Scanner Reports 10-23-17
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Where do you get your news? I get mine mostly on the internet but love reading a paper I like the LA Times. It wasn't always that way, my favorite paper was of course my hometown paper the Hammond Times, now called the NWI Times on the internet NWI for North West Indiana. My 2nd best papers were the Chicago Tribune, and the Sun Times both Chicago papers. Bob Greene used to be my favorite columnist he wrote for the Tribune nowadays I like reading Steve Lopez. I get the LA Times on SUNday cause it's cheap, under 10 bucks a year just for SUNday plus the coupons save me a couple bucks now and then.
My main source of news is Facebook, when I see a news item of interest on the side I click on it. If I want to see more I google it for the most informative news, sometimes I post things on my page for others to see. I hate all the political crap but I'm addicted and debate others also. I found myself in a small group of Folks where we spend more time cracking on each other for our political beliefs than the news at hand. I find it's better to try and keep things light than threatening to maim, kill, and condemn each other with guns, swords, and Woodchippers. Though we don't all get a-bong I wouldn't mind hanging out with these Folks despite our differences they are all good people.
For local stuff I like checking out the local citizen reporters on Facebook, 805 Breaking news and an S.Y. News page. I like reading their page also see what is going on in the area even though I haven't been in that neck of the woods like forever. I also read the LOCO professional snooze guys, sometimes to confirm something I heard and posted. Raw scanner feed isn't always right on or the full story, it's the first call reporting the incident.
I don't know about everyone else but I have said some wild things to the dispatcher calling in incidents, accidents, and crimes in progress through the years. I still remember the craziest one I ever called in. It was a Thanksgiving back in the early 90's, I was outside of my home in the 1800 Block of Bath street enjoying a cigarette when I heard tires squealing to a stop. I heard someone beating feet then a woman gasp, "Oh my God, did you see that guy there was blood all over the place!" Then I heard a guy growl "Get in the cab lets get the Uck outta here!" I thought the poor woman was being kidnapped I could not see these folks they were on the other side of these tall bushes near Islay and Bath streets I saw the cab go flying by though. I called it in saying something weird must be going on over on Islay. There was but the police told me it was nothing leading me to think I was hearing things and losing my mind, Booger Heads.
A couple months later I heard about it by reading about it in the End of Year Crime Census. It was this uninvited guest to Thanksgiving with friends on Islay who became threatening and ended up dead. I cannot recall exactly what happened but no one carved the Turkey that night. If I would have had a scanner I would have heard what happened but I was in between scanners then, out of work. I had sold my scanner, too bad because for months after hearing what I heard I thought I was going over the edge. I took a break calling things in after that.
It's too bad Facebook wasn't around then I would have posted the incident and most likely Neighbors where the incident occurred would know enough to confirm something was going on and I wouldn't have thought I was wacked. Social Media is important for getting the news out quick it puts pressure on the professional News Agencies who are starting to become obsolete compared to online news sources.
Scanner Reports FRYday:
- Found property possible stolen credit card 331 West Montecito 7-11.
- Theft of a purse at the Bacara.
- Carjacked vehicle found wrecked Palermo at Mococ in an embankment near the railroad tracks.
- Report of a woman in a wheelchair lighting newspapers on fire DLG at State street she was gone when police arrived.
- Ill subject at McDonalds 29 North Milpas.
- A couple RoadRagers South on State from Mission brown Audi and a silver CRV.
- 415 Subject at Codys restaurant on Hollister possible cruelty to a dog.
- 1144 Death 300 Block of West Mission rest in peace.
- Stolen bicycle SMHS Turnpike and Hollister.
- AMR Transport Cottage to PHF.
- Fight at Skaters point involving an adult male.
- Injury traffic accident 700 Block of West Carrillo.
- Crazy stuff all weekend 200 Block of Oceano fights using baseball bats, fire extinguishers, broken windows, subjects yelling breaking things up in a possibly vacant apartment.
- Alamar at Puesta Del Sol vehicle vs bicyclist head injury.
- Smoking trashcan foot of the Wharf.
- Fight - Domestic involving a homeless couple male beat the female they both ran from the police and were found on SBCC property.
- Vehicle accident head injury highway 154 at 246 Roundabout.
- Hit and Run investigation 500 Block of West Carrillo.
- 1200 Block of San Pascual 273.5 investigation.
- Drunk pacing and yelling 1600 Block of Mountain Ave.
- A female in front of the city police department wants to report that she is being attacked in her sleep.
- Assault 600 Block of West Guiterrez.
- Somewhere in Santa Barbara a wife hit her husband with the TV Remote and he called the police on her.
Scanner Reports Saturday
- First thing in the morning 7:36am Heard one gun shot it was not a firework it was a gunshot East Side anyone else hear it?
- Ill subject Villa Alamar 45 East Alamar.
- Shots heard Paradise Camp Road from a Shotgun or a rifle, Dispatch said it was Quail Hunting season.
- Medical call for back pain 700 Block of Woodlin.
- Traumatic foot injury 300 Block of South Voluntario.
- Bicyclist down 4800 Block of Foothill road.
- Injury accident Garden at Haley vehicle into a building.-Bicyclist vs vehicle 2500 Block of Bella Vista Drive.
- Montgomery at Emerson Fall victim.
- Three Vehicle accident 500 Block of West Carrillo
- Family fight- Throw Momma from the house 1600 Block of San Andres
- Neighbors fighting over a chicken and a dog. I did not catch the address but I think one of them was from Arkansas, and the other one was from Georgia something about standing in knee deep water.
- 273.5 Domestic violence 600 Block of Bradberry.
- Medical emergency for someone who was unconscious after inhaling paint 2200 Block of South Bradley in Walmarts parking lot.
- Sexual battery investigation Cottage Hospital.
- First block of East Arrellaga 459 Burglary.
- Loud Party in a back Yard in the 200 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Non injury traffic accident both parties refusing to exchange info 3400 Block of Richland Drive.
- Transient spitting on restaurant customers sitting on a patio on Los Patos Way last seen walking toward the Turd refuge.
- Medical call unknown type near the Volleyball courts.
- Report of a subject waving a knife with a 3 or 4 inch blade around near the Car Wash on Montecito West SBPD caught up with the subject near JJ's liquor.
Sunday Scanner Reports
- Harbor Patrol was on a Wanted Subject first thing this morning in the Mens Restroom at Marina 4 subject had a no bail felony warrant and was already on probation for numerous things went back to jail for more.
- Fall victim with a head injury 200 Block of Amhearst Place.
- 273.5 Domestic violence on Via Lotto, victim left home and was waiting at the Sub Station.
- Male in front of Fire Station one carrying a guitar and wearing black boots thinks he is being followed.
- UNknown type of 415 at the Alano Club 235 East Cota police responded someone was arrested never found out why.
- Heard there were protesters at Storke and Hollister don't know why?
- Bicyclist down in the 4600 Block of Carpinteria Avenue.
- Report of a female draining her lizard in the 1100 Block of State street.
- Earthquake in Carpinteria 2.1.
- Keep the Peace on Hollister at Public Storage Unknown reason.
- Vehicle accident non injury Highway 101 Northbound at Milpas off-ramp.
- Stolen van VW EURO Van grey taken from the 400 Block of South Fairview Personal plate part MAGIC??.
- I heard there was a plane off a runway somewhere but could not confirm where exactly if it was in Goleta or one of our many other airports it will pop up in the news somewhere.
- Santa Maria...People living over on Saturn report they hear a woman screaming on Uranus some kind of 415 Domestic.
- Shoplifter in a store in the 5800 Block of Calle Real.
- Suspicious vehicle on Carpinteria Avenue beige older model van cruising around the industrial area suspiciously.
- Medical call for Leg cramps in the 7200 Block of Hollister.
- Smoke investigation no fire in the area of Micheltorena and Gillespie.
- Double Accidental Overdose in the 900 Block of Miramonte prescription medication.
I hear these Medical calls for Back pain, Leg Cramps, neck pain HELL I got em all I spent my SaTURDay trying not to move it hurt so bad I'm going back on my vitamins to see if that helps Anyway Have a great MONday-MONday.......Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, Rambo, Sherry, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday.