Scanner Reports 11-15-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I was 8 years old, it was a warm Spring Day just before school would let out for the Summer Break. I woke up feeling not so good. My stomach hurt really bad and I felt sick. I got out of bed and went into the living room and laid on the couch. My mom thought I was faking sick so I could watch TV all day but I wasn't and as the day went on I hurt more, my mom kept nitpicking me all day. "You just wait till your Father gets home!" she kept barking. I could not remember if I got up for anything. I know I did not eat, I laid there all day into the night. My father got home in the late evening he worked 12-Hour days. When I was around 10 years old I found out he worked a regular shift then on the way home he stopped off to bang his girlfriend, it kinda sucks finding out your parents are fooling around with others when your young but at 10 years of age I was thinking of killing people so their affairs were really the least of my concerns.
Dear old Dad came into the living room and told me to get off the couch, I told him I was in pain, he told me to get off the couch again. I was in agony but I did and he says "Let me see where it hurts." I lifted my shirt and showed him my lower right side where it was swollen and red. My mom looked at it in horror she knew something was wrong, my Dad backed up then suddenly drop kicked my stomach. I remember the pain as if something exploded then I passed out. When I came to I was laying on the floor My Uncle, who lived next door was standing there looking down at me with his best friend Zeke, a combat Medic, was home on leave from Vietnam. Zeke bent down took a look at my stomach and got a real angry look on his face, he got up and punched my Dad right in the face knocking Baldy Locks out cold he then grabbed my Dads car keys picked me up ran me out to the car placed me in the back seat turned the old Buick over and floored it all the way to Saint Margaret's Hospital yelling the whole time. "Stay with me we're almost there!" My stomach was so bad they put me in a little room in the E.R. section on a steel table and removed my burst appendix there. All these years later remembering the room I think it was used for autopsies. I guess that is how ill I was. I woke up 3 days later with my Dad kneeling at my side praying and crying. He begged my forgiveness and swore he would never hit me again. I accepted his apology and forgave him, 6 Months later he beat me up again. That dropkick to my appendix was the worse I ever got it from him. I have never had worse pain in all my life. Had it not been for my Uncle Ricky and his best friend I would have been toast at eight years of age. Zeke is not around anymore he passed away years ago of a heart attack, he should have been added to the names years ago I will add him now. HERE ARE YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 459pc Audible alarm Chucks of Hawaii 3800 Block of State street
- 459pc Audible Alarm at a residence in the 400 Block of East Figueroa
- Probation Check 800 Block of Orange Ave
- 415 Family Daughter in Law and Son 100 Block of Dearborne Place I wonder who called it in?
- Probation check 700 Block of Bond Avenue.
- Grand Theft investigation 132 Harbor Way Fishing equipment.
- Gas pipe break due to construction 1100 Block of Arbalado
- 415pc Subject at Starbucks 1235 State street
- 594pc Vandalism at the Massage Parlor in the 4000 Block of Calle Real Old man broke a light with his cane, guess he won't be going there anymore
- 415pc Transient yelling in front of the Sober Center.
- Subject passed out in a vehicle 1400 Block of Clifton.
- Vehicle theft 500 Block of Ricardo.
- Med call 3400 Block of Modoc Road.
- Autistic out of control child 242ed Assaulted their Mother, East Side.
- Med call turned out to be a Drunk Call Stearns Wharf at the Santa Barbara Shell Fish Company.
- Medical call 700 Block of Pacacho for a Traumatic injury
- Med call 1000 Block of DLV.
- 459pc To a vehicle YMCA 36 Hitchcock.
- 415 Domestic 200 Block of Shirley Lane 2 Males fighting in the driveway one has a pipe.
- Med call Mid Town Santa Barbara 1144 Death rest in peace.
- Highway 101 at Los Positas traffic accident.
- Missed locations but Drunk driver hit several vehicles driver was a female in a black Mercedes the SBPD caught her.
- Vehicle Accident Highway 101 Northbound North of the Gaviota Tunnel.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Vehicle Fire Chevy Malibu possibly 10851pc Stolen someone filled it with branches possible Arson Lompoc Between Casmalia and Point Sal.
- Aggressive Panhandler threatens to chop off employees head at Arco 340 West Carrillo last seen heading toward the commuter parking lot 400 Block of West Carrillo.
- Vehicle rollover Prisma and Highway 246.
- Premises check Bohnett Park.
- Vehicle accident highway 101 Southbound North of the Carrillo street Offramp Green pickup truck vs School Bus minor injuries.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Premises check Los Patos at the Rail Road Tracks.
- Burglary in the MILPAS UNDERPANTS? Yep that is what I heard the suspect was caught up to at Nopolitos and Carpinteria I wonder what he broke into in the MILPAS UNDERPANTS? A shopping cart? There was a 459pc Commercial to the Stop and Rob the other night corner of Cacique and Milpas but who knows what there is to break into in the MILPAS UNDERPANTS?
- Medical call Subject passed away rest in peace on Soledad on the Eastside.
- 3 Males possibly attempting to break into a vehicle 10 West Haley street.
- Attempt 459pc to a Chevy Tahoe at 1414 Park Place the Tennis Courts.
- Suspicious subject in the construction area behind the Harbor View In WMA wearing a red had peddled away on a bicycle.
- Assist the Fire Department on a possible Arson suspect Asian male in his early 20's 500 Block of Dolores Drive. Not sure what became of this call but they were afraid he might leave before they got to question him but he did not get away before police showed up unknown by me if he is an Arson suspect.
- 455pc Subject at Ledbetter Beach harassing R.P. at the picnic tables in the 800 Block of Shoreline Drive
- Code 2 Medic's at the SBPD don't know why? 215 East Figueroa.
- Drinker by the Galleria wearing Khakis.
- Premise check Ortega Park.
- 242 Assault investigation SBHS.
- Attempt to locate a subject SBCC.
- 400 Block of Ellwood Beach Road 459pc to a vehicle been a lot of those lately.
Will that is all out of me for now Have a wonderful weekend. Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo,, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Tomicina, Andy, Tiny, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Rambo, Sherry, Ross, Diana, Jim, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Magruger, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, LUCY!, STOBIE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Ernie Banks, Mickey Mantle, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger