Fundraiser for Displaced Goleta Family Following House Fire

By the edhat staff

The community is coming together to help a Goleta family recently displaced by a house fire.

Santa Barbara County firefighters responded to the 5700 block of Gato Ave on Monday morning and knocked down the structure fire within ten minutes. The cause is suspected to be electrical, but has not been confirmed.

The Delgadillo Family was not home at the time of the fire, but unfortunately, their cat named Sweetie Bear was and passed due to smoke inhalation.

“We are all so sad and are in shock as we didn’t wake up that morning thinking our house, personal belongings, and our amazing kitty Sweetie Bear were gonna be gone in a matter of minutes. I loved my cat so much and it makes so sad I’m never gonna be able to hug him anymore. He was the light of the family and the sweetest cat in the world,” wrote Karla Delgadillo. 

Sweetie Bear (Photo: GoFundMe)

An online fundraiser has been created to help support the family as the majority of the home sustained smoke damage. The fire started in one of the children’s rooms, and burned all of their clothings, school supplies, and belongings.

Donations can be made at

Related Articles

 August 15, 2022: Family Cat Dies in Goleta House Fire

Edhat Staff

Written by Edhat Staff

What do you think?


0 Comments deleted by Administrator

Leave a Review or Comment

Loud Jets Over Downtown?

Suspect Arrested Following Three Hour Standoff in Isla Vista