Scanner Reports 6-10-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
History repeats itself in these UNunited States of America, every few decades or so as people forget or die and new generations take over thinking they are the ANSWER to all of the problems in the USof A. I remember back in the 70's there was Prison Reform and part of it involved paroling inmates early and getting them jobs and training, giving them a chance to straighten out and fly right. I was looking for a job, a friend of mine told me the security place he worked for was hiring Dumb Shit Security Services of Calumet Park, Illinois only qualification you had to be a Dumb Shit. I qualified. The pay was 3.00 an hour no overtime pay most shifts were double sometimes triple as other guards would not show up. The only benefit is they took me at my word that I was 23 years old when I was only 19, so I got 2 picture ID Badges saying I was 23 years old one for Illinois the other Indiana so I could buy alcohol. Being an Alcoholic and a half, I was one happy guy. Back then my rent for a studio was 75 Bucks a month and alcohol was cheap, weed was 20 bucks an ounce.
I worked at a company that built trains Amtrak passenger trains and boxcars. I worked mostly in the old section of the company it was called Pullman Standard. I worked at the Hammond, Indiana Plant. I patrolled on foot 5 buildings and did key rounds carrying a clock and a key to prove I was walking my rounds. The buildings were long, the longest being almost a mile as they had train tracks all the way through them and overhead cranes at night the place could get pretty freaky and was known to be haunted. A lot of workers died there over the years they did not always clean up after the accidents either, walking up on a place where someone died was pretty weird especially if it was messy. My boss was a little prick who talked "Big Talk" but was a pipsqueak. Whenever I caught a good bust he'd take the credit. Little bass turd was a pain in the ass always got a bonus and a raise too and he had Small Mans Disease and treated me like garbage.
Like many other companies back in the day ours hired a few paroles and trained them on the job. As guards we were supposed to make sure the workers did not drink alcohol or use drugs on the job there was no drug testing, THANK THE GOOD LORD, back then so we all drank or smoked weed even the guards except for the pipsqueak. One day one of the crane operators who had been paroled from prison and trained to operate an overhead crane killed his wife at home before work, and hadn't been caught. The police were looking for him everywhere, except at work. The pipsqueak knew about it but I didn't, I was told I had to do rounds with the clock and the key for 2 shifts. There was a building way past all the others in the boondocks called the Carpenter Building. You had to watch going into the building because right where the key was there was a huge hole in the floor and one Hell of a drop onto concrete blocks. You always had to remember to walk around the area so you did not fall into the hole. Not everyone carried a flashlight at Dumb Shit Security Services. It was around Midnight I was making my rounds putting the key in the clock each post in the buildings. I got to the carpenter building went in heading for the key when suddenly I saw a huge shadow to my right and heard something growling. I dropped everything while pulling out my 2-way running backyards yelling "There is SOMETHING in here with me!!!" I was out the door The Pip Squeak went running past me with a couple other guards and down the hole that little Bass Turd went. The growler was the killer hiding out, he got away but the cops got him later. The Pip Squeak had to go to the hospital he got screwed up pretty good. I was gone when he went back to work working somewhere else by that time, fired for fighting......HERE'S YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Trespasser in a yard 1800 Block of DLV.- Med call 200 Block of Pueblo.
- Alameda Park West Premises check.
- Hit and Runs from Carpinteria to Montecito by a guy driving a Ford Pick Up.
- Hazardous investigation 1000 Block of DLV.
- Bicycle Accident 509 State street minor injuries.
- 415pc Unknown Type in the 3000 Block of DLV Trader Joes Parking lot.
- Airstream Trailer parked 8 days at Los Canolas and Mountain Drive.
- Med call 1200 Block of CVR.
- Subject at CARES threatening to kill staff no weapon seen 2000 Block of DLV.
- Dodge Ram into a center divider on Shoreline Drive hit a tree and boulder injury accident possible DUI.
- Subject throwing bottles at the windows of CVS Pharmacy in the 3900 Block of State street.
- Theft investigation 600 Block of West Carrillo.
- Structure Fire highway 101 Southbound near THE Avenue of the Flags at the end of McMurray Road.
- Structure Fire 4100 Block of Woodland in Santa Maria.
- 415pc Same Juveniles from Sunday 594 Vandalism on Cabrillo reporting party came out with a Gun all I heard. Not sure where on Cabrillo cannot say for sure where
- 415pc Subject blocking the door at Marshalls 900 Block of State street.
- Medical aide with PD response city lot 3 1000 Block of Chapala for a possibly dead guy, sleeping. He was not dead he was asleep.
- 415pc Neighbors 200 Block of Por La Mar.
- Illegal Campers 1000 Block of West Cabrillo
- Theft of speakers from West Marine 26 South Calle Caesar Chavez suspect HMA last seen Northbound on a bicycle.
- Mission and State 484 Petty Theft.
- Med call 1111 East Cabrillo the Hyatt.
- Injured Hiker Jesusita Trail.
- Brandishing a machete 7-11 300 Block of West Montecito Suspect caught 300 Block of Cooper Road.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Back up Assist at Spud Nuts 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Medical also at Spud Nuts for throat pain after being strangled, (still alive) injury.
- 415pc Family 500 Block of East DLG.
- DUI subject at Probation
- 100 Block of North Hope 415 Fight between three subjects one of them was accused of cheating after they were playing , Patty Cake.
- Drunk Driver on the freeway got off going Northbound on Garden driving a green Chevy Pick up with black camper shell.
- Check the welfare of 2 subjects sleeping in a Nissan for 2 hours in front of Arts Market 1104 Cacique.
- Medical call Fig Avenue at Cota.
- Medical call at Lake Cachuma off highway 154.
- Med call highway 101 Southbound at Bates on ramp SBSO on scene.
- Suspicious subject exposing himself Plaza Del Mar at Pershing Park to a female who went up the path toward SBCC WMA 6' feet tall grey shit dark panties creep.
- 2300 Block of Foothill med call.
- Trespasser at CVS 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Structure Fire 1600 Block of Robbins street.
- Subject refusing to leave Amtrak 209 State street.
- Medical call 1600 Block of Grand Avenue.
- 2981 Cliff Drive Hendrys Beach Medical call.
- I heard something about a violent subject being released but did not hear where from but it came over the scanner so maybe it was the city or county I'm sure it's ok maybe.
- Suspicious subject checking door handles around Mason and Montecito.
- Cold Springs Trail a Fourth mile up fall victim trail rescue.
- Medical call Cabrillo ball field 800 Block of East Cabrillo.
- 415pc Subject in East Side Park 200 Block of North Soledad.
- Public assist 1700 Block of DLV
It's a hot, they said it's 85 and it feels like 93 outside or over a hundred in here too. Damn, you get older and cannot move so well it's a real pain oh well. Have a Great WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo,, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE AND TWO, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, ChristyEddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Mark, Willie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Kona, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, John Prime, Tom Petty, Rich Mullins, Charley Bukowski, Lucky, Little Mac, John, Bill, Marianne, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger.