Scanner Reports 5-29-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I had a weird experience on Memorial Day and I did not even have to go far, actually, it was at the store next door. I went to get a snack and there was a guy in there acting strange, I know that's hard to believe in Santa Barbara, or anywhere else for that matter. This guy was up to no good and I disrupted his plans, he was totally staring at me in fear, his eyes freaked me out a bit as I used to have a friend who gave me that look every time he was lying to me. There are some people that just cannot get away with that sort of thing. He got his stuff and went outside then stood a few feet from the door. I had a sneaking suspicion about the guy and did not want to leave him alone with the clerk but had to run my stuff around the corner. I did that and came right back to see the clerk's son pull in, the suspicious guy was at the stop light crossing at Milpas. I watched him for a while, he was casing the area of that I am sure, he was way too obvious at it not a good crook. Someone else to keep my eyes on in the neighborHOOD. Last time I saw him he was in the 800 Block of Cacique. After the clerk left and her son took over I told him about the guy and told him to tell his Mother to watch her purse around people. He told me her purse was close to the door before she left, only a few feet from where the subject was standing, now I'm more suspicious lol.
I was reading Lake County Region Scanner Radio on Facebook on MONday they are Citizen Reporters from my Home County and they were chasing tornado's in my old neck of the woods. They had video of a couple of them touching down if anyone's interested, kinda scary brought back memories one of them was pretty big and lasted a couple minutes. Was going to listen to KFI program 2pm-6pm but for some reason the radios I have, Suck. I have an Old School 70's AM-FM in storage but cannot get to it, seems like Older products though not as modern are better products. I haven't forgotten and just as soon as I get a reliable radio I will listen to the show. One more thing till later, if you don't like seeing my posts all over the place tell the crooks to stop breaking the law. Every time I hear something that sounds serious I feel an obligation to post to warn everyone or it could be OCD. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- 415pc Domestic male brandished a knife and broke a door he left before police arrived
- 1200 Block of Mountain View Road.
- 594pc Vandalism in the 5400 Block of Carpinteria Ave
- Sidewalk Hazard white 4-Door sedan parked on the sidewalk in the 900 Block of Spring street
- Wrong way driver First Block of East Haley possible DUI Driver
- 415pc Unknown type at Indio Muerto and Voluntario.
- 602pc Trespassing in the 4200 Block of Calle Real.
- Neighbor Dispute 1200 Block of Robbins oil spilled from a vehicle or poured on the road not sure which Fire department responded for Hazardous condition
- Fire reported out Sterns Wharf x 2 on MONday there was a small fire with flames at around Midnight
- Public Assist First Block of North LaCumbre elderly male located in the neighborhood I think the man did not know where he was not sure
- Med call for a fall victim in the 1500 Block of Bath street
- 459pc Burglary 100 Block of Victory Drive
- Premises check Oak Park
- Drunk at East Side Park 200 Block of North Soledad code 40
- 415pc Over a dog bite State street at Cota serious bite Fire Department, Medics, SBPD response suspect ran away and took the dog with him. Suspect a BMA dog grey and white pitbull Suspect possible transient victim transported to Cottage Hospital
- Stolen vehicle recovery in the 300 Block of West Los Olivos
- 400 Block of Whitman 459pc, Possible
- Check the Welfare of a subject not seen in a month 500 Block of East Anapamu
- Alcohol Overdose UCSB parking lot 18
- 415 Subject harassing 1400 Block of Olive
- 415 Domestic Son hitting his Mother 1200 Block of Gillespie
- Wires down 400 Block of North Hope
- Package was stolen off porch 3000 Block of Edgewater 3 HMA's on bicycles seen.
- Did not hear exact location but heard Amtrak Radio engineer talking about some Dumb Bass near a homeless camp playing chicken with the trains.
- 415pc Roon Mates on Broodmar Plaza.
- Tree Branch on house in the 700 Block of Castillo.
- 20002 Ortega at State street jerks jumped out of suspect vehicle and attempted to beat up the victim of the vehicle they hit last seen Southbound in a black Prius punks.
- Someone took 500 Boxes of celery valued at 500.00 Dollars not sure where that was you can find boxes of celery in a dumpster for free may not be as fresh but still good.
- 594pc 800 Block of Cliff Drive.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Burglary 1100 Block of Coast Village Road crooks got away for now.
- Possible Mountain Lion sighting near Fire Station 4 on Ontare Road.
- 459 Audible alarm, no crime 100 Block of East Victoria.
- Premises check at the Hilton.
- Med Call in a vehicle just West of Cold Springs Bridge.
- Leaf Blower in the 3000 Block of State street many places still using gas leaf blowers.
- Suspicious subject wearing a mask waving a large stick DLG at Santa Barbara streets.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park.
- Heard there was a child birth at a state beach not sure which one but I think it was Carpinteria State Beach.
- SOS Text from a Father to a Daughter check the welfare at a boys camp near Cachuma Lake for the father heard code 4 all was well.
- 415 Transient threatened a reporting party BMA suspect 100 Block of Garden street.
- Transient with a shopping cart taking property out of a vacant building Ortega at Olive.
- SBPD on a detail at McKinley School 350 Loma Alta
- Jeep into a parked vehicle 1600 Block of Robbins.
- Fall victim head injury Alta Lucero 3880 Via Lucero.
- Premises check 800 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Visitors Center First Block of Garden street subject in the bathroom half naked blocking the door, SBPD responded I think the person was arrested I heard someone yelling at a cop echoing in the backround sounded like a bathroom.
- Dump Truck stolen 301 East Yanonali keys left in the ignition, I doubt they will be leaving them in there again. Truck found within a few moments in Montecito.
- 415 Domestic possible 242 Assault involved 800 Block of Wentworth.
- 415 Fight broke up quickly in the 800 Block of North Milpas street.
- Missing fire arms from a residence in the 2100 Block of Refugio Road.
- 246 at Refugio, and Alamo Pintado near a bike trail intoxicated subject waving a knife in the air HMA, SBSO was on a possible last I heard.
- Missing child at Stevens Park but found right a way.
Well that is all outta me for now Have a Wonderful WEDnesday... Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Tomscina, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J.,Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Pat, Mavis, Eddie, Bambi, Ricky, Bengie,Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Mrs. MacArthur, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger
May 29, 2019 07:47 AM
Roger to the rescue. You probably scared that guy away and saved the woman some grief.
May 29, 2019 08:24 AM
The man at the Visitor center is a transient with severe mental problems, but very harmless & devout & quotes bible scripture often.
What I found most disturbing though, was how funny the cop thought this man's turmoil was, as well as Wheel-fun's Trolley, driver & passengers all had a good laugh at a persons demons...
SHAME ON COPS & WHEEL-CRUELTY!.
May 29, 2019 10:13 AM
Did you speak to the police officer and the other people and tell them that? I heard some of the yelling in the back round of the call and it sounded border line threatening it was echoing off the walls of the bathroom..
May 29, 2019 08:48 AM
I think her Son actually stopped anything from happening if something does happen to her I know who I'm going to be looking for...
May 30, 2019 08:07 AM
Send me the tornado videos. A reminder of “Sweet Home. Chicago”. Twice I watched one of my sisters blow off of the ground, grabbing my parents and her stocky brother. She was terrified.
Tornadoes are quite the spectacle. Ps. A woman raised in Hammond just moved into my building. I told her to tune into your often- irreverent-but-always-salient-and-informative ramblings.
May 30, 2019 04:16 PM
Cool there is a women here from Hammond? The videos are on Face book under Lake County region Scanner something or otter I'm sure you can find it..:)