Scanner Reports 10-18-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
This power thing, I guess I did not realize we were going back into the old days by shutting off our own power for days so Southern California Edison can be saved from the blame of possibly burning down the state because of their own inability to change their ancient ways of powering the state in the first place. For some reason it's our fault. I guess I'll see everyone in a week unless of course you're poor and on a machine that keeps you alive then I hope you have a generator and $30 a day to keep it running. I have paid my utilities for over 20 years in this place sharing a third of the cost with 2 others in another apartment because we are hooked up together but sometimes there are more than two others and I really get stung but I never complained because I rather not be homeless. The King likes sitting upon his own throne and reading for hours on his end but now I might have to read by candlelight because SCE is turning off the light switch. If they did things the right way in the first place we would not have to pay for their problem. I think they should buy all of us a generator and $30 in gas per day to keep it running but that's just me.
I just bought food guess I'll have to eat it all at once then buy ramen I can soak in tap water till it gets soft enough to eat or maybe I can have a cooking fire in the yard with the wind blowing every which way, the homeless do it why can't I? Someone said I would not be able to flush my toilet without power. I don't live on that side of town I'm on the lower East Side where everything is, no one wants to deal with we still have good old fashion shitters down here and if they don't work Marborg is right down the street I can slip over the fence and use one of their porta potties. Not being allowed to have electricity when it's available because the utility company that provides it doesn't have the right equipment is criminal to me, either way, I will still have to pay a bill what year is this any way we should not have this problem. Is this 1819 or almost 2020?...Oh well It is What it is I guess...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 1046 Coast Village Road burglary to a pharmacy front window broken window frame pushed in
- Medical Call 3700 Block of San Remo
- Illegal campers 1232 DLV
- 415pc Highway 101 Southbound Castillo offramp between a male and a female
- Medical call PATH 816 Cacique
- Premises check Ortega Park
- Alameda Park West Premises check
- Trespasser at the Library 40 East Anapamu
- Shoplifter at Loreto Plaza.
- Subject yelling at Utility workers in the 500 Block of Milpas street. That's a crime now too? Not only do they take our power we cannot yell at them? I wonder if the County Jail has generators?
- Drunk female in front of the Shell gas station yelling in the 3000 Block of State street
- Trespassing Transients on the Dirt lot at Hayward Lumber 300 Block of East Guiterrez
- Check the welfare of a subject heading to the Fellowship Club at Garden and Cota streets who may be suicidal a female
- Smoke investigation highway 101 Southbound near the Garden street offramp turned out to be steam coming out of the silos at the water treatment plant something was not working right over there after a couple of these possible vegetation fire calls went out the fire department asked City workers to shut the silo steamer down
- 2 Subjects disturbing baseball practicers at McKenzie Park
- Road Rage 2900 Block of Puesta Del Sol male hitting the windows on a females vehicle, after that she followed him around town for a bit until he finally ditched her on Los Olivos at Anacapa
- Medical call 500 Block of East Canon Perdido
- Check the Welfare of a male carrying a table and a bicycle at the same time on Modoc between Las Positas and La Cumbre
- Elevator Rescue 900 Block of Anacapa street Parking lot 9 Elevator out of order don't use it
- 415 Transient yelling about the theft of a backpack that sucks I'd be yelling too a bunch of thieves around here.
- Vehicle into parked car San Ofre at Los Positas first reported as a possible drunk driver then a Medical Emergency.
- Stephen P. Yelling profanities and following females on the sidewalk 130 East Anapamu.
- Suspicious subject looking into a residence through the windows 100 Block of Kimberly.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation 3804 State street at Wells Fargo.
- 20002 Investigation Rustys parking lot 232 West Carrillo.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- 415 Transient in a wheelchair disturbing in the 800 Block of Chapala.
- Probation check 900 Block of Yanonali
- Frank Units on the San at Cabrillo running subjects for Wants and Warrants. 600 Block of East Cabrillo on the sand 2 Subjects.
- Probation check 700 Block of Bond.
- Premises check McKenzie Park
- Traffic Accident with injuries Las Positas and Modoc.
- 415 Family Son refusing to leave 1200 Block of APS.
- Check the welfare of two subjects down on the sidewalk in front of a vacant residence in the 300 Block of West Ortega.
- Medical call 200 Block of West Ortega
- Transient refusing to leave and yelling in the 3600 Block of State street Spudnuts.
- Probation check 500 Block of East Canon Perdido.
- Medical call 300 Block of West Ortega.
- Frank units on 2 Subjects at the East Beach Volleyball courts.
- Premises check Parking lot 10.
- Rollover traffic accident Cliff Drive at Thank the Good Dog no one bought the Yankee Farm.
- Interesting call Male Transient seen with a young gal who used to be a student at the High School in the 800 Block of North Nopal the reporting party was reporting possible Drug Activity.
- Premises check Alice Keck Park.
- 415 Transient in a wheel chair still Disturbing in the 800 Block of Chapala street.
A homeless friend of mine came up to me the other day and asked me what was going on with the police harassing the homeless. I basically said they were doing their jobs, people call in and they are responding. He said that he wants people to acknowledge that Homeless people are here. I said they really don't care some citizens are angry at the Homeless for breaking the laws Getting drunk, panhandling, fighting, stealing, crapping and urinating everywhere. I told him there needs to be some leadership in the Homeless Community to Keep the Peace but everyone is different some people don't want to understand or acknowledge the homeless and it is their choice the Police are just doing their jobs. I guess he did not understand it but it is what it is. When I was Homeless 40 Years ago we were not treated as well as the police treats the Homeless now at least I wasn't but they did their jobs then too.
Will I went out bought batteries for my scanner and light went to the water machine got 10 gallons filled up some plastic bottles with water like Coast Watch says to do put it in the freezer warned some neighbors about the power possibly going out. Bought some crackers, gum, got my new Stephen King book all ready have to totally charge my cell phone and that is that. I also voted for Guess whom? Jason Dominguez because he is a doer and not a follower. With that Have a great Weekend and Hope we don't get Shut Off...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Shadow, FREDDIE!,Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Willie, Mark, Lafayette, Ted, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Mrs. MacArthur, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY!,STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you MONday-MONday. Later, Roger