Scanner Reports 10-21-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
A long time ago when I first moved here and I was drinking, I saw this couple hanging around the front of the Habit across the street. Every day I saw them over there around dinner time. I never saw them panhandling but that is what they were doing. One day when I was kinda drunk I invited them over to party and grub. I took the guy with me to Carl's for burgers leaving the gal here. I bought a lot of food for all of us stopped at Thrifty Jr. for more beer and came back. When I opened the door I caught the gal in my closet going through my things, that should have been the end of it but being the dumb shit I was I let it go. We got good and drunk, ate the food while partying. The guy told me he killed someone once I guess it was his way of scaring me into being their patsy but I said "Yea me too I killed someone once too." and before I passed out saw a look of fear pass over him that was how I knew he was full of shit. The next day I told them "Bye" I was lucky they did not stick me when I was sleeping.
Every day around dinner time they showed up and besides a beer, after that day I did not give them shit, they were thieves. Once was enough, I wasn't going to give them another chance but they would not go away they shadowed me. Every time I left my pad even for a second I locked my door. The building next door was just being built and for a time was an open shelter, they were sleeping in it. One night they were in there fighting with others so I went across the street and called the police on them. They told the police that they were staying with their Good Buddy Roger. The police brought them over here and knocked on my door when I opened the door these idiots whispered: "Tell the police you know us or else." "Yes can I help you?" I asked the officers, "Do you know these people?" an officer asked. "No should I?" They went to jail. When they got out they came right over here started giving me shit about calling the police on them and threatening me. I grabbed a butcher knife and told them if they ever came back I was gonna cut em up and eat them. I never saw them again, they ripped off some guys van and left town the next day. I took in many people through the years mostly when I was in AA because some people told me I should never turn down an AA request and I thought helping others was part of the program so Dumb Bass me took everyone in. Most of the time I got screwed over, one time I got ripped off for $1,850 in cash. Now since I disagree with taking people in and letting them take advantage of me I'm told I have no compassion, sometimes I'd like to give someone a nice Hawaiian Punch right up their Ya Zoo!
A couple weeks ago I was called a NIMBY because I sided with neighbors a Hood over on the decision against another shelter on the East Side by a Homeless Activist, she borderline threatened me and told me in a fight she would beat me then she started saying "It's nice I have housing" etc, like she was going to have one of her Buddies take it away. Will eat my shorts all to hell, I aien't no ones little Patsy. I have housing because I'm low income and disabled not because I'm scratching someones back and they're scratching mine, that is how they roll. Just because I'm poor means I have to be what they are for and kiss their butts. I don't think so. I remember when the homeless shelter first opened and someone was taking out full page ads in the LA Times letting everyone know that there was a shelter here then when all the people got here not all of them were taken in the 12 year goal to end homelessness turned into the 20 Year, now I think it's a Hundred years or something like it. It has become an industry, a business. I know alot more about other people around here then "They Think" I do. I don't like stupid head games or scratching backs so keep the hell away from me. If I want to vote one way or the other I'm going to do it and it's no ones bizness...That is my MILPAS UNDERPANTS AND I'M STICKING TO THEM!!!
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Wires down 1300 Block of Indio Muerto.
- Medical Call PATH 816 Cacique
- Code 60 Vehicles blocking 1200 Block of Liberty, and 1200 Block of Guiterrez.
- 415pc Disturbance, in the 400 Block of East Haley
- Fire test Call Fire Station One 121 West Carillo.
- Report of 2 males beating up a male juvenile in Bohnett Park near the creek several others involved the police could not find them because they were hiding nearby. I don't understand why run from the police they just want to help.
- Code 2 Medic's to the Foot Patrol office in the 6500 Block of Trigo for a hand laceration.
- Med call 1700 Block of Anacapa.
- Med call at Marborg in the 700 Block of Cacique Truck one was near by so they responded.
- Fall victim Medical call in the 2100 Block of Sycamore Canyon Road.
- Vegetation Fire on Palmer in Santa Maria.
- Ventura County Structure Fire 1100 Block of Walnut Drive.
- 415pc in the 500 Block of San Pascual.
- Wires down 2600 Block of Plesta Del Sol
- Vehicle stalled Blocking in the 1100 Block of Coast Village Road.
- Subject refusing to leave McDonalds in the 3900 Block of State street.
- Dumpster Fire Building 525 UCSB.
- Motorcyclist down 2500 Block of H Street in Lompoc near Harris Grade.
- Check the Welfare of a male Transient rolling on the ground and yelling in the 2300 Block of DLV.
- For those of you who know Simon U. from Oak Park he is over at PATH in a wheel chair I saw him around the neighborHOOD. He is still standing sort of... I have known him many years we did not get along at first because he wanted one of my girlfriends he denies the fact but I remember One time he had some guy laying in wait for me behind a door the guy had a knife I tackled the door it was the funniest thing the guy just sort of fell on the ground I weighed 420 pounds then. I was crazy drunk back then. It's good to see Simon still kicking, sort of.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle 4200 Block of Pozo Circle.
- Medical Emergency and Building Inspector to a residence in the 1400 Block of Bath street I don't know if something in the residence caused the Medical Emergency?
- Theft investigation in a residence in the 1400 Block of DLV.
- 415 Subject in the 600 Block of DLV Breaking items in a residence.
- 1400 Block of North Fairview Subject concerned of a neighbor who is having a bonfire on Holiday Hill.
- 415 Domestic 600 Block of West Cota.
- Illegal burn Ellwood Bluffs, and bon fires on the beach in that area.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Med call 3900 Block of State street.
- Check the Welfare of a subject laying on the beach in the 200 Block of West Cabrillo
- Check the Welfare of a code 40, Drunk Down in the 1900 Block of Cliff Drive
- Med call 1200 Block of East Cota Street.
- Smoke Alarm going off in a guest house in the 1800 Block of Cravens Lane
- Illegal burn x2 Along the Rail Road Tracks 140 South Calle Caesar Chavez to Garden street
- Smoke Check Hot Springs, San Ysidro Trail Heads 1200 Block of East Mountain.
- Threats investigation 200 Block of West Ortega
- Premises check Chase Palm Part Ext.
- Illegal camp Cacique at Milpas lots of Pizza Boxes over there.
- Medical call 816 Cacique.
- Check the Welfare of an animal in a black Mercedes in the 400 Block of West Pueblo.
- On 2 Subjects 100 Block of Powers
- Highway 154 at Foothill boxes dumped all over the road.
- Brown at Highway one some kind of serious injury in a field.
- Burglary and Stolen vehicle investigation in the 1000 Block of Bath street.
- Non injury traffic accident involving a Frito Lay Truck Noooooo! not Frito Lay! my chips are going to be late!
- SBPD on a Drinker in the 700 Block of Cacique street.
- Kids at Skaters Point being bullies and blocking in a vehicle 100 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Check the Welfare of a Drunk Female Barfing in the 100 Block of Anacapa.
- Subjects gang types on the Foot Bridge 1200 Block of Cacique 2 Arrested.
- Loud potty 1400 Block of Gillispe
- Med call 3880 Via Lucero room 106.
- Some kind of party at the Church in the 1000 Block of East Mason one parent picking up her daughter noticed several teenagers passed out and requested their welfare checked.
- Somewhere in the County missed location Overdose on Marijuana.
- Suspicious Circumstances at Amtrak couple a male and a female looking at the reporting party strangely.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- SBPD On a Subject at Ortega Park
- SBPD on a bicyclist 1000 Block of State street
- 459 Audible alarm 2700 Block of State street.
- Smoke investigation South Milpas at Cabrillo no Fire according to engine 2.
- Smoke investigation behind Holy Cross Church in the 1700 Block of Cliff Drive Prevention also responded I assume there was a fire there.
- Traffic Accident vehicle vs Pedestrian Castillo at Islay.
- Fall victim med call 2700 Block of Miradero.
- Subject walking on the Freeway at Evans in Summerland per the Fire Department CHP and SBSO Showed up.
- Several reports of smoke seen highway 101 Southbound at Summerland sounded like cooking fires.
- Med call leg pain 200 Block of West Mason.
- 2 Juveniles sleeping comfortably in a stolen SUV in the 400 Block of West Islay ZZZZZzzzzz..
- Med call at the Moxi 125 State street Unknown Type.
- Suspicious subject 15 South Hope Ave subject sitting in a vehicle smoking H&S.
- Motorcyclist down Maricopa at Pine Mountain in Ventura County the front wheel came off of the bike.
- Medical Call 816 Cacique PATH.
- Fire Alarms no fire Hotel Santa Barbara in the 500 Block of State street.
- SBPD on a pedestrian in the 100 Block of Powers.
- Med call 5200 Block of Hollister.
- Check the Welfare of a code 40, Drunk in a wheel chair at Micheltorena and Bath streets.
- Report of smoldering brush along side the freeway Southbound at Evans in Summerland no smoldering brush found.
- SBPD Assisting SBSO looking for a Suicidal subject near the Douglass Family Preserve on the Mesa.
Will it's getting Windy out there again I hope they aren't going to shut down the power before I get this done Anyway Have a Great MONday-MONday..Remember Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo,Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Mrs. MacArthur, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO,KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger
Oct 21, 2019 09:10 AM
What's an "overdose on marijuana?" Does that mean they actually overdosed and needed medical intervention or did they freak out from being too high or something? Just curious.
Oct 21, 2019 10:07 AM
My daughter doesn't like me using the word "hate", but I really really HATE thieves. Taking something, without permission, that belongs to someone else....... you never know how important something is to someone..... my favorite saying..... "one persons trash, is another persons treasure". Might look like "trash" to you, but it's a treasure and memory for me. (and yes, I might put too much importance and value on objects).
I like reading your stories, your history, your life, your perspective.
Oct 21, 2019 11:43 AM
I still have that 2 Dollar bill you sent me for "Good Luck" years ago..I like the vegetable high it's nice I think maybe people think a pot overdose is when they get anxiety smoking it. The best medication for a marijuana too high Water, Music, Dance like a dead head with the shades drawn, eat, Calming tea, meditation..2 Hits do it for me too and I save alot of money I use it for meds more than anything. The word Hate is there for a reason it doesn't sound like an entirely bad word to me I hate thieves too though there was a time I was one for survival mostly but when I was a drunk too...Things sure are different without alcohol...Thanks for your comments. :)
Oct 21, 2019 10:12 AM
Well, when I was younger, if I smoked too much pot, I would basically turn into a vegetable ! I used to say, ...... I can't smoke pot, because you'll have to sit me in a corner and give me anything crunchy & treats..... But, after working at the Bowl, and smelling / breathing 2nd-hand pot smoke, I realized that when I was younger, I was smoking too much pot..... Just a couple "hits" will do it for me...... (I don't smoke anything anymore, and I don't have a taste for alcohol either)!
Oct 21, 2019 01:23 PM
An overdose of marijuana is probably when you just sit down and go to sleep.
Oct 21, 2019 04:44 PM
I'm overdosing on Little Caesars pizza right now.
Oct 21, 2019 06:59 PM
From the net: " Can you overdose on marijuana? Yes and no. If you’re asking if you can overdose and die from marijuana: the answer is no, its not very likely. However, you can experience extreme anxiety (panic attacks) or psychotic reactions (where you lose touch with reality and may become paranoid) after consuming high potency marijuana strains with high levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Additionally, people can and do injure themselves because of marijuana’s effects on judgment, perception, and coordination. Further, marijuana accents the effects of other drugs; this is why mixing marijuana and alcohol can lead to a high level of intoxication, risky behavior and/or intensified effects of drinking."
Oct 21, 2019 10:01 PM
That's so cool that you still have that "lucky" $2 bill !