Scanner Reports 2-7-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
The other day when I heard someone was going door to door asking for money, I did not hear that they had a product they were offering. When someone posted they were selling candy I remembered the guys that do that to support their stay in a halfway house. I bought that candy years ago, I cannot remember what I paid for it. Sometimes when I write these reports and I'm being critical of someone's actions I remember that I did the same thing or something like it in the past. I feel like a total hypocrite being critical of someone else for something I had done even though it was in the past and I have openly admitted that I broke the law. I wasn't very good at it, I was kinda like the Three Stooges rolled into one. I guess that is why when I comment on some of the criminal cases I say Dumb Bass, I'm really talking to my young self because I was a Dumb Bass.
Salinas, 1980. I stayed with my Uncle in Carmel Valley for a couple weeks then he booted me out so I wandered the streets of Salinas for a couple days then went to the Salvation Army. They had a house in a residential neighborhood where they let men stay, there was no supervision but there was a snitch. I moved in and stayed sober 3 weeks then one day showed up for work drunk, barfing in my bosses breakfast cereal, which in turn made him barf. I worked for Servpro cleaning services. Anyway, I got paid and headed for the liquor store, bought a bunch of beer and ice, went home filled up the washing machine with ice and beer and proceeded to get drunker, several other residents joined me, we all got snitched out and since I was the one who bought the beer I was tossed out. I was camping nearby in a field near the Welfare office. I don't remember the street names but I remember the places there in that field. I hooked up with another Bum like myself. We moved to another area up the street and with the money I had left got good and drunk for a few days mostly on T-Bird wine only the best quality wine for me. I think it was 1.30 a bottle back then.
After a few days, we ran out of money so we started shoplifting from the local Luckys store, he would go in and steal items like dog collars come out to give me the item. I'd go back in and get a refund we got away with that for a couple days then he suggested Door to Door panhandling. I suggested we go to churches first because churches always helped except in our case they didn't, we got the Woody Guthrie brushoff. Woody Guthrie mentions in his autobiography "Bound for Glory" that he went to a church and asked for food in exchange for work but was turned away by the priest. We were turned away also so one early evening we went Door to Door asking not for food or money but for old blankets because it was around this time of year and kinda chilly at night. Just about every door we knocked on we were given either blankets, food, or money no one was nasty to us, not one person and no one called the police either. A couple days later he got General Relief and I moved on. That is my MILPAS UNDERPANTS AND I'M STICKING TO THEM! HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Probation check 600 Block of Olive.
- 415pc Subject yelling at MTD 1020 Chapala I don't know why he is yelling at the bus station
- PD on a subject 100 Block of West Anapamu.
- Check the Welfare of a subject in the 4200 Block of Calle Real.
- PD On a wanted subject at Vera Cruz Park.
- Premises check 100 Block of North Calle Chavez.
- A bicyclist was Failure to Yield in the 1300 Block of Castillo but pulled over in the 1400 Block of Castillo.
- 415pc Female yelling in the Woman's restroom at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church 227 North Nopal.
- Unoccupied 10851pc Stolen auto 1500 Block of Dutton.
- Female being wrapped in the Milpas UNDERPANTS I went over there to check out the action from afar 40 feet or so. No wrap for me you can't even itch if you have one. Just before the incident, the Police had with that the Gal I walked through there with my walker and my scanner in my back pocket, a couple idiots started talking smack to me about the scanner. I kept walking but if one of them would have come upon me I woulda stood up sort of ain't running from some punk. A few moments later he did not say anything to me, there were 4 guys and that Gal the one that got wrapped up you resist the Police you get wrapped none of her little boyfriends were there when she was getting wrapped I guess they are tough when the Police are not around.
- On a subject Montecito street at the tracks
- Heard a Cal Star Transmission heading for Cottage don't know where it happened but an 80-Year-old man who was missing for 2 Days was found on the floor of his garage in an altered state his temp was 92.1 he had a heart rate of 48, blood pressure 82/37 That was all I got on him.
- Med call unconscious subject 4800 Block of Sandyland in Carpinteria.
- Fire Alarms at Val Verde 900 Block of Calle Los Amigos.
- Unresponsive subject in the back of an SBSO Vehicle from El Capitan to Cottage code 3 (lights and sirens).
- Med call at the Casino.
- 415pc First Block of Calle Crespas, Family 415pc.
- 2 Males in the bushes possibly with a fire 160 South LaCumbre nothing found per Engine 4.
- Suspicious Black Males reported near the Sandpiper Lodge 3505 State street possibly a 5150 call Premises check.
- 415pc Investigation at Alta Lucero someone entering a patient's room without their permission.
- Med call 1200 Block of Carpinteria street.
- Premises check 1200 Block of Liberty Street
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Code 40, Drunk male in his 60's wearing a suit walking into the bike station removing a bicycle at Anapamu and Anacapa, SBPD caught up with him there on the corner.
- Fire Alarms Ringing 400 Block of West Padre.
- Suicidal Subject 1100 Block of San Andres sent a text to a friend unknown if they went through with it.
- 10851's In Santa Maria a 2000 grey GMC Sierra taken as the keys were in the ignition and the vehicle was running, a few minutes later a 2004 Ford F-150 IN THE 600 Block of North Currier street also stolen keys in the ignition vehicle running.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Med call The Faulding 15 East Haley.
- CHP Officer bitten by a dog highway 101 Mission street Off Ramp.
- 415pc Subject refusing to leave PATH 816 Cacique.
- Found property 1200 Block of East Mason.
- Code 60 Vehicle blocking 2100 Block of Oak Park Lane.
- Code 40 Drunk unable to walk or stand 1200 Block of CVR.
- Illegal campers MILPAS UNDERPANTS 49 South Milpas.
- Bath at the Railroad Tracks on a subject.
- Wanted Subject near Silly Hall DLG side 10,000.00 Warrant.
- Checking a guy for Wants and Warrants at Ortega Park it was the same guy who took my package off the porch he went away on one warrant for the weekend.
- Lewd subject by the Dumpsters at the Carrillo rec center
- Premises check lot 11, 500 Block of Anacapa.
- Audible alarm 1100 Block of State street
- Illegal Camper on a Lounge Chair DLG side of Silly Hall WMA in a hooded sweatshirt sitting in a lounge chair
- 459pc To a storage unit Wye Road at Calle Real
- Female search, need female officer 800 Block of Vine.
- 5 Juveniles drinking alcohol East Side Park 200 North Soledad.
- Juveniles hanging out on the Walking Bridge 1200 Block of Cacique Street.
- SBPD on foot patrol 500 Block of State street.
- 459pc Investigation on a residence in the 1500 Block of West Valerio.
- SBPD Officers checking out Homeless Camps off Bath highway 101, On a group Haley Street on ramp, possibly near Castillo and Highway 101 Also.
Will That is all outta me for now. Have a great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Lola, PoPo,, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry,Patrick, Christy, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Mark, Willie, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Bengie, Ricky, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santa, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger