Scanner Reports 1-10-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Two years ago Thursday, I awoke to the sound of hard pouring rain on my studio as if the roof was going to give way. I got up, opened the window shade, and noticed a slight glow on the hills above the Santa Barbara East Side and thought the Thomas Fire rekindled but that would be impossible in this rain, I thought. I switched on my handheld scanner as I heard engine 2 pulling out. There was chatter from the Eucalyptus Hill Association, a woman saying something about the Thomas Fire burning, a male voice saying something about a gas explosion. I thought something wasn't right but not sure what was going on even after hearing a firefighter say every residence was gone or destroyed on one road, I believe it was Hot Springs, and about that time my power went out. It took me some time to realize it was a mudslide. I called Lauren and told her as best as I could what was going on, I had no power but lights and one scanner operating per battery power. She told me to write down what I hear and call it in to her leaving it on her message service, I did.
The first body I heard was on the beach off Pacific, it was a female. Then I heard another at Butterfly Beach. I was crying my eyes out listening to this loss of life and tragedy. I heard of a vehicle exploding. stuck in the flood near Olive Mill Road on Highway 101. I did something I don't do much, I prayed not much else I could do though praying was probably the best thing. I heard of two more bodies found later near the tracks, then heard of rescues, and looking for survivors. Days after I heard of people coming into Montecito to loot and steal from victims and their homes or what was left. Some people were hiding while thieves went through their homes searching for valuables, tragedy always brings out the scum bags. Tragedy brings out the Heroes too. The Bucket Brigade, the Responders, Search Dogs and their Handlers, Volunteers helping dig through piles of mud and at the beach to find family heirlooms, people donating time, opening their homes for others to have a place to stay, donating food clothing, money Angels coming out of wowhere to make 805 Strong. We are Blessed. HERE ARE YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Early Morning Hot Springs Breakfast Brush Fire at Hot Springs 4:47am near a Homeless Camp- I wonder how it started?
- Med Call 1300 Block of San Andres.
- Unknown type 415pc at Via Lucero and North La Cumbre.
- Suspicious Circumstances at Cottage Hospital did not say what.
- Premises check East Side Park.
- Fire Alarms and burnt food 19 East Ortega no fire just burnt food.
- Medical Aide 3303 State street male took a dump in a parking lot then passed out.
- Old Mission Gift shop subject disturbing was throwing things at the reporting party now in the gift shop.
- 415 Transient disturbing at Chase restaurant in the 1000 Block of State street.
- Fire Alarms ringing no fire Sansum Medical 4151 Foothill Road
- Anacapa at Cabrillo code 40 Drunk Down Medic's responding
- Follow Up on a case 1000 Block of Chapala street.
- County Call unknown location Subject passed out with a needle in his arm
- Frank Unit on a group at Vera Cruz Park
- On 2 subjects 1400 Block of Euclid
- Premises check Bath street at the Rail Road Tracks
- 415 Female transient yelling and banging shoplifting carts around
- Threats investigation at the Police Station
- Subject yelling in the Parking Lot of the 76 Station 200 South Milpas.
- Armed Robbery in IV I did not know at the time this was an Armed Robbery I cross it with a suicidal call anyway I figured it out after the fact Budda Bowls was robbed
- Suspicious subject a female trying door handles on vehicles at Vons 1040 CVR.
- f Resister of A rest the police was just trying to help the guy take a rest but he resisted and sounded as if he was the Devil through the radio anyway several other units responded to calm the guy down First Block of Garden better the police than me.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- 23152 Drunk Driver Silver Mercedes 8MVG2?? Las Positas on Cliff toward the 101
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist Arrellaga at Anacapa.
- 2 Lewd subjects in a white truck in the 600 Block of Del Monte
- Med call Garden Court 1116 DLV.
- 219 E. Gutierrez 415pc Transient knocking on car windows at Office Max. I wonder what he wants?
- 3100 Block of Highway one Medical.
- 3880 Via Lucero Medical Call.
- City Lot 2 900 Block of Chapala premises check.
- Medical call 900 Block of Garden street.
- SBPD officer on a detail at SBHS.
- Traffic stop 400 South Salinas on a silver Ford no wants or warrants on it.
- Structure Fire response Building 514 in the service closet UCSB.
- Trash Can fire Laguna at Cota illegal burn.
- 415pc Subject on Nectarine in Goleta threatening neighbors address on your onboard computers.
- Med call twice 423 Chapala the Salvation Army.
- Public Assist 500 Block of Bath street.
- On a wanted subject 1200 Block of DLV.
- Medical aide 400 Block of West Ortega.
- 400 Block of East Micheltorena street Medical Aide.
The way the wind is blowing outside it kinda reminds me of Chicago wind every time I go out I feel that crisp cool wind blowing right through me. I spent most of the day right here sipping coffee and then the Last of my favorite Winter Tea. One time when I used to go to Catholic Charities to get food I went there close to Christmas and there was a box of Winter tea, I scooped it up quick bought it home, made a pot. The tea had some sort of Chinese herbs in it and was well outdated that stuff just about took the top of my head off...It was way out dated .I have been drinking Winter Tea ever since hopping to find that stuff again. Will that is all outta me, for now, Have a Wonderful Weekend stay Warm...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy,Diana, Jim, Ross, Sherry, Rambo, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Bengie, Ricky, Mavis, Pat, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you MONday-MONday...Later, Roger