always chasing me around....I hate pimps...I used to have partys in my studio cottage there would be 40 people in here we'd be passed out all over the neighboprhood...Many of those people are mentioned in my sign off I miss them all I hope I see them all again someday many of them were homeless and the nicest folks you ever met...
Jul 15, 2017 09:30 AM
Thanks, Roger. James (what he was called by family and old friends) was a little rascal even as a kid. He had family and good adults, parents of his friends, who offered him every resource but he just wasn't interested. He was one of those homeless who choose that way of life.
Jul 15, 2017 11:22 AM
I asked him about that once and he said something like I cannot remember exactly how he put it...He felt like he was going to fail anyway so why even try? He did not want to disappoint anyone...