Scanner Reports 1-17-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I have always wanted to thank the responders that have helped me when I was a drunk by buying them gift cards for pizza at Christmas, but I never thought they were allowed to receive gifts. Instead I just tortured them more with my anxiety attacks, but now is my chance. Village Cheese and Wine shop have been feeding hungry responders since the disaster in Montecito occurred for free and they are open to receive donations to continue feeding our heroes. There is a Go Fund Me page and their address is 1485 East Valley Road Montecito Ca. If you just want to send it directly to them which is probably what I will do. Also, there is a "LOST and FOUND" Page on Facebook called Montecito Disaster Lost and Found, on the page is a pair of Diamond earrings that were found in the mud, they look to be worth a lot of money. As I said before there will be many things found in the mud and I hope it is all returned to the rightful owners, but I know different having seen this before knowing how some people can be.
I once knew this guy who I thought was very honest, he had been my friend for many years. One day he told me he was walking into Longs Drugs on State street and he saw an older woman drop 400.00 in cash, he picked up the money and put it in his pocket and walked away. I know it's "Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers" to some people but not to me that sort of thing just isn't right. I hope that as things are found they are returned.
Both of the Homeless men thought to be missing in the mudslides have been found safe in other places. Back in 1983 during the storms I worked at Montecito Shores behind Bonneymede many, many, many, many moons ago, of course, it feels like yesterday but it's hard to remember things. I do remember I went into a parking garage to get out of a downpour and became trapped when the water started to rise. If it wasn't for my co-workers that day I might not be here because I recall the water got pretty deep in there, but these guys pushed on another door and got me out of there. I really hate that I cannot remember 38 years ago, I remember other things but for some reason, I cannot remember the whole incident. I still have the rock that a co-worker found jammed in the drain pipe that drained to the ocean that is the shape and size of a human head. I have been hearing Check the Welfare calls on Seaview that is the street that Montecito Shores is on I met Peter Novak there he is a local contractor and a good friend.
Real nice that everyone is stepping up to help Montecito I never really related much to Montecito not having much money but when I saw some of the ugly comments on news sites about Montecito and the mudslide I got really angry and started calling some of those jerks out. I got so mad that some jerk hacked me on Facebook..."Say what you will about me but when you start messing with my Montecito that is when the gloves come off, and I throw down my cane and fall on the ground." We're all in this together.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday
- Suspicious circumstances would not say what 200 Block of West Constance.
- Transient behind the Dumpster at Denny's refusing to leave.
- Trespasser at Cottage hospital being detained by security.
- Amtrak is refusing to let someone buy a ticket because of a service dog.
- Fall victim outside the Zoo, 500 Nino's fell the day before.
- Check the Welfare of a Transient down 300 Block of West Montecito.
- Suicidal subject 400 Block of Bath street.
- Subject found walking along side Buena Vista Creek being escorted out of town by SunDown.
- Subject trying to get into a home on Hot Springs removed from the area.
- Two Leaf Blowers 818 North Salsipuedes apartment complex they probably have a service.
- Medical call unknown type 700 Block of Laguna.
- Drunk female refusing to leave "Your Place" on Milpas probably thinks it's her place.
- Drunk in the 600 Block of West Cota broke a window.
- Subject took a dump at 7-11 Castillo and Montecito in the parking lot, I wonder if they doodoo DNA on that?
- Trespassers going through someones trash 800 Block of Nopal.
- Code 2 Medics for a code 40 Drunk 500 Block of Chapala street.
- Traffic Accident Santa Maria Betteravia at Telephone road several injuries.
- Code 2 Medics on a code 40 Drunk call 300 Block of West Cabrillo.
- 3800 Block of Center Avenue garage fire.
- Suspicious subject wearing Tac Gear but no gun or badge 1000 Block of Toro Canyon not dressed like a responder reporting party calling in to have the subject checked out.
I'm still hearing calls out of Montecito just not posting as many as I don't want some info getting into the wrong hands. I just heard a suspicious subject evading the CHP on a bicycle near Salinas and 101 with a large amount of property he dumped the bike and the property trying to get away but the SBPD got him at Pito's and Salinas unknown if he is a criminal but innocent people usually don't run from the police
I was walking over to Rite Aide on TUESday and some idiot right out of the blue took a swing at me in the Milpas UNDERPANTS, he was a little far away but the intent was there. I said "Go Ahead" in a whisper he thought better of it and continued on his way. I looked at my mood ring it was purple I was in a good mood the rest of the day.
Scanner Reports, Thursday
- 4200 Block of Highway 246 vehicle accident.
- A downed power line started a small fire highway 154 at the entrance to Cachuma Lake.
- 2 Campers alongside the Chapala street wall at Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- The guy with the toy guns was said to have two guns on his waist and he was wearing a bulletproof vest, that was before the police knew they were toy guns. He was said to be walking toward the hospital after a few moments police figured out he was a repeat offender who had done this sort of thing before last time carrying a stun gun. It don't matter if the gun is a toy or not you can still get into trouble with a toy gun and you can still get shot brandishing a toy gun. So There!
- 1510 Garden street Electrical fire and gas problem.
- Medical call for a female passed out in a grey SUV at 2500 Block of Las Positas when the responders got there she was gone.
- Suspicious subject on a bicycle 101 Northbound carrying a lot of property at Salinas pursued by CHP Dumped the bicycle and property and ran but was caught by SBPD at Pito's and Salinas hopping a fence, he still had a backpack. Not sure if he was a looter or ripped off the stuff elsewhere.
- Suicidal female behind 1001 State street yelling that she wants to die.
- Medical call unknown type Washington school 290 Lighthouse in the music room.
- 7 Transients blocking the Cota street side of Hotel Santa Barbara and smoking THE WEED.
- Knee injury 900 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Suicidal Subject in the Double Tree 3rd floor.
- Attempt burglary to a residence 900 Block of East Haley.
- Burglary to a vehicle 2400 Block of DLV.
- Report of an armed subject walking around Foothill and Toro Canyon wearing camo this morning reported as a suspicious subject.
- Medical call rear of the County Jail.
- Camper refusing to leave the 1500 Block of Portusuello was found in one backyard last night then a different backyard this morning both in the 1500 Block of Portusuello.
- Theft of coins from the fountain at the old Mission 2200 Block of Laguna.
I am reminded "Three coins in the fountain each one seeking happiness Thrown by 3 Hopeful Lovers Which one will the fountain Bless?"- Will that is all outta me for now Have a good WEDnesday.....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Ricky, Cory, David Cox, Poe, Midnight, Merlin, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger